Windows 10: Cursor moving erratically on the screen

Discus and support Cursor moving erratically on the screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The cursor on my screen has started moving erratically lately. It happens randomly. One moment my cursor will be behaving itself for a few hours and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by yuehy371, Oct 8, 2020.

1. yuehy371 Win User

Cursor moving erratically on the screen

The cursor on my screen has started moving erratically lately. It happens randomly. One moment my cursor will be behaving itself for a few hours and then all of a sudden, it'll start moving erratically all over the screen. There are even visuals on the screen that looks like I'm also using the touchpad, but I am not even touching the screen. The cursor then proceeds to close my windows and opens new windows/apps at random.

I have concluded that it is a problem with my touchpad because my wireless mouse is the only one that works properly when I try to control the cursor. However, I have already gone through a few other possible solutions to try and fix my cursor: updating the drives, uninstalling the drives and restarting, updating all the updates possible on Windows. Those solutions haven't worked. I just tried to clean boot my laptop, so I will see if that works. I can only tell if a solution works if my mouse doesn't act strangely after a day.

:)

yuehy371, Oct 8, 2020

2. erratic cursor

erratic cursor stops typing and moves to top left or right I have changed to a wired mouse from wireless but still happens with and with out mouse, cannot get any thing done

John

JSaunders 51, Oct 8, 2020
  3. Microsoft arc mouse moves erratically

Hello,

I'm using a Dell - windows 10 64 bit OS. The arc mouse moves erratically all over the screen as I try to move the mouse.

I've tried the following:

• windows update - latest
    • uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled from the microsoft download center.
    Any ideas are gladly welcome!

Regards,

Jaguareyes, Oct 8, 2020
  4. MarkNoel2 Win User

cursor randomly jumps around screen

Also,

Last week I was going through the list and the 'Clean Boot' seemed to work. But this morning (Monday) the cursor is back to jumping around the screen erratically. It's really hard to work as I need to keep dragging the cursor back to where I need it and
    most of the time it's jumps away while I'm trying to move it. Very frustrating!

Thanks!

MarkNoel2, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Cursor moving erratically on the screen - Similar Threads - Cursor moving erratically

2. Cursor moves erratically or not at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor moves erratically or not at all.: Using Lenovo MK820z all in one WIN 11 Pro 64 bit with Microsoft Wireless comfort keyboard 5000 and Microsoft wireless mouse 5000. Aggravating as hell - please help...
  3. Cursor moves erratically or not at all.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor moves erratically or not at all.: Using Lenovo MK820z all in one WIN 11 Pro 64 bit with Microsoft Wireless comfort keyboard 5000 and Microsoft wireless mouse 5000. Aggravating as hell - please help...
  4. Erratic Cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Erratic Cursor: All of a sudden, my cursor has gone crazy. It will go into a continuous scroll pattern. It will print the letters in a word I enter...backwards. It will not stay where I put it. We purchased a new Mouse and that did nothing. We have done shutdown many times...power off. I...
  5. Erratic Cursor

Erratic Cursor: All of a sudden, my cursor has gone crazy. It will go into a continuous scroll pattern. It will print the letters in a word I enter...backwards. It will not stay where I put it. We purchased a new Mouse and that did nothing. We have done shutdown many times...power off. I...
  6. Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen: Hi!A well known issue, with a lot of advice to be found, but nevertheless I can't fix it.The mouse cursor starts moving rapidly, mostly horizontally, back and forth. Sometimes the user it's not me can use the laptop for an hour or two without any problem, sometimes it starts...
  7. Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen: Hi!A well known issue, with a lot of advice to be found, but nevertheless I can't fix it.The mouse cursor starts moving rapidly, mostly horizontally, back and forth. Sometimes the user it's not me can use the laptop for an hour or two without any problem, sometimes it starts...
  8. Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen

9. Erratic behavior, especially the cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Erratic behavior, especially the cursor: I have an older Toshiba Satellite Laptop. It has Windows 10 Home. Intel core i5-4210U, 6 GB RAM, 750GB HD. Internet is via Wi-Fi. About 2 weeks ago, half of the key board stopped working... I have a mini keyboard so I plugged that it and was able to use. A few days ago,...
  10. Erratic mouse cursor behavior.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Erratic mouse cursor behavior.: My mouse is having a tendency to chage icons when transitioning from windows or over text. Gets stuck on different cusor icons and sometimes two parallel lines that are vertical. Ive checked windows updates and even done a reset of the pc resetting the OS....