Windows 10: cursor moves irregularly

Discus and support cursor moves irregularly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The cursor on my monitor moves irregularly, windows sometimes reduce themselves and sometimes expand. I‘ve updated the system. My laptop is Surface Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kristincowan, Nov 24, 2018.

1. cursor moves irregularly

The cursor on my monitor moves irregularly, windows sometimes reduce themselves and sometimes expand. I‘ve updated the system. My laptop is Surface Pro 3

:)

kristincowan, Nov 24, 2018
  2. deeneecy Win User

cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer - the cursor continually moves back to the top of the list

Original title: Windows 10 File Explorer

When scrolling through a list of files in Explorer, the cursor continually moves back to the top of the list. Also when I try to rename a file the cursor moves back to the top of the list during this process.

RobertEades, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Arnie Est Win User

cursor moves irregularly

Is there a key to delete character ahead of the cursor?

Hello Stephen,

As of the moment, deleting the characters next to the cursor is unavailable. You can only delete characters by moving the cursor to the right side. You can always send a suggestion via Feedback Hub app so that it can be added or included on the next update.

To send a feedback on your phone, you can follow the steps below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details of the feature you want to be added on Windows phone.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need more help, feel free to ask the Community.

Arnie Est, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

cursor moves irregularly

1. cursor moves irregularly - Similar Threads - cursor moves irregularly

2. Cursor not moving.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor not moving.: No matter what I try my cursor of my computer will not move. I have tried 4 different mouse‘s. From wireless to gaming and plug in ones. I also tried holding the start key and moving with arrows. Also this computer is still on Windows 7. But I cannot do anything because it...
  3. Cursor not moving.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor not moving.: No matter what I try my cursor of my computer will not move. I have tried 4 different mouse‘s. From wireless to gaming and plug in ones. I also tried holding the start key and moving with arrows. Also this computer is still on Windows 7. But I cannot do anything because it...
  4. Irregular move of mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Irregular move of mouse: Hello, Just concern occasionally my mouse start moving like zig zagging briefly. Is someone controlling my PC. ? Or is it an effect of something else. Please let me know, very strange Thank you...
  5. Cursor won't move?

Cursor won't move?: So I recently updated my laptop HP, win10 and haven't used it until tonight, and I discovered that synaptics isn't installed properly or isn't running and looks like a blank file on the thumbnail. I try to double click it with my usb mouse and I get "there was a problem...
  6. Cursor moves on its on

Cursor moves on its on: Why do pointer move on its own . should I put it on low intensity https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-moves-on-its-on/c3d555c8-9f9a-4479-a1ac-a4054e342ebc
  7. cursor not moving

cursor not moving: on my computer the cursor is not moving right when I get on it it just stops moving or sometimes just jump around my screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-not-moving/d590b4f6-bc8d-4216-a64d-16a9dca3f07d
  8. cursor stopped moving

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cursor stopped moving: Cursor stopped moving....use windows 10 and I use the finger touchpad not a mouse.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-stopped-moving/3b7d8455-2c5a-4ca3-b771-eccc75049778
  9. Cursor keeps moving

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cursor keeps moving: I'm using Dell Latitude , and been experiencing this cursor that keeps moving at the upper right of the screen and lower left, Done diasbling touchpad but the problem still exist, Done reformatting but it still not fixed. Done doing some of the tips here from running...
  10. Cursor moves backwards

Cursor moves backwards: Is is a Synaptics device? If so, you have to remove ALL drivers and software which will normally be found in Programs and Features and reinstall a totally fresh driver from Synaptics. If that also wont install then there is something somewhere else going on.