Windows 10: Cursor no longer shows on login screen but appears after logging in

Discus and support Cursor no longer shows on login screen but appears after logging in in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After a recent Windows update my cursor no longer shows when I turn on the computer and get to the login screen. I can still log in, though...I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zanestein, Jan 18, 2019.

1. zanestein Win User

Cursor no longer shows on login screen but appears after logging in

After a recent Windows update my cursor no longer shows when I turn on the computer and get to the login screen.
    I can still log in, though...I click the Ctrl button and I can then type into the password screen.

But until then I have no cursor. Most of the time this is ok. But I do like to respond when Microsoft puts a new picture on my screen and asks if I like it or not, but now without a cursor there I can't do that.

Short of rolling back the recent update, any suggestions on how to get the cursor to show?

I have run the sfc /scannow which didn't help. I checked for updated drivers for my touchpad. I changed the type of cursor displayed.

:)

zanestein, Jan 18, 2019
  2. WhyMe Win User

Win 10 not opening to log in screen.

You mean this yeah? (It's called a 'Lock Screen' by the way) Cursor no longer shows on login screen but appears after logging in :)
    Cursor no longer shows on login screen but appears after logging in [​IMG]

• What picture appears?
    • Are you saying you don't actually reach the 'log in' screen?
    • That you are unable to either log in or access Windows 10?

Edit: Welcome to the forum Loggo Cursor no longer shows on login screen but appears after logging in :)

WhyMe, Jan 18, 2019
  3. jds63 Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, Jan 18, 2019
  4. copiman Win User

Blank screen with mouse cursor after login

I have an HP Pavilion 17-1053us laptop. The issue is as follows:

Upon turning on it will get to the login screen. You see a full screen with login in box. Put in password and the boot starts. Then when you would expect the desktop to appear, I get a black screen with a mouse cursor. I get the same if I try safe mode. I can get to troubleshoot after interrupting boot a few times. I can also get to CTR ALT DELETE stuff. I did a restore point back to before this started and still have the issue. Tried a few things found googling but no go, so I came here to get suggestions on how to troubleshoot and resolve.

copiman, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Cursor no longer shows on login screen but appears after logging in - Similar Threads - Cursor longer shows

2. Black screen after login, only cursor appears.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after login, only cursor appears.: I had to refresh my laptop and after I login in I get a black screen with only the cursor appearing. It seems to stay black for possibly 5 minutes.I did CTRL+ALT+DELETE and only the task manager appeared.I also did Windows+CTRL+SHIFT+B and got a beep sound when I did I also...
  3. Black screen after login, only cursor appears.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after login, only cursor appears.: I had to refresh my laptop and after I login in I get a black screen with only the cursor appearing. It seems to stay black for possibly 5 minutes.I did CTRL+ALT+DELETE and only the task manager appeared.I also did Windows+CTRL+SHIFT+B and got a beep sound when I did I also...
  4. Black screen after login, only cursor appears.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black screen with cursor after log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with cursor after log in: Hey, i have a problem, so i installed win11 a few weeks ago. So I can't revert to win 10, but heres the problem, after a few weeks of using win 11, i keep getting black screen with cursor in it. I already tried the regedit and change the shell and it was not working....
  6. Black screen with cursor after log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with cursor after log in: Hey, i have a problem, so i installed win11 a few weeks ago. So I can't revert to win 10, but heres the problem, after a few weeks of using win 11, i keep getting black screen with cursor in it. I already tried the regedit and change the shell and it was not working....
  7. Blank Screen with Cursor after Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Screen with Cursor after Login: I just installed the most recent cumulative update for Microsoft Windows 10 on my laptop late last week. Since that time, whenever I login it dumps me onto a blank screen with no desktop icons or taskbar, but there is a cursor, and I can run chrome and probably other apps...
  8. Windows 10 After logging in, a black screen appears with a cursor.

Windows 10 After logging in, a black screen appears with a cursor.: I have tried everything that appears on the web and nothing has worked. Alt delete control does not work. I read somewhere that uninstalling the screen driver would help and that it would automatically install the best option for my computer, but I didn't do it and now I...
  9. Black screen with cursor after login?

Black screen with cursor after login?: So, I purchased a (nearly new) laptop from someone recently, and started it up to find that the taskbar didn't want to respond to my mouse. A website suggested I use the task manager to End Task the Windows Explorer and, like a Fool, I did. Now, the screen's black (though I...
  10. Blank screen with cursor after log in

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank screen with cursor after log in: Hi, first of all I am not tech savvy and I really need help. I am using an ASUS X553S and windows 10. 2 days ago my laptop automatically updated early in the morning when I woke up I can only see a blue screen saying "making sure your apps are ready to go. Do not turn off...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the cursor on my dell desktop computer no longer shows on the screen