Windows 10: Cursor quivers, clicking becomes iffy

Discus and support Cursor quivers, clicking becomes iffy in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; From time to time, My cursor starts to quiver. I can move it with the mouse, but clicking on anything susually has no effect (nor do keyboard function... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Newmaven, May 16, 2017.

1. Newmaven Win User

Cursor quivers, clicking becomes iffy

From time to time, My cursor starts to quiver. I can move it with the mouse, but clicking on anything susually has no effect (nor do keyboard function keys). It seems to happen more when I have a browser running. Eventually it goes away, but eventually isn't soon enough.

:)

Newmaven, May 16, 2017

2. Mouse cursor becomes tiny when clicking middle mouse button

Setup:

• High PPI monitor (4K resolution, 15 inches), scaling set to 250%
    • Windows 10
    • Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 mouse
    • "Windows Black (large)" cursor scheme
    Whenever I click the middle mouse button on my Intellimouse the mouse cursor suddenly becomes tiny. This problem can be temporarily resolved by opening Mouse Properties and changing the Cursor Scheme.

Is there a permanent solution to my problem?

This is mouse cursor at normal size:

Cursor quivers, clicking becomes iffy [​IMG]

And this is the same cursor after I click the middle mouse button:

Cursor quivers, clicking becomes iffy [​IMG]

(The screenshots will naturally be very large as they're taken on a high PPI monitor.)

Arnt Joakim Wrålsen, May 16, 2017
  3. Mouse cursor becomes tiny when clicking middle mouse button

It turned out the problem was with the Lenovo Compact Keyboard driver. I'll take it with Lenovo.

Arnt Joakim Wrålsen, May 16, 2017
Thema:

Cursor quivers, clicking becomes iffy

1. Cursor quivers, clicking becomes iffy - Similar Threads - Cursor quivers clicking

2. Mouse cursor becomes HUGE suddenly!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor becomes HUGE suddenly!: Hello... I had a fresh install of Windows10 a month ago.After the installation I have problems with the cursor, it becomes really big for no reason.I go to the Mouse Settings and there is no change in the settings... after I slide to the right and go back to the left the...
  3. Mouse cursor becomes HUGE suddenly!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor becomes HUGE suddenly!: Hello... I had a fresh install of Windows10 a month ago.After the installation I have problems with the cursor, it becomes really big for no reason.I go to the Mouse Settings and there is no change in the settings... after I slide to the right and go back to the left the...
  4. Mouse cursor becomes HUGE suddenly!

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My bluetooth is being very iffy and not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My bluetooth is being very iffy and not working.: I think this is either a bluetooth or driver issue, but I have a pair of bluetooth earbuds that use to work fine before I upgraded to Windows 11. They still work fine on my phone, but on my laptop, the connection is very unstable, sometimes no output device shows up, and when...
  6. Cursor clicking by itself!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor clicking by itself!: I noticed this behavior yesterday but i wasnt sure at first. Today i verified that my pc Cursor, is right-clicking, selectingpressed left mouse button by itself ornfaile to respond at first click. Tried many things like updating drivers, clean the mouse, replace the mouse,...
  7. Cursor not clicking on taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor not clicking on taskbar: here is the issue at hand Ok i’ve been having this issue for 2 days and i don’t want to work around it. So when I boot up my laptop pavillion 17 i believe, i can put in my password on the lock screen. the issue occurs when i’m at my home screen. i can click icons on the home...
  8. Single click suddenly becoming double click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Single click suddenly becoming double click: I have tried various mouse and uninstall all mouse drivers and various other fixes but the problem still exists. It only started few days ago when I applied some updates. This was a known issue affecting many people a few years ago but was fixed but it appears to have come...
  9. cursor becomes unstable Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cursor becomes unstable Windows 10: Hello I'm having trouble determining how to fix my cursor. At least once a day it becomes unstable, bounces all over the screen. this is an HP laptop with Windows 10 Even if I remove the wireless mouse and the USB dongle that the mouse uses, the problem remains until I...
  10. Cursor jumps and clicks

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor jumps and clicks: I have seen a lot of posts on this problem and it has been around for a long time. I have been a Windows user since 3.0 and used CPM and DOS before that. Never had this problem until middle of last year. My mouse cursor will suddenly jump to upper left corner and click. I...