Windows 10: Cursor Not Accurate on Second / Third Display

Discus and support Cursor Not Accurate on Second / Third Display in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just got a new Laptop from work and our helpdesk can't seem to resolve the issue. I have two external DVI connected monitors to my Dell D6000 USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/powrrstroked, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Cursor Not Accurate on Second / Third Display

I just got a new Laptop from work and our helpdesk can't seem to resolve the issue. I have two external DVI connected monitors to my Dell D6000 USB Dock. I use the laptop display as well in the middle right below the other two monitors. When my pointer is on the laptop display it is completely accurate but on the external monitors the actual click is not at the tip of the pointer and more in the lower left. This occurs with both my logitech wireless usb mouse and a Bluetooth mouse I have tried. I have also set the scaling on all of the displays the 100% (the laptop display previously was 150 and the externals were 100%. The resolution is the same across all 3 monitors as well (1920x1080).

submitted by /u/powrrstroked
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/powrrstroked, Nov 8, 2019
  2. deeneecy Win User

cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Galirn Win User
    Mouse Cursor on second screen changes randomly

• Did the issue only occur when you updated your graphics card?
      • Appears to have only begun with the new graphics card. It's an AMD RX480 card. I uninstalled all Nvidia drivers prior to installing the new AMD drivers. It doesn't occur on the first monitor, only second. Which would indicate either something in the
        translation between monitors or something along those lines.
    • Are your drivers up to date?
      • From my understanding they all are, I try to keep everything up to date.
    • Have you checked if the problem is the mouse itself?
      • I do not currently have a second mouse, but the fact that it's only when it tracks to the second screen. On first screen everything is good. The normal cursor displays, but when I track to the second screen that's when the weirdness happens.
    • Are you using a wired mouse
      • Yes

Galirn, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Cursor Not Accurate on Second / Third Display

Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Cursor Not Accurate on Second / Third Display

1. Cursor Not Accurate on Second / Third Display - Similar Threads - Cursor Accurate Second

2. Can't Cursor Over To Second Display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Cursor Over To Second Display: I have two displays. You know how, in "Settings", under the "Display" tab, there is a screen that shows the two displays we'll call them "The Monitor" and "The Laptop", arranged in a way so that, if they're right next to each other on the screen, that enables you to cursor...
  3. mirroring a second (third) display as my first, even though resolutions are different

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    mirroring a second (third) display as my first, even though resolutions are different: I have 2 screens which are the same, and continue one another (move your mouse to the right of one, you get to the other one) I also have a third monitor, which is actually a TV screen. I only open it when I watch stuff from netflix, and it's connected with HDMI to my PC...
  4. Windows 10 third display

Windows 10 third display: Hi, I have a desktop pc with a GPU that outputs two DVI ports, one HDMI and one DisplayPort. I currently have two displays connected, one using an HDMI to DisplayPort cable going into an HDMI hub which also has an input connection from my laptop, the hub then outputs a signal...
  5. Extend Display to second and third monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extend Display to second and third monitors: Hi, I have always been able to extend my display but now it seems I cannot. Have tried all the usual, swapping a new screen, trying to connect with new cable, using a different location none of which works. Other people can plug into my screens and extend their displays but...
  6. proportionally accurate display confused

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    proportionally accurate display confused: I have just installed Windows 7 Home Premium on my computer. However, I'm having trouble finding drivers for it's internal graphics card, an Intel915G/915GV/910GL. For most things I don't really care, but for photography I must have a proportionally accurate image. There are...
  7. How to display third monitor. .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to display third monitor. .: All three monitors work, but can only display two at a time. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-display-third-monitor/ceb3c6a6-4657-4cfc-b05e-2a135c031549
  8. Accurate positioning of second screen relative to the first.

Accurate positioning of second screen relative to the first.: I need to position a second monitor accurately relative to the first. Specifically I need to arrange the first display in landscape more, the second display in portrait mode, and the with both displays having the first (ie. bottom) row of pixels (ie. row 1) being the same...
  9. cursor display

cursor display: How, or where do I go, to set the thickness of my cursor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-display/f37b937c-6f07-4614-9b13-46c4726fec61
  10. *Acrobat Reader DC* {Icon Display Not Accurate.}

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    *Acrobat Reader DC* {Icon Display Not Accurate.}: So this has been doing this since one of the original updates.Instead of the icon logo in the start menu/task bar being red and black and the symbol for Acrobat DC app, it chooses to display instead an icon for that of an image your viewing. It's nuts when you multitasking...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cursor wont go to other screen

2. mouse pointer not accurate on extended screen

3. cursor not accurate