Windows 10: Cursor/Pointer using Touchpad

Discus and support Cursor/Pointer using Touchpad in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Surface 3 and cursor will not stop moving around eg. while typing this or when I'm typing an email almost impossible to go back and make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RichardLongworth2, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Cursor/Pointer using Touchpad

I have a Surface 3 and cursor will not stop moving around eg. while typing this or when I'm typing an email almost impossible to go back and make corrections.

:)

RichardLongworth2, Jan 17, 2019
  2. wittier Win User

Cursor / Mouse Pointer disappears from screen, doesn't reappear

Cursor / Mouse Pointer disappears from screen, doesn't reappear

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
    HP Envy x360

Frequently the cursor arrow / mouse pointer disappears from the screen. I sometimes can move the pointer up to the top of the screen using the touchpad and sometimes it will return to being viewable. It's as if the pointer/cursor is sometimes hidden when it's positioned in the body of the screen but reappears when it's up in the header. Moving my finger around the touchpad doesn't recover the pointer until I move to the top of the touchpad. I can see that the app is reacting as if the cursor is over items on the screen (they flicker for example) but the arrow does not appear.

The app I use most is Chrome. I don't think it's an app issue but will try to monitor whether it happens in other apps as well.

More effective in recovering the pointer is touching the touch screen and then the touchpad and the mouse pointer then reappears.

I've tried resizing and changing the color of the mouse pointer in Windows Settings, but this didn't change the issue.

How can I make the cursor / mouse pointer arrow disappear less often and, if it disappears, make it come back by just touching the touchpad?

wittier, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Pointer slides out

Use finger on touchpad, and move pointer to where I want,
    and
    leave finger from touchpad,

pointer moves and slides out
    Any suggestions?

electron100, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Cursor/Pointer using Touchpad

Cursor/Pointer

Hi Michiko,

To isolate your concern regarding your missing mouse pointer, kindly provide the information needed below:

• Have you tried to restart your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug in your mouse to a different port?
    • Is the issue still occur using a different mouse?
    You can also refer to this
    link
    about a mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Robelene Win, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Cursor/Pointer using Touchpad

1. Cursor/Pointer using Touchpad - Similar Threads - Cursor Pointer using

2. Touchpad cursor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad cursor not working: My touchpad not working and cursor has disappeared. I’ve restarted it and updated the drivers but it’s still not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-cursor-not-working/0d9d851c-4d50-4814-b05f-2cece107e416
  3. Touchpad cursor not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touchpad cursor not working: My touchpad not working and cursor has disappeared. I’ve restarted it and updated the drivers but it’s still not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-cursor-not-working/0d9d851c-4d50-4814-b05f-2cece107e416
  4. Touchpad Cursor Frozen

Touchpad Cursor Frozen: I Recently Updated Windows from Microsoft's media tool to try and fix a cursor problem that made it go crazy and move/click everywhere in my screen. I did more research and had fixed the problem by a simple "sfc /scannow" from cmd. After a few days everything was normal and...
  5. CURSOR/ TOUCHPAD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CURSOR/ TOUCHPAD: I cannot locate my cursor and it seems my touch pad is not functional https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-touchpad/efb358d4-68bd-4029-b035-dd31c097f31a
  6. Mouse Pointer and Pen Cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Pointer and Pen Cursor: Hi How to get mouse pointer or pen cursor appear in my screenshots and video recordings on my Surface Pro 4, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-and-pen-cursor/722f4637-5bbf-47f5-bf45-332ae69ecdfd
  7. touchpad and pointer

touchpad and pointer: How can I get touchpad and pointer to work? Everything else appears ok, but touchpad and pointer are not functioning. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-and-pointer/ad9a51b2-28fe-47ee-8981-4f8a69cfd88c
  8. Asus laptop touchpad cursor / mouse pointer jumps - SOLUTION!

Asus laptop touchpad cursor / mouse pointer jumps - SOLUTION!: There are many, many threads about this issue, all of which give the wrong answers. The problem is that on Asus x401u and probably many other similar makes and models, the touchpad works properly when the laptop is running on battery power alone, but jumps wildly when plugged...
  9. touchpad pointer is frozen

touchpad pointer is frozen: touchpad pointer is frozen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-pointer-is-frozen/1066a466-3346-4680-864d-f750a0602cce
  10. cursor/pointer

cursor/pointer: I just got my laptop today, and it was working fine but I left it to charge, then when I came to open it my pointer was gone. It's a windows 10 HP Laptop. My pointer only works when I plug in a mouse of my own. It's kind of a lot of work to be plugging the mouse in every time...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. touch pad pointer disappears from screen