Windows 10: Cursor not clicking on taskbar

Discus and support Cursor not clicking on taskbar in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; here is the issue at hand Ok i’ve been having this issue for 2 days and i don’t want to work around it. So when I boot up my laptop pavillion 17 i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cursedcursor, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Cursor not clicking on taskbar

here is the issue at hand Ok i’ve been having this issue for 2 days and i don’t want to work around it. So when I boot up my laptop pavillion 17 i believe, i can put in my password on the lock screen. the issue occurs when i’m at my home screen. i can click icons on the home screen, but when i try to click something on the task bar the bar on the bottom nothing responds. then, when i open with the arrows and enter i click in the window, its like i clicked out of the window and i cant do anything in the program. its difficult and complicated but i really need a fix.

:)

cursedcursor, Jan 25, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Taskbar above windowed games - Windows 10

Hello,

I realize your concern, please an answer few query to assist you further.

1. Is this issue specific to a particular game or for all games?

For your information, usually the taskbar appears when you move the cursor. If it is appearing continuously, then it might be conflict with the software. Restarting the Computer might fix the issue.

I suggest you to double mouse click on the game window when the Taskbar appears and check if it works.

Also, suggest you to select the Lock the taskbar option from the taskbar from the below steps:

1. Right click on taskbar.
    2. From the list of option, click on Lock the taskbar option.
    3. Restart the computer.

Do let us know the update.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Cursor not clicking on taskbar

how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Cursor not clicking on taskbar

1. Cursor not clicking on taskbar - Similar Threads - Cursor clicking taskbar

2. Cursor and Taskbar Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor and Taskbar Problem: Sometimes when I restart or shut down my computer the mouse cursor doesn't click on the taskbar nor any opened apps like Google Chrome but it does open the desktop files but the apps don't work....
  3. Cursor and Taskbar Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor and Taskbar Problem: Sometimes when I restart or shut down my computer the mouse cursor doesn't click on the taskbar nor any opened apps like Google Chrome but it does open the desktop files but the apps don't work....
  4. Cursor taskbar glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor taskbar glitch: My cursor stops moving whenever I open context menu of an app on taskbar, and it resumes movement precisely when the animation finishes, sort of teleporting to where I was initially dragging it to. If I right click and move cursor higher, it lags and disappears behind the...
  5. Cursor taskbar glitch

Cursor taskbar glitch: My cursor stops moving whenever I open context menu of an app on taskbar, and it resumes movement precisely when the animation finishes, sort of teleporting to where I was initially dragging it to. If I right click and move cursor higher, it lags and disappears behind the...
  6. Cursor taskbar glitch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Taskbar not clicking

Taskbar not clicking: So, one day at school I tried to check my notification, and it would not open.I tried battery /sound/ clock /WIFI /language and windows ink button!they won't click!I tried a trouble shoot scan and put a code somethong that went lin scf /scannow and it said there are no...
  8. Taskbar not clicking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not clicking: So, one day at school I tried to check my notification, and it would not open.I tried battery /sound/ clock /WIFI /language and windows ink button!they won't click!I tried a trouble shoot scan and put a code somethong that went lin scf /scannow and it said there are no...
  9. Cursor clicking by itself!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor clicking by itself!: I noticed this behavior yesterday but i wasnt sure at first. Today i verified that my pc Cursor, is right-clicking, selectingpressed left mouse button by itself ornfaile to respond at first click. Tried many things like updating drivers, clean the mouse, replace the mouse,...
  10. Cursor jumps and clicks

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor jumps and clicks: I have seen a lot of posts on this problem and it has been around for a long time. I have been a Windows user since 3.0 and used CPM and DOS before that. Never had this problem until middle of last year. My mouse cursor will suddenly jump to upper left corner and click. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. curser not working on taskbar