Windows 10: Cursor moves to top middle of my screen and makes open windows inactive when it touches...

Discus and support Cursor moves to top middle of my screen and makes open windows inactive when it touches... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Whenever I touch the left side of the screen with my cursor all open windows become inactive and the cursor snaps to the middle of the top of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by joseph Cohen1, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Cursor moves to top middle of my screen and makes open windows inactive when it touches...

Whenever I touch the left side of the screen with my cursor all open windows become inactive and the cursor snaps to the middle of the top of my screen. Moving to the right again causes it to move out from the left again. This causes issues because it always accidentally touches the edge of the screen. The same issue does not happen on the right edge. The problem doesn't occur in the BIOS menu or the lock screen and my mouse is at full battery. I have tried restarting my PC and unplugging my USB receiver to no avail. The PC does not think another monitor is connected.

:)

joseph Cohen1, Jan 29, 2023

2. cursor disappears when touched the screen.

Hi Kiara,

• What is the make and model of the device?

This issue could have happened due to any outdated drivers.

As an initial step, let's Install all the pending updates on your computer and check if the issue still persist; Follow the below steps to check for pending updates.

• Click on Update & security, then click on
      Windows Update.

• Select Check for updates. If Windows Update says that your PC is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.
    • Press Windows key+ I to open the
      Settings.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run hardware troubleshooter

• Press Windows + X key.
    • From the jump menu select Control Panel.
    • On the Top right click on view by and select large icons.
    • Go to troubleshooting.
    • On the Left panel click View all items.
    • Select Hardware and devices troubleshooter and follow the on screen instructions.

If issue persist, I suggest you to refer method 2 and check if it helps.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the touch drivers from device manager and restart the system and check if it helps.

To uninstall the touch drivers follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + X key.
    • From the jump menu select Device Manager.
    • Go to Human Interface Devices.
    • Select the touch driver.
    • Right click and select update.

Hope the issue gets resolved.

Please respond if you have any further related query.

Rishad K T, Jan 29, 2023
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer - the cursor continually moves back to the top of the list

Original title: Windows 10 File Explorer

When scrolling through a list of files in Explorer, the cursor continually moves back to the top of the list. Also when I try to rename a file the cursor moves back to the top of the list during this process.

RobertEades, Jan 29, 2023
  4. Cursor moves to top middle of my screen and makes open windows inactive when it touches...

cursor disappears during touch screen mode

As of January 31st there is no way to show the mouse cursor while touching the screen: Redirecting

The linked post goes on to recommend using the Feedback app to suggest this feature (or find others who have suggested it and upvote their suggestions).

music2myear, Jan 29, 2023
Thema:

Cursor moves to top middle of my screen and makes open windows inactive when it touches...

1. Cursor moves to top middle of my screen and makes open windows inactive when it touches... - Similar Threads - Cursor moves top

2. Screen Flickering when moving cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Flickering when moving cursor: So, when I start the laptop, the screen is fine until I move the mouse. The moment the cursor appears on the screen, it starts flickering. My laptop is touch screen so when I touch anywhere on the screen the cursor disappears when touch is used, the screen stops flickering. I...
  3. Screen Flickering when moving cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering when moving cursor: So, when I start the laptop, the screen is fine until I move the mouse. The moment the cursor appears on the screen, it starts flickering. My laptop is touch screen so when I touch anywhere on the screen the cursor disappears when touch is used, the screen stops flickering. I...
  4. Why is my cursor moving and clicking the top left of my screen and refreshing the screen?

Why is my cursor moving and clicking the top left of my screen and refreshing the screen?: Hello, my mouse cursor will randomly jump and move to the top left corner of the screen and click. It will also click to the left where the cursor is on the screen. The screen will also randomly refresh. Also, the winget menu would randomly open constantly so I completely...
  5. Why is my cursor moving and clicking the top left of my screen and refreshing the screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my cursor moving and clicking the top left of my screen and refreshing the screen?: Hello, my mouse cursor will randomly jump and move to the top left corner of the screen and click. It will also click to the left where the cursor is on the screen. The screen will also randomly refresh. Also, the winget menu would randomly open constantly so I completely...
  6. Cursor moves to top middle of my screen and makes open windows inactive when it touches...

Cursor moves to top middle of my screen and makes open windows inactive when it touches...: Whenever I touch the left side of the screen with my cursor all open windows become inactive and the cursor snaps to the middle of the top of my screen. Moving to the right again causes it to move out from the left again. This causes issues because it always accidentally...
  7. Windows when open the cursor goes to the top of page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows when open the cursor goes to the top of page: Hi just a quick question but its hard to explain when i push the windows button on my pc it opens the start menu but the curser just goes straight to the top so trying to turn the pc off is imposible as it wont go to this button also when trying to select speak or...
  8. cursor stuck in middle of screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cursor stuck in middle of screen: when i turn my comp on it all works ok but the curser is stuck in the middle of the screen i have had to revert too an mouse to move it which is how i got to ask this HELP please Moved from the Community Es...
  9. When not moving the mouse, the cursor move into a box in the middle of display monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When not moving the mouse, the cursor move into a box in the middle of display monitors: Hi there, One of my user has an issue following an upgrade to Win 10 1803. As this is per company policy, I can't downgrade the software version. The user has a Surface Pro 4, with a Surface docking station, linked to 2 display monitors. After the upgrade to Win10 1803...
  10. Cursor disappears when I touch screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor disappears when I touch screen: I'm new to Windows 10 and touchscreens, about which I love everything so far - except that when I tap my screen, the pointer disappears until I move it with the trackpad. For some reason this bugs me and I can't figure out if it's a setting I can change, or if I'll just have...