Windows 10: Cursor moves up left for right of the screen right after signing in

Discus and support Cursor moves up left for right of the screen right after signing in in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Right after signing in, the cursor moves up the screen left or right. It even stops working while I'm in whatever sites and the computer freezes. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Carolyn H1112, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Cursor moves up left for right of the screen right after signing in

Right after signing in, the cursor moves up the screen left or right. It even stops working while I'm in whatever sites and the computer freezes. This also happens on other site pages and games. I try restarting, but that doesn't resolve the problem. I look into the mouse/cursor settings and there's nothing I see to fix it. I'm at a loss what to do about it.

:)

Carolyn H1112, Feb 27, 2019
  2. Mallorcan Win User

cursor moving itself to top right/ bottom right of screen

I have an HP Envy 27 - poo1ns desktop running windows 10, 1 year old, wireless keyboard and mouse.

For the last 3 weeks the cursor moves itself to top right/ bottom right of screen and also flickers continuously when being moved around the screen. As the cursor moves to the top right of the screen it often clicks on the X in the top right closing the
    current application on the screen.

This has just about rendered the PC unusable.

Any solutions would be much appreciated.

Things I have tried so far:

Used a different mouse

Reloaded the driver software

Restored back 2 months to remove MS updates

Edited the mouse control software

Mallorcan, Feb 27, 2019
  3. NOPD Win User
    Up-Down and Left-Right Arrows Only move one space at a time

Up-Down and Left-Right Arrows Only move cursor one space at a time. Takes forever to move the cursor anywhere.

With text function there is no repeat
    EXAMPLE Typical... I had to push the right arrow key 7 times for the word EXAMPLE
    Tried windows troubleshooting and got nothing useful
    Thanks for any suggestions

4. Aunt Bran Win User

Cursor moves up left for right of the screen right after signing in

cursor moving itself to top right/ bottom right of screen

This problem has been driving me nuts! Several times a day my cursor will jump to the upper right corner and click itself, forcing me to exit the internet (or whatever I'm working on) -- maddening! An engineer friend suggested I reduce the size of my
    active screen slightly and see if it continued to go to the corner -- it did, where it does no harm! Awesome fix!!

Aunt Bran, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

Cursor moves up left for right of the screen right after signing in

1. Cursor moves up left for right of the screen right after signing in - Similar Threads - Cursor moves left

2. Left is right, right is left

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left is right, right is left: I want to switch the monitors so my single-screen taskbar is on the left monitor, not on the right. I tried using settings, switching cables, etc., without success. I'm sure that there's something simple that I'm missing....
  3. Left is right, right is left

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left is right, right is left: I want to switch the monitors so my single-screen taskbar is on the left monitor, not on the right. I tried using settings, switching cables, etc., without success. I'm sure that there's something simple that I'm missing....
  4. Mouse pointer moving to the top left or right corner of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer moving to the top left or right corner of the screen: When going fullscreen in a game which requires using mouse as aim the mouse cursor moves up to top right or left corner of screen when i press esc or open menu ingame...
  5. Mouse move unequal right to left

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse move unequal right to left: hello, For some time now, I have observed that my mouse does not go through the same distance from left to right. one could say that the speed cdovered is inegal on both sides causing a very strange imbalance.And that there is a discrepancy of speed on this axis that I...
  6. when i move my mouse to the left if goes right and when i move it to right it goes up...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    when i move my mouse to the left if goes right and when i move it to right it goes up...: what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-move-my-mouse-to-the-left-if-goes-right-and/1920da3d-7e9c-4f42-ba18-01a29d60f699
  7. when i move my mouse to the left if goes right and when i move it to right it goes up...

when i move my mouse to the left if goes right and when i move it to right it goes up...: what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-move-my-mouse-to-the-left-if-goes-right-and/1920da3d-7e9c-4f42-ba18-01a29d60f699
  8. Mouse cursor moving wrong direction only left right

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor moving wrong direction only left right: So, I've been having this problem for a few months, and I honestly think it's time for a new mouse, but I figured I'd ask around first.So randomly every now and then, my cursor will start moving in the wrong direction, specifically I move left, and it moves right. When I move...
  9. Mouse cursor moving wrong direction only left right

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor moving wrong direction only left right: So, I've been having this problem for a few months, and I honestly think it's time for a new mouse, but I figured I'd ask around first.So randomly every now and then, my cursor will start moving in the wrong direction, specifically I move left, and it moves right. When I move...
  10. Mouse cursor moving wrong direction only left right