Windows 10: cursor moved itself on touchpad

Discus and support cursor moved itself on touchpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptope model is Asus A45vd. After i installed windows 10, when i used my touchpad, the cursor was moving itself without me moved my finger on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Maxwong2, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Maxwong2 Win User

cursor moved itself on touchpad

My laptope model is Asus A45vd. After i installed windows 10, when i used my touchpad, the cursor was moving itself without me moved my finger on the touchpad.

May i know what is going on?

May i know how can i solve this issue as this has been irrating me for several days?

:)

Maxwong2, Nov 14, 2018
  2. Kevin_KK Win User

How to prevent the mouse cursor from moving up/down when scrolling on touchpad

Before Windows 10, when I swipe up/down on touchpad, the mouse cursor stays at one location. However, it now becomes a little dot and also moves up and down while I'm swiping on touchpad. I don't like this feature for three reasons:

• It's not a universal behavior in that it only takes place in UWP applications but not in traditional Windows applications
    • When there are both UWP and traditional applications, and if the mouse cursor (the little dot) moves to the boundary of the two kinds of applications, it's shape becomes inconsistent and variant (I doubt there might be a bug or glitch)
    • It's often very hard to find the mouse cursor on screen once it becomes a little dot -- it disappears, and when one moves the mouse, it just jumps out from nowhere. It's kind of beyond expectations and annoying for one who only wishes to work on computers.
    So is there any settings that disable this features? I've found in the mouse and touchpad section with no luck. Thanks!

Kevin_KK, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Mouse Cursor Moving Spontaneously

Hey All,

I have an MSI GE72 2QD Apache Pro laptop with Windows 10 64-Bit OS. I use a wireless Logitech M510 mouse.

My problem is that my mouse cursor will move spontaneously at different times and start randomly clicking on things. Super annoying.

Things I have done to try to revert the issue:

• Made sure my drivers for both the touchpad and wireless mouse were fully updated.
    • Rolled-back the drivers to see if that would fix the problem.
    • Completely uninstalled the drivers and then reinstalled them.
    • Disabled the touchpad, which does work, but I don't want to keep it this way.
    Since disabling the touchpad is the only thing that seems to work, I am thinking it has something to do with that.

Any suggestions or tips that might resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Johnw28020, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Kevin_KK Win User

How to prevent the mouse cursor from moving up/down when scrolling on touchpad

Thanks for your reply.

Yes. There are a number of different cases. Take UWP application "Microsoft News" and traditional windows application Chrome browser as an example:

• If "Microsoft News" is of the focus, and if the mouse cursor is within "Microsoft News", when I scroll down using two fingers on touchpad, the mouse cursor first disappears and reappears to the bottom of the original position as a small dot, which also
      moves down on screen. After I stop scrolling, the small dot disappears, and the mouse cursor does not reappear, until I move the mouse on touchpad with a single finger.
    • If "Microsoft News" is of the focus, but if the mouse cursor is within "Chrome" browser, when I scroll down using two fingers, "Chrome" browser becomes the focus (which should not have happened), and the mouse cursor completely disappears. It won't reappear
      immediately after I stop scrolling and move the mouse with a single finger, but reappear in one or two seconds from the neighborhood of where I would expect it to be. So in this case: 1. I won't expect "Chrome" becomes the focus but it will; and 2. I cannot
      predict precisely where the mouse cursor will reappear on the screen.
    • If "Chrome" is of the focus, but if the mouse cursor is within "Microsoft News", the "Microsoft News" becomes the focus, which shouldn't have happened either. Then the mouse cursor becomes a small dot, which is the same as the first case.
    • If "Chrome" is of the focus, and if the mouse cursor is within "Chrome" window, nothing suspicious happens.
    • For the above four cases, if I scroll using a physical mouse rather than a touchpad, nothing suspicious happens.
    This issue takes place every time when a UWP application and a traditional window application are both visible on screen.

More issues:

• When two UWP applications are both visible, if one scrolls (not tested with a mouse yet, only on touchpad) over the app not in focus, it becomes the focus, which shouldn't have happened.
    • When two traditional windows applications are both visible, if one scrolls (not tested with a mouse yet, only on touchpad) over the application not in focus, the scrolling speed becomes
      very fast, even if the speed has been set to slow in the touchpad setting panel.
    Probably there's no way but waiting for update. But if there's anything I can do to fix them, it would be of great help. Thanks again.

P.S. I'm using Samsung laptop preinstalled with Windows 10 Home edition. I never turn off Windows update.

Kevin_KK, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

1. cursor moved itself on touchpad - Similar Threads - cursor moved itself

2. My laptop cursor is not in my control. It is moving itself and clicking by itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop cursor is not in my control. It is moving itself and clicking by itself.: Looks like someone else is controlling my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-cursor-is-not-in-my-control-it-is-moving/307746b9-e43c-4423-8f42-145ff721ff47
  3. My laptop cursor is not in my control. It is moving itself and clicking by itself.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop cursor is not in my control. It is moving itself and clicking by itself.: Looks like someone else is controlling my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-cursor-is-not-in-my-control-it-is-moving/307746b9-e43c-4423-8f42-145ff721ff47
  4. My cursor is invisible and my TouchPad won't move it

My cursor is invisible and my TouchPad won't move it: Cursor problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cursor-is-invisible-and-my-touchpad-wont-move/a7590abe-f066-4e28-8685-4410afed6efb
  5. Cursor moving by itself to the top left conner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor moving by itself to the top left conner: I have been using a wireless mouse for a week now and it seems that my cursor will now suddenly move to the too left conner by itself and refuse to move away . I have tried to reboot the PC but still not working,I have also tried to uninstall the mouse drivers and changed USB...
  6. Cursor moving by itself to the top left conner

Cursor moving by itself to the top left conner: I have been using a wireless mouse for a week now and it seems that my cursor will now suddenly move to the too left conner by itself and refuse to move away . I have tried to reboot the PC but still not working,I have also tried to uninstall the mouse drivers and changed USB...
  7. Cursor moving by itself to the top left conner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Cursor moves to the left by itself while typing

Cursor moves to the left by itself while typing: I've windows 10 and in the recent past, my keyboard and mouse cursor is acting crazy. Like when I use keys such as backspace, number keys above the letters number pad while typing cursor automatically jumps to the left and it is really frustrating when I'm writing an email....
  9. issues with windows - cursor moving in beginning of page by itself

issues with windows - cursor moving in beginning of page by itself: hi, anybody having same issues with pointer moving in the beginning of page in any windows app email, powerpoint, word, pdf ... - all! and internet as well. i tried everything i thought of, seems that all updates are up to date. any idea? thank you!...
  10. Synaptics Touchpad stops working or keeps moving itself

Synaptics Touchpad stops working or keeps moving itself: I am using Windows 10 version 1703 (OS Build 15063.413) on HP Notebook 1000. And just for reference I have encountered this issue in previous versions of Windows 10 as well. Every time I clean install Windows 10 and update to install drivers, it will work fine for about 1-2...