Windows 10: Cursor/pointer slowly moving across screen intermittently

Discus and support Cursor/pointer slowly moving across screen intermittently in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; At least twice a day the cursos on my screen starts slowly moving across and varying speed it can be a slow speed all the way or sometimes fast and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Teresa Roy Student, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Cursor/pointer slowly moving across screen intermittently

At least twice a day the cursos on my screen starts slowly moving across and varying speed it can be a slow speed all the way or sometimes fast and slow. It is NOT anything to do with a mouse as I do not use one and all the google answers to my question relate it back to a mouse.The only way to stop it is to turn my laptop on and off again which is quite irritating but eventually it starts moving by itself again.I have played around with some settings but so far nothing has worked!

:)

Teresa Roy Student, Sep 21, 2022
  2. wittier Win User

Cursor / Mouse Pointer disappears from screen, doesn't reappear

Cursor / Mouse Pointer disappears from screen, doesn't reappear

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
    HP Envy x360

Frequently the cursor arrow / mouse pointer disappears from the screen. I sometimes can move the pointer up to the top of the screen using the touchpad and sometimes it will return to being viewable. It's as if the pointer/cursor is sometimes hidden when it's positioned in the body of the screen but reappears when it's up in the header. Moving my finger around the touchpad doesn't recover the pointer until I move to the top of the touchpad. I can see that the app is reacting as if the cursor is over items on the screen (they flicker for example) but the arrow does not appear.

The app I use most is Chrome. I don't think it's an app issue but will try to monitor whether it happens in other apps as well.

More effective in recovering the pointer is touching the touch screen and then the touchpad and the mouse pointer then reappears.

I've tried resizing and changing the color of the mouse pointer in Windows Settings, but this didn't change the issue.

How can I make the cursor / mouse pointer arrow disappear less often and, if it disappears, make it come back by just touching the touchpad?

wittier, Sep 21, 2022
  3. PalomaK Win User
    Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves

Hello, I updated my computer HP SPECTRE to Windows 11. With the latest update (within the last month), if the computer goes to sleep, when I log back in, if I move the mouse the screen will go black, then as I move the mouse again will show normal, and it's an endless cycle of intermittent black screen until I restart it, then the issue goes away.

I tried this solution but unfortunately it didn't work

Redirecting

Can anyone please help?

PalomaK, Sep 21, 2022
  4. PACALA_BA Win User

Cursor/pointer slowly moving across screen intermittently

?...Keyboard , how to move SLOWLY cursor controller

Keyboard-controller :

Hi, I want to move cursor controller more slowly....

Browse your text with the cursor controller
    The cursor controller is the circle near the bottom of your screen.

1. MOVE FAST

Press and hold the cursor controller and then flick it in the direction you want to go to move from character to character or line by line.

2. MOVE SLOWLY

Or scroll through the text more ´+++slowly+++ by pressing it and then dragging your finger in the direction you’d like the cursor to move.

Cursor/pointer slowly moving across screen intermittently [​IMG]

I CAN NOT REPRODUCE MORE SLOWLY, it does not work on me....

What is the exact diference between 1 and 2...?

PACALA_BA, Sep 21, 2022
Thema:

Cursor/pointer slowly moving across screen intermittently

1. Cursor/pointer slowly moving across screen intermittently - Similar Threads - Cursor pointer slowly

2. Mouse pointer moves on its own slowly across the screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer moves on its own slowly across the screen.: Mouse pointer moves on its own slowly across the screen. Windows 10 laptop. Why is this happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-moves-on-its-own-slowly-across-the/90abd622-4408-4fef-8037-e8a0ae6492ba
  3. Mouse pointer moves on its own slowly across the screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer moves on its own slowly across the screen.: Mouse pointer moves on its own slowly across the screen. Windows 10 laptop. Why is this happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-moves-on-its-own-slowly-across-the/90abd622-4408-4fef-8037-e8a0ae6492ba
  4. Mouse pointer moves on its own slowly across the screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Cursor/pointer slowly moving across screen intermittently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor/pointer slowly moving across screen intermittently: At least twice a day the cursos on my screen starts slowly moving across and varying speed it can be a slow speed all the way or sometimes fast and slow. It is NOT anything to do with a mouse as I do not use one and all the google answers to my question relate it back to a...
  6. Cursor/pointer slowly moving across screen intermittently

Cursor/pointer slowly moving across screen intermittently: At least twice a day the cursos on my screen starts slowly moving across and varying speed it can be a slow speed all the way or sometimes fast and slow. It is NOT anything to do with a mouse as I do not use one and all the google answers to my question relate it back to a...
  7. Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent Black Screen when Cursor Moves: Hello, I updated my computer HP SPECTRE to Windows 11. With the latest update within the last month, if the computer goes to sleep, when I log back in, if I move the mouse the screen will go black, then as I move the mouse again will show normal, and it's an endless cycle of...
  8. Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen: Hi!A well known issue, with a lot of advice to be found, but nevertheless I can't fix it.The mouse cursor starts moving rapidly, mostly horizontally, back and forth. Sometimes the user it's not me can use the laptop for an hour or two without any problem, sometimes it starts...
  9. Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen: Hi!A well known issue, with a lot of advice to be found, but nevertheless I can't fix it.The mouse cursor starts moving rapidly, mostly horizontally, back and forth. Sometimes the user it's not me can use the laptop for an hour or two without any problem, sometimes it starts...
  10. Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen