Windows 10: Cursor Not Working In Chrome

Discus and support Cursor Not Working In Chrome in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I am not sure if this is a Windows question or a Surface question. I am having a problem with my cursor when any internet browser is open. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Emily J., Jul 30, 2020.

1. Emily J. Win User

Cursor Not Working In Chrome

Hello,

I am not sure if this is a Windows question or a Surface question.

I am having a problem with my cursor when any internet browser is open. I will be working in a browser and then all of the sudden my cursor will not respond at the top of the screen and the bottom of the screen. I can't click on anything on the taskbar or at the top of the browser's tool bar. However, when I cursor over items in those areas they are still highlighted as if I can click them. I can also work just fine on the actual tab and everything clicks okay. I have had this problem in Chrome and in Edge. Also, the touchscreen on my Surface Book still works fine when this happens. Either restarting the laptop or using the task manager seems to help.

I would really appreciate any help. Thank you.

Emily

:)

Emily J., Jul 30, 2020

2. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jul 30, 2020
  3. deeneecy Win User
    cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Hotkeys not working properly while chrome is running.

Hi
    RishabhPatel9

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Are you using a USB keyboard or Wireless keyboard?
    2. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Install Package and Driver.

I would suggest you to go through the article from the manufacturer which talks about
    The hot keys on Notebook are not functioning properly’.Follow
    the step mentioned for Mute/adjust volume.

Method 2: Disable the extensions.

1. Launch Google Chrome and go to settings.
    2. Select Tools> go to Extensions.
    3. Click the ‘Keyboard Shortcuts’ link at the bottom of the page.
    4. Search for Google Play Music section.
    5. Change the option from ‘In chrome’ to ‘Global’ and vice versa.

Method 3: Enable Google Chrome.

1. Press ‘Shift+Ctrl+Esc” at the same time on your keyboard, this will open the task manager.
    2. Go to startup Tab, check for Google chrome.
    3. If it is disabled, select the google chrome option and click on
      Enable.

If none of the methods worked, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Google chrome, or Try connecting a different keyboard and check if it works.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Cursor Not Working In Chrome - Similar Threads - Cursor Working Chrome

2. cursor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cursor not working: HiThere mouse has a hand in the background whenever I point the cursor it shows up I have tried uninstall twice, changed the all the pointers, unplugged from USband updated drives and window but it remain stubborn Thanks...
  3. cursor not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cursor not working: HiThere mouse has a hand in the background whenever I point the cursor it shows up I have tried uninstall twice, changed the all the pointers, unplugged from USband updated drives and window but it remain stubborn Thanks...
  4. cursor not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. cursor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cursor not working: for the past 3 days my cursor has been glitching, I move it it takes awhile than it moves, sometimes the cursor doesn't even appear, I cant move the cursor using my zowie mouse but I can move my cursor using the trackpad so I'm confused on that part, I tried to update drivers...
  6. cursor not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cursor not working: for the past 3 days my cursor has been glitching, I move it it takes awhile than it moves, sometimes the cursor doesn't even appear, I cant move the cursor using my zowie mouse but I can move my cursor using the trackpad so I'm confused on that part, I tried to update drivers...
  7. cursor not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Cursor Not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor Not working: My cursor disappeared when I went on my pc and I went to check device manager but the mouse and something wasn't there. Im very confused. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-not-working/0fbd259a-e846-4191-b584-66b748f81bb2
  9. chrome will not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    chrome will not work: Chrome has stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-will-not-work/e85cde9c-0804-4acd-bb07-04e7284d946a
  10. Cursor not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor not working: When trying to open an article my cursor does not want to work. Try clicking on it hard but no luck, If I use my finger it does. What do I do to make it work....