Windows 10: Cursor malfunction and page scrolling.

Discus and support Cursor malfunction and page scrolling. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For the past few days I have been having these problems and more. My cursor keeps moving to the start of the search bar, document, etc. My webpages... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 130Binary7, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Cursor malfunction and page scrolling.

For the past few days I have been having these problems and more.

• My cursor keeps moving to the start of the search bar, document, etc.
    • My webpages and documents keep scrolling up.
    • Videos keep starting until I move to another tab.
    • I am not able choose from drop down boxes or choices on Chrome
    • Information gets deleted midway while filling

I have tried everything from troubleshooting and virus scans to updating my drivers and resetting my PC

Nothing has worked, I would be happy if someone helped me with this issue.

:)

130Binary7, Jan 5, 2021
  2. pedsto Win User

scrolling bad

New event. When placing cursor over a list or row of columns, even the volume bar scrolling is automatic and proceeds to one end of the series and stops. The scrolling also stops when I move the cursor away from the list but am unable to select anything in the list. Not all the possible lists are effected. Other sites have recommended mouse/kb fixes. Have tried all those but the phenomena persists. Have not had any known updates recently and don't have a restore point to try. Any other suggestions? W10Pro 1903

pedsto, Jan 5, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Page scrolling on its own

We appreciate your response. To troubleshoot your issue, we suggest that you follow these steps below on how to modify Touchpad Scrolling Settings.

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click Mouse and choose Touchpad tab.
    • Locate the Scrolling Settings area within the touchpad properties tab. Adjust the settings to meet your needs.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jan 5, 2021
  4. Cursor malfunction and page scrolling.

TPU review scroll bar

I was wondering if there was any specific reason the buttons to scroll down the list of reviews was stuck in the bottom left-hand corner? Whenever I want to read reviews, I always have to move my cursor and aim it at a small arrow that scrolls the reviews... I'd suggest that instead of making the arrows small and in a corner, it would be better placed to the sides of the review bar.

Something like this (yes, I know it's crappy but it took 5min to make):

Cursor malfunction and page scrolling. tpu.png

anticlutch, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

Cursor malfunction and page scrolling.

1. Cursor malfunction and page scrolling. - Similar Threads - Cursor malfunction page

2. Scroll Wheel is changing the volume, not scrolling the page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scroll Wheel is changing the volume, not scrolling the page: It just opens a little sound window and lowers the volume. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-wheel-is-changing-the-volume-not-scrolling/5c92ced9-f70a-4ea6-a31f-6ee19a91602c
  3. Scroll Wheel is changing the volume, not scrolling the page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scroll Wheel is changing the volume, not scrolling the page: It just opens a little sound window and lowers the volume. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-wheel-is-changing-the-volume-not-scrolling/5c92ced9-f70a-4ea6-a31f-6ee19a91602c
  4. Auto Scroll to bottom of page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Scroll to bottom of page: Recently my computer has been scrolling to he bottom/end of the page when I am in Excel, pdf viewer, and windows settings. It does not do it on word or webpages. I have tried the mouse settings, new mouse, page lock..Seems to be a windows issue....
  5. Page uncontrollably scrolls vertically and horizontally when cursor hovers over.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Page uncontrollably scrolls vertically and horizontally when cursor hovers over.: Preface: The problem is happening on a desktop. I am using Windows 10. I am using a wired mouse from Logitech. Issue: When the pointer is hovering over the Windows/Start Menu, the mouse automatically scrolls down until it hits rock bottom. If I have the pointer...
  6. Cursor? seems to be scrolling up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor? seems to be scrolling up.: The cursor seems to be automatically scrolling up in Windows Settings, Start menu, and the wifi menu when opened through the task bar. I've tried multiple things like unplugging my mouse and keyboard, restarting my PC, and even created another user. It also does not register...
  7. Cursor scrolls uncontrollably.

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor scrolls uncontrollably.: This is a recent happening. I have no idea how it came about. I start the computer, and as soon as I place the cursor to type (applications, search boxes, etc.) it scrolls by itself to whatever boundary the placement has. I looked this up and found this discussion....
  8. [Win10] Gaming Mouse Scroll-Wheel Malfunction

[Win10] Gaming Mouse Scroll-Wheel Malfunction: I have a 1 year old PAWHITS Gaming mouse which has recently begun to have problems with its scroll-wheel. When ever I attempt to scroll down it jerks up or doesn't function at all. Troubleshooting I have tried so far: Disassembled the mouse, clearing away any debris,...
  9. Cursor malfunction

Cursor malfunction: I have recently developed an issue with my Windows 10 HP Notebook. The cursor works normal for the first few minutes every time I turn my laptop on, but quickly starts to malfunction. It will occasionally move from wherever I have it positioned on the screen to this area near...
  10. Cursor scrolls on its own.

Cursor scrolls on its own.: I have an Acer with Windows 10. After "dragging" something with the cursor across the screen and after I stop dragging it, the cursor continues on its own BEFORE I drop what I am dragging into place. The cursor scrolls up & down or sideways on it's own when I am not moving...