Windows 10: cursor returns to default

Discus and support cursor returns to default in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi every time after restart or boot the cursor returns to default instead of what I had before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by valentinkozlov1, Jul 13, 2019.

1. cursor returns to default

hi every time after restart or boot the cursor returns to default instead of what I had before

:)

valentinkozlov1, Jul 13, 2019
  2. deeneecy Win User

cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, Jul 13, 2019
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done cursor returns to default :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jul 13, 2019
  4. cursor returns to default

Cursor turning invisible without warning

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists if the cursor is not changed and using the default mouse cursor for both gaming and accessing the computer. If the issue still persists, follow the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices/touchpad.
    • Right click on Mouse driver and click on uninstall.
    • Restart the computer and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

cursor returns to default

1. cursor returns to default - Similar Threads - cursor returns default

2. Return thumbnails after deleting default app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Return thumbnails after deleting default app?: im on windows 10 So I accidentally chose a default app for .cur files and then I set the default app to nothing but the thumbnails for the .cur files don't show up anymore. How do I fix this? it just shows the blank page icon now....
  3. Return thumbnails after deleting default app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Return thumbnails after deleting default app?: im on windows 10 So I accidentally chose a default app for .cur files and then I set the default app to nothing but the thumbnails for the .cur files don't show up anymore. How do I fix this? it just shows the blank page icon now....
  4. Return thumbnails after deleting default app?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to return to default colors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to return to default colors?: My brand-new HP laptop with Windows 10 displays Web pages with white text on a black background and "washed out" pictures. How can I revert to what used to be the default setting: black text on a white background? I know this question has been asked a thousand times, but I...
  6. How to return to default colors?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to return to default colors?: My brand-new HP laptop with Windows 10 displays Web pages with white text on a black background and "washed out" pictures. How can I revert to what used to be the default setting: black text on a white background? I know this question has been asked a thousand times, but I...
  7. How to return to default colors?

8. settings return to default with reboot/startup

settings return to default with reboot/startup: This started on the morning of Oct 21 at 8a central. The most recent Windows updates were installed Sep 30. Upon each reboot/startup, everything on the machine reverts to default setting: time/date format display settings all apps default back to the original app...
  9. Return Desktop Icon size to default

Return Desktop Icon size to default: The desktop icon size suddenly increased by a factor of 4. How do I return them to the default size https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/return-desktop-icon-size-to-default/d620ba2a-4acc-4c1a-ad0c-87c052143f7d
  10. How to return to default user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to return to default user: I bought a new ACER a few months back and after taking it home I just used the default account it was set up with (so this default account had all my files). Today I tried to create a guest account for my partner to use for ITunes, after doing so it now asks for a password on...