Windows 10: Cursor on Surface Pro 4 jumping around

Discus and support Cursor on Surface Pro 4 jumping around in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So i've had my surface pro 4 for about 2 years now, and have always experienced a problem with the cursor jumping around since day one. I know a lot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Eric J Taylor, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Cursor on Surface Pro 4 jumping around

So i've had my surface pro 4 for about 2 years now, and have always experienced a problem with the cursor jumping around since day one.

I know a lot of people in the past have posted about this same issue, however I haven't found a solution that works for me.

I've tried to disable my touchscreen, but it works for a few hours then goes right back to jumping around. This also defeats the purpose of having a touchscreen and not being able to use it...

:)

Eric J Taylor, Mar 14, 2019
  2. dacooks Win User

Surface Pro 4 - Mouse Jumps

While I'm waiting for my new NON-SURFACE PRO to come in, I saw a post on Reddit:

SP4 - Jumping cursor and vanishing windows : Surface

So, I disconnected my type cover when attached to my dock, and the mouse jumping stopped immediately. It was constant. For how long? I don't know. I'll see.

FYI, I was only having the jumping when Dock-connected still, unlike Ryan.

Microsoft Supports suggestions of hard resets, reinstallations, etc. are infuriating. I've done all of those multiple times.

dacooks, Mar 14, 2019
  3. BoSam& Win User
    Cursor Jumping around after an update

After an update on my Surface Pro 4 Windows 10 device my cursor is jumping around. Has anyone experienced this and got a fix?

BoSam&, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Cursor on Surface Pro 4 jumping around

Surface Pro 4 - Crashes / Freezes

Hi Edward,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

The main causes observed so far are driver issues, so I suggest you to install and update all the drivers and see if it helps.

Download drivers and firmware for Surface

I would also suggest you to install all Windows update and check.

Follow the steps:

1. On the search bar type “Settings”.

2. Click on “Update and Security”.

3. Click on “Check for Updates”.

4. Read and accept the license terms, and then tap or click Finish if the update requires it.

Reference:

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...ce-pro-4?category=performance-and-maintenance

Hope this information helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Suvarna Govinda, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Cursor on Surface Pro 4 jumping around

1. Cursor on Surface Pro 4 jumping around - Similar Threads - Cursor Surface Pro

2. Cursor jumping around in excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor jumping around in excel: Whenever I am in an excel workbook my cursor jumps around randomly for no apparent reason. This only occurs when I am in an excel workbook so I do not think it is an issue with my mouse / trackpad itself. It occurs regardless of if I am using my track pad or a mouse.I have...
  3. Cursor jumping around in excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor jumping around in excel: Whenever I am in an excel workbook my cursor jumps around randomly for no apparent reason. This only occurs when I am in an excel workbook so I do not think it is an issue with my mouse / trackpad itself. It occurs regardless of if I am using my track pad or a mouse.I have...
  4. Cursor Jumps Around on its Own.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor Jumps Around on its Own.: While I'm typing, the cursor will jump to another place in the compose screen, all by itself. Yes, while I am typing, the cursor will jump somewhere else, so you wind up typing somewhere else. scroll bar, scrolls its self-most times. Sometimes, while typing, a particular...
  5. Mouse cursors jumping around

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursors jumping around: Hi,I tried everything i found on the internet and nothing seems to help. I had this problem before but disabling touch screen fixed it however it doesnt help this time. I got problem that my cursor jumps to the same spot on the screen. I just can't do anything, in work im...
  6. Mouse cursors jumping around

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursors jumping around: Hi,I tried everything i found on the internet and nothing seems to help. I had this problem before but disabling touch screen fixed it however it doesnt help this time. I got problem that my cursor jumps to the same spot on the screen. I just can't do anything, in work im...
  7. Mouse cursors jumping around

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Mouse cursor jumps around the screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse cursor jumps around the screen.: This mouse error started on January 4th, I bought this HP laptop and first used it on December 17th, 2019. There were no cursor problems at all between December 17th and January 3rd, so, I am fairly certain that this problem was the result of using the internet and...
  9. Cursor jumps around randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor jumps around randomly: Please can someone help. I have a Dell Laptop with a Touchpad. Since a recent Windows 10 Update, I have experienced the cursor randomly jumping around the screen opening up documents randomly and it is driving me mad! I have tried going into Mouse Additional Settings to the...
  10. Cursor Jumping around after an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cursor Jumping around after an update: After an update on my Surface Pro 4 Windows 10 device my cursor is jumping around. Has anyone experienced this and got a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-jumping-around-after-an-update/0e3a0a11-8583-40e8-9918-a8ce6cd96fc2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro 4 keyboard jumping around

2. surface pro 4 cursor jumps

3. my microsoft surface jumps around in emails

4. surface pro cursor jumps,
  5. cursor wandering surface pro4,
  6. my cursor is jumping around as i type windows 10 surface,
  7. surface pro 7 jumpy cursor,
  8. surface pro 3 mouse jumps,
  9. mouse cursor jumping around after windows update,
  10. surface pro 4 cursor,
  11. cursor jumping on surface pro 4,