Windows 10: Cursor moves to the left while typing in any app

Discus and support Cursor moves to the left while typing in any app in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; First, thanks in advance for your consideration, and I also want to point out that the issue I'm about to describe has been raised before, though... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KennethHempel, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Cursor moves to the left while typing in any app

First, thanks in advance for your consideration, and I also want to point out that the issue I'm about to describe has been raised before, though having thoroughly reviewed the forum posts about it, and taken all recommended steps to address it without avail, I'm hoping someone may be able to shed new light on it.

So, problem: two days ago while typing an Open Office document, the cursor began scrolling to the left, row by row, to the top of the document. The same problem began occurring with Google Chrome in the search dialog and on websites. I tried other browsers, including Edge and Opera: same problem. I tried Wordpad: same problem. It is intermittent, although it renders my pc just as often unusable, and my workflow highly disrupted.

Machine: ASUS ROG G55VW

Steps to correct:

1 Thinking the problem may have to do with Open Office which I hadn't been using regularly in recent days, I uninstalled the application. The problem persisted. I also ran a virus check, which found nothing.

2 Following the rec of one forum post, I ran troubleshoot of all related devices, including keyboard and touchpad. Troubleshoot found no problems.

3 Following another forum rec, I checked to see if the driver for my Logitech wireless mouse as well as my touchpad were up to date. Both were.

4 I tried disabling the mouse and using the touchpad which I usually keep disabled - so it isn't a problem of my hand rubbing against it, in other words. No luck.

5 I tried disabling the touchpad which as I said I usually keep disabled. Unsurprisingly, I guess, no luck.

6 Last resort: I clean installed Windows, removing every application, yesterday. By last evening the problem had returned.

As it stands these are the only third party apps installed: Firefox, Open Office, Fii0 DAC driver, Amazon Music, and Adobe Acrobat.

Any thoughts?

:)

KennethHempel, Nov 2, 2020
  2. prasadvv Win User

Fix for cursor moving to left?

What is the fix for the cursor moving to the left? Upon first signing in to Windows 10 I type the first letter of my password and the cursor moves to the left. I have to delete the first letter and start my user name
    again and then the cursor behaves normally. This also occasionally happens when typing a document or typing something into "search". I type the first letter, the cursor moves to the left and I have to delete the first letter and retype.

prasadvv, Nov 2, 2020
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    Cursor moves to the left while I'm typing

Hi,

There are multiple factors that we can consider why you’re having this cursor issue on your computer. We would recommend that you check the response of
    Azam K on this
    thread
    . This will provide you steps on how to run a complete virus scan and safe mode on your device.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Cursor moves to the left while typing in any app

Fix for cursor moving to left

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the cursor moves towards left while typing. I will be glad to help you.

I need more information for better understanding the issue.

1. What is the model number of the laptop?

2. Does the issue occur with any particular app?

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue:

Method 1: Troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices.

I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Display adapter. Refer these steps:

1. Right click on Start button, select Control Panel.

2. Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

3. Click on Troubleshooting and click on the
    view a
    ll option on the left panel.

4. Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Method 2 : Re-install the drivers

I would also suggest you to check for updated drivers in the manufacturer’s website.

Refer below articles for more information:

Updating a Driver

Updating a driver.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Vinodh Kumar V, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

Cursor moves to the left while typing in any app

1. Cursor moves to the left while typing in any app - Similar Threads - Cursor moves left

2. Typing cursor moves to the left of the character when typing W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Typing cursor moves to the left of the character when typing W11: Hello,I have a strange behavior since a month or so, when typing the r&R letter, the typing cursor moves to its left, making it impossible to write when using this laptop. I'm facing this issue only when using external keyboards. Furthermore, I have tried unplugging,...
  3. Typing cursor moves to the left of the character when typing W11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Typing cursor moves to the left of the character when typing W11: Hello,I have a strange behavior since a month or so, when typing the r&R letter, the typing cursor moves to its left, making it impossible to write when using this laptop. I'm facing this issue only when using external keyboards. Furthermore, I have tried unplugging,...
  4. Cursor is moving left automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor is moving left automatically.: Sir./ madam I have recently Flashed windows 11 in my pc . and I am facing a problem. That Cursor is moving left automatically. I have tried by uninstalling driver to fix this issue. I got failed. Please help me. Is there any file or s/w corrupted.?...
  5. Cursor is moving left automatically.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor is moving left automatically.: Sir./ madam I have recently Flashed windows 11 in my pc . and I am facing a problem. That Cursor is moving left automatically. I have tried by uninstalling driver to fix this issue. I got failed. Please help me. Is there any file or s/w corrupted.?...
  6. Cursor moves to the left by itself while typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor moves to the left by itself while typing: I've windows 10 and in the recent past, my keyboard and mouse cursor is acting crazy. Like when I use keys such as backspace, number keys above the letters number pad while typing cursor automatically jumps to the left and it is really frustrating when I'm writing an email....
  7. While typing keyboard cursor keeps moving left

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    While typing keyboard cursor keeps moving left: Hello This problem is driving me nuts. I use ASUS Zen book win 10 home. I also use blue tooth Logitech mouse and keyboard. While typing a word in firefox address bar or in viber, after two or three letters, the cursor shifts automatically to the left sometimes. This problem...
  8. Editing in forums; cursor jumps to the left while typing

in Browsers and Email
    Editing in forums; cursor jumps to the left while typing: I can't figure out exactly what is happening but if I am editing text, most often in a forum, my cursor suddenly jumps back to the start of a word then behaves in an odd way. The workaround is to clear the characters to the right and re-write the text I clear. But I can't...
  9. Can't move cursor on touchpad while typing, please help

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't move cursor on touchpad while typing, please help: Hi, I recently received a new Lenovo laptop, and I've noticed I can't move the cursor at all while holding down any key. This is really irritating, especially as a gamer, so could somebody please help, thanks. (I'm running on Windows 10) My touchpad is a Synaptics...
  10. Moving cursor while typing

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving cursor while typing: When I am typing, emails, chat msgs, etc and I am careful to avoid the touchpad, my cursor will automatically move back to the front or middle of verbiage I have already typed, and cause over typing. 44976

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Cursor keeps moving to the left when typing Windows 10