Windows 10: Cursor Problems since 1703. No rollback, No fixable updates, problem persists

Discus and support Cursor Problems since 1703. No rollback, No fixable updates, problem persists in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. Since the Fall Creator's update !703, the cursor has been acting very bad. First problems I noticed back in 1703 was that the cursor would hang... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BrandonThomason1, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Cursor Problems since 1703. No rollback, No fixable updates, problem persists

Hello. Since the Fall Creator's update !703, the cursor has been acting very bad. First problems I noticed back in 1703 was that the cursor would hang or dissappear. Back then, rolling back was the only solution. Tried updating, reinstalling drivers, reinstalling computer, Updating drivers, removing drivers, etc etc etc, nothing fixed it.

Now fast forward to 2020 1903 update, problem still perrsists with no fix. Cursor lag is worse, sometimes freezing when rolling over a process or icon or subprocess, or when CPU tends to spike or do something. Also, since last week, when I try to right click and drag, there is a lag or jittering of the I/O, which causes the I/O to register multiple times or not at all during drag. Microsoft tries to help, but eventually gives me a solution that I already tried, telling me that "You should not have any problems after this" or "I highly doubt you will come back"

I have given up contacting microsoft chat support or microsoft help desk, they do not know what they are doing as they are not the devs of the operating system and thus, can't actually find a fix for the problem, as the problem actually lies in the kernel's programming language.

I want to create a fresh install of a version before the Fall Creator's Update. But I do not own any other computers that can get this, nor do I know anyone else who does. I found a website that has a list of isos created for each update, but as of now, all their links are down It redirects to microsoft's download servers

So, what are my options? I can't play games or do high process tasks properly, like google docs, adobe photoshop/paint.net, media players, emulators, etc.

Basically, is there anything I CAN do, or should I buy a new gaming rig, which may cost me another 4000-5000 dollars? Can't really afford that at the moment

My computer is a Windows 10 Pro x64

NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2060 6GB

DDR4 32 GB of RAM

ASUS Prime Z270-A, Intel i7700K Performance Chipset.

DELL old Keyboard

Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse

:)

BrandonThomason1, Feb 8, 2020

2. Cursor Problems

I'm hoping that someone here can help me. I have tried to post to the Blizzard forums, but i get no response from them. When I launch World of Warcraft and come to the End User License Agreement, my cursor sits in the upper left hand corner. I can move my cursor, but it instantly flies back to the corner. I am not able to scroll thru the agreement or click accept. I have a USB mouse. I am on a lap top and the same thing happens with the touchpad with the mouse disconnected and vice versa. I have tried several times to reboot and even reinstalled the drivers and updated them. Nothing seemd to be working. I have never had this problem before. Mouse and cursor work just fine in windows, just not WoW. I have been playing WoW for 4 1/2 years and never a problem. Just with this new patch going live. Can anybody PLEASE help me?

JonnySmooth, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Problems with mouse cursor lockup.

Just an update. Looks like they're going to send a replacement.

After waiting a few days someone on the support forum answered my thread and asked for the ticket number to check if all the troubleshooting steps were mentioned by the support person. Oddly enough they never said anything about my mention of uninstalling the driver being suggested by the forum staff, but not the customer service person.

The next day or two I got an email from another person asking for the M/N, P/N and S/N, as well as shipping info. I as well attached a jpeg of the Newegg invoice with date, even though they only asked for the S/N or that. They never asked for me to send this one back, so it looks like I'll be able to at least use it without the driver while waiting for the new one.

So the good thing is, I get a new mouse. The thing that worries me is they don't want to talk about whether they're checking on driver compatibility with the latest W7 updates, or other possible software conflicts. I had mentioned it as a possibility after recently installing several W7 updates just before it started happening. So I really don't know if a new mouse is going to solve the problem.

Anyways, 3 yrs is a pretty long warranty on something like a mouse, and whether their software expertise is flawed or not, I guess this is the best you can expect for a big peripheral company anymore. I'll definitely not hesitate to let them know if the problem persists with the new mouse though, including on their forum.

Of course I'll also report back here on whether the new mouse fixes the problem. Here's hoping.

I'll just add this. It's been mentioned that a mouse used for gaming can malfunction with a lot of use in the 2.5+ yrs I've had it. Well, consider this. My MX500 I had for 5+ yrs, and when I replaced it, it was still working. I only ever had to open it and clean it to keep the LMB from sticking due to dirt buildup in the shell crevices. Then again, the MX500 has only a 800 DPI sensor, vs the 3600 DPI one in the G400. Perhaps "the light that burns twice as bright burns half as long", as they say in Blade Runner.

OK, so you might be thinking like I was that this is a more sophisticated model with gaming software. True, but the malfunction is a mere cursor disconnect problem, a function ALL mice have. I suppose it's possible that their firmware or gaming software over time can become unstable and affect basic functions like cursor connection, but I've always assumed the gaming software is an added layer that is separate and only used for DPI adjust, macros, profiles, etc.

Frag Maniac, Feb 8, 2020
  4. Cursor Problems since 1703. No rollback, No fixable updates, problem persists

Installation problem regarding Windows 1703 update

Hi Santanu,

There are a number of reasons why you're experiencing this issue. In order to isolate the problem, we need the following information:

• Which build and version of Windows do you currently have?
    • 1703 is the Windows 10 Creators Update. If you're already using this version, which specific 1703 feature update is your Windows trying to install?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Jezhel Uga, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

Cursor Problems since 1703. No rollback, No fixable updates, problem persists

1. Cursor Problems since 1703. No rollback, No fixable updates, problem persists - Similar Threads - Cursor Problems since

2. Wifi problem persists

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi problem persists: Thanks a lot Microsoft for bringing an update yesterday evening, after which the internet has stopped working on my laptop. It has been more than one year that I am facing problems on Wifi connection on Windows 10. Wifi works on my all other devices, except Windows....
  3. sound problems since update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound problems since update: Since the most recent update, I am having problems with sound and microphone. I finally have the microphone working, but now the speaker is not working. I had a very high pitch echo when the mic wasn't not functional. That is gone. I've gone through all of the settings...
  4. Problem with Paint cursor since the latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Paint cursor since the latest update: Since the Windows 10 update, I cannot get a horizontal arrow on small selections. Is there a work around or any chance Microsoft will fix it? I used to be able to make very precise adjustments but now, even though there are handles all around a small selection, only the...
  5. Persistent Update Problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Persistent Update Problem: Hello Everybody. I typed Win+R then typed services.msc; Click Ok. Then double clicked Update Windows. Then selected "Disable" where it says, "Manual". Then clicked apply and save. The instructions said, "This will work for awhile but eventually it will start updating...
  6. Persistent Update Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Persistent Update Problem: Hello Everybody. I typed Win+R then typed services.msc; Click Ok. Then double clicked Update Windows. Then selected "Disable" where it says, "Manual". Then clicked apply and save. The instructions said, "This will work for awhile but eventually it will start updating...
  7. New 1709 rollback to 1703

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New 1709 rollback to 1703: I just got this 1709 & had to many issue with drivers & uninstalled & roiled back to 1703 but it keep reinstalling 1709 again in windows updates. I not want this creators update & not subscribed to Windows Insider Program. How do I stop Windows update from re installing it ....
  8. Have problem running on battery since upgrade to 1703

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Have problem running on battery since upgrade to 1703: Last week, I had a problem with Office 2013 (unlicensed product- 2nd time in 6 weeks). MS tried running repair and eventually had to re-install but also did 'repair' on Win 10. That was all completed around 5pm last Friday and things seemed to be normal. Received...
  9. Win 10 Rollback problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Rollback problem: Running Windows Update I unwittingly did a reinstall of Win 10 and lost all my settings., contacts and almost everything else.When I try to roll back to the earlier version using these instructions http://www.thewindowsclub.com/rollba...reators-update I get a message saying I...
  10. Windows 1703 Update Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 1703 Update Problems: I'll never learn! I either let Microsoft update my computers or I forced an update to 1703 on the others. So...now I have seven computers running W10 1703 and thought everything looked ok...but it ain't. I stumbled into the networking problem when a did a fresh install on one...