Windows 10: cursor not moving when key is pressed

Discus and support cursor not moving when key is pressed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a windows 10 pro, and a synaptics touchpad V1.3 on smb port... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by yuryleisypena, Apr 26, 2020.

1. cursor not moving when key is pressed

I have a windows 10 pro, and a synaptics touchpad V1.3 on smb port

:)

yuryleisypena, Apr 26, 2020
  2. duhasian Win User

I can't move cursor while pressing a key

I recently upgraded Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.0. I have tried reinstalling Synaptics, removing and uninstalling Synaptics, disabling palmcheck, but it wouldn't work. It's annoying when you are playing a game that requires moving while pressing keys on your keyboard. I also have Synaptics 7.5 (19.0.10). The only way I can move my mouse while pressing any key is pressing (any key) + shift. Any ideas or suggestions would be highly appreciated.

duhasian, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Time Lady Win User
    Cursor moves when pressing direction keys

Try turning scroll lock to ‘On’.

Press the Windows key on your keyboard & in the box that appears, type Ease of Access mouse settings and press enter.

In the Mouse Keys section, toggle the switch under ‘Use numeric pad to move mouse around the screen’ to ‘Off’.

Press Alt+F4 to exit this menu.

Or:

Press Windows Key + R to open the Run box & type ms-settings: and press enter.

In your Settings window, the text cursor is already in the search box. Type "mouse keys." Press the down arrow on your keyboard to select the first suggestion, ‘Control the mouse pointer with the keyboard’.

Click enter & The Ease of Use settings for your mouse is opened, then to turn off Mouse Keys to use the numeric keypad to move the mouse pointer. Press Space to toggle the button to the off.

Time Lady, Apr 26, 2020
  4. cursor not moving when key is pressed

Cursor moves when pressing direction keys

I am working on a Lenovo ideapad 330, with the latest windows 10 (1903). When I press the regular direction keys on my keyboard, my cursor moves in the direction I am pressing. I would like my cursor not to move when I press the direction keys. How can
    I stop this behavior?

Thank you,

Yehuda

yehudarimon, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

cursor not moving when key is pressed

1. cursor not moving when key is pressed - Similar Threads - cursor moving key

2. Why won't my cursor move while I press a key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my cursor move while I press a key?: I have a HP Pavilion x360 and I am trying to play some games that require me to press keys while moving/clicking the touch pad but my cursor won't move when I press a key. I have gone into settings and control panel trying to fix this myself from research but I can't find the...
  3. Why won't my cursor move while I press a key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't my cursor move while I press a key?: I have a HP Pavilion x360 and I am trying to play some games that require me to press keys while moving/clicking the touch pad but my cursor won't move when I press a key. I have gone into settings and control panel trying to fix this myself from research but I can't find the...
  4. Cursor wont move when I press a key on my keyboard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor wont move when I press a key on my keyboard.: My mouse cursor wont move when I press a key, I noticed this after creating a new Profile on my Laptop and tried to play a game but couldn't move and use my mouse at the same time...
  5. CURSOR AND VIDEO LAG WHEN MOVING CURSOR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CURSOR AND VIDEO LAG WHEN MOVING CURSOR: lz help when i was moving my cursor the with touchpad or a additional mouse .the cursor lag for couple of seconds or when i was playing a video in my system or in youtube. the cursor is lag and a video is also lag for second plz help processor;AMD E2 -6110 APU with AMD...
  6. Cursor freezes, not works without pressing a key. Cursor moving automatically at the end of...

Cursor freezes, not works without pressing a key. Cursor moving automatically at the end of...: My dell inspiron 15 cursor freezes randomly and without pressing a key it doesn't move. When I am writing on wordpad or MS Word, it automatically jumps at the end of the page, I cannot type properly because it randomly moves. My keyboard is working fine. When my laptop is...
  7. Cursor moves when it shouldn't

Cursor moves when it shouldn't: On my laptop with Windows 10, the cursor sometimes moves to the location of the mouse pointer. It behaves like I'm accidently hitting a hot key to cause the move. I've researched Windows 10 hotkeys, but can't find one that makes this move. The problem does not happen on my...
  8. the mouse on my screen moves when I press arrow keys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the mouse on my screen moves when I press arrow keys: the mouse on my screen moves when I press arrow keys, yet the mouse control with the key pad is turned off. this is very inconvenient and I don't like it. how to fix it? again, the function to control the mouse with keys is turned OFF. this is awful. how do I fix it?...
  9. mouse not moving when key pressed

mouse not moving when key pressed: my mouse doesn't move when a key is pressed. I noticed that when I started playing osu! I have an HP Envy computer with a Synaptics SMBus ClickPad trackpad. I unchecked "hide pointer while typing" but the problem continues. Is there any fix? If so, what's the fix?...
  10. I can't move cursor while pressing a key

I can't move cursor while pressing a key: I recently upgraded Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.0. I have tried reinstalling Synaptics, removing and uninstalling Synaptics, disabling palmcheck, but it wouldn't work. It's annoying when you are playing a game that requires moving while pressing keys on your keyboard. I also...