Windows 10: Cursor moved by the directional arrows.

Discus and support Cursor moved by the directional arrows. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having a problem for a few days now, when I press my directional arrows on the keyboard, it moves my cursor. Anyone know how not to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dadriun, May 11, 2020.

1. Cursor moved by the directional arrows.

Hello,

I've been having a problem for a few days now, when I press my directional arrows on the keyboard, it moves my cursor.

Anyone know how not to get that?

submitted by /u/dadriun
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dadriun, May 11, 2020

2. Text cursor moving in different directions

Hi,

I'm using Windows 10 on a Toshiba Satellite L50-B-23F laptop.

Starting from yesterday, there has been odd behaviours with my text cursor, and when I try to click on anything. Some behaviour I've noticed:

-My text cursor would keep moving left or right when I try to type.

- If I open up file explorer and click on a file, then it looks like I'm scrolling up or down even when I don't move my mouse or click any arrow keys.

- On the desktop screen, If I click on a file/folder then the selection moves left/right /up/down.

I find that this behaviour looks like the arrow keys are being pressed constantly. The direction that the cursor/selection moves in can change, but it tends to move in the same direction for at least a few minutes at a time before switching to a different
    direction.

Things I've tried:

-Uninstalling the keyboard drivers (both the PS/2 and the HID one)

-scanning for viruses

-uninstalling mouse drivers (both the synaptic touchpad and the HID ones)

So far nothing has helped.

I do use a USB keyboard and mouse, but this problem occurs even when those devices are not connected.

I have no idea if it's a software or hardware issue as I've recently updated Windows 10(I did this two days ago) and I've also spilt tea on my keyboards four days ago(on the USB keyboard as well as the laptop's built in keyboard- the USB keyboard still works
    fine but some keys of the built in keyboard no longer works).

Thanks in Advance,

Wei-Wen Tan

Wei WenTan, May 11, 2020
  3. The cursor changes the shape from the arrow to a circle with an up arrow and an arrow down

When I have opened a program like Edge on my Windows 10 PC, the cursor changes form from an arrow to a circle with an up arrow and an arrow down.
    This new symbol can not activate anything by moving it around with the mouse.
    To close the open program, press Ctrl + Alt + Del to get to the job list.
    At the same time, the circle symbol turns into the well-known arrow, and I can continue the work normally.

How do I avoid the annoying circle icon?

The cursor changes the shape from the arrow to a circle with an up arrow and an arrow down

Claes Agerup, May 11, 2020
  4. Cursor moved by the directional arrows.

Cursor moves when pressing direction keys

I am working on a Lenovo ideapad 330, with the latest windows 10 (1903). When I press the regular direction keys on my keyboard, my cursor moves in the direction I am pressing. I would like my cursor not to move when I press the direction keys. How can
    I stop this behavior?

Thank you,

Yehuda

yehudarimon, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Cursor moved by the directional arrows.

1. Cursor moved by the directional arrows. - Similar Threads - Cursor moved directional

2. How to DISABLE the keyboard arrow keys from moving the cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to DISABLE the keyboard arrow keys from moving the cursor: I recently applied the latest Windows 10 Pro patchesFeature update to Windows 10, version 2004and OS Builds 19044.3803 and 19045.3803And installed the latest version of Power Toys Now it seems keyboard movement via the arrow and number keys is permanently enabled I tried to...
  3. How to DISABLE the keyboard arrow keys from moving the cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to DISABLE the keyboard arrow keys from moving the cursor: I recently applied the latest Windows 10 Pro patchesFeature update to Windows 10, version 2004and OS Builds 19044.3803 and 19045.3803And installed the latest version of Power Toys Now it seems keyboard movement via the arrow and number keys is permanently enabled I tried to...
  4. Tablet pen cursor suddenly started moving opposite direction but mouse cursor moves correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tablet pen cursor suddenly started moving opposite direction but mouse cursor moves correctly: Hello, this happens to me on my laptop and also on my computer. I have tablet Vikoo HK708s. I have the newest drivers and updates for both windows and tablet. However sometimes when i work in photoshop, the cursor suddenly switches and when i move pen to one direction, it...
  5. Tablet pen cursor suddenly started moving opposite direction but mouse cursor moves correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tablet pen cursor suddenly started moving opposite direction but mouse cursor moves correctly: Hello, this happens to me on my laptop and also on my computer. I have tablet Vikoo HK708s. I have the newest drivers and updates for both windows and tablet. However sometimes when i work in photoshop, the cursor suddenly switches and when i move pen to one direction, it...
  6. Mouse cursor is moving in the opposite direction on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Mouse cursor is moving in the opposite direction on Windows PC: [IMG]Some Windows users have reported that their mouse cursor is moving in the opposite direction. When they move their mouse to the left, the cursor moves to the right and vice-versa. According to them, restarting the device fixes the issue but the problem appears again...
  7. My cursor arrow

in Windows 10 Customization
    My cursor arrow: How do I get my cursor symbol back? My cursor is now a small round clock/target like symbol - with a small black triangle at the 12, 3, 6 & 9 positions. Please help. Thank you....
  8. Can we move mouse cursor with keyboard arrow keys?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can we move mouse cursor with keyboard arrow keys?: Windows mouse keys let you move mouse cursor with keyboard numeric keypads but the problem is I dont have numeric keypads on my laptop so it will be best to use up,down,left,right arrows to move mouse cursor. submitted by /u/sherkhannabi [link] [comments]...
  9. Touchpad isn't moving my cursor in the correct directions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad isn't moving my cursor in the correct directions: I was reading a book on my laptop and found the words were too small to read at a comfortable distance, so I put my laptop into flipped portrait mode which solved to problem. All of a sudden, my touchpad seemed to be working in relation to the new orientation of my screen (in...
  10. Text cursor moving in different directions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Text cursor moving in different directions: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 on a Toshiba Satellite L50-B-23F laptop. Starting from yesterday, there has been odd behaviours with my text cursor, and when I try to click on anything. Some behaviour I've noticed: -My text cursor would keep moving left or right when I try to...