Windows 10: Cursor saying busy for no reason.

Discus and support Cursor saying busy for no reason. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello, I have problem with my cursor, it keeps saying busy whenever I open a new tab in edge and sometimes outside of it too. I checked the pointers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by danytb8, Aug 19, 2022.

1. danytb8 Win User

Cursor saying busy for no reason.

hello, I have problem with my cursor, it keeps saying busy whenever I open a new tab in edge and sometimes outside of it too. I checked the pointers and tried to undo the changes I made before this problem started but its not fixing the problem, tried a sfc scan, updates, resetting edge and deleting new extensions plus a bunch of other solutions but none seem to work. Please help!

:)

danytb8, Aug 19, 2022
  2. deeneecy Win User

cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, Aug 19, 2022
  3. Blinking busy cursor in Windows 10

Hello,

I realize that I am responding to LA's issue with a "Blinking busy cursor in Windows 10" that is a very old posting, but, I post this because I think this may be, or will become an issue for some others using Win 10 at any given time.

I am responding to this issue, that I too had, and was trying to resolve since a Microsoft update back 6-8 months ago.

I found a resolution for the "blinking cursor" while trying to fix another completely different Win 10 issue.

I have had an ongoing issue with the older of my PC's, that being, it keeps loosing/dropping it's internet connection every 2-3 minutes.

I have been dealing with this issue off and on (mostly ongoing...) since updating to Win 10 last year.

This issue isn't just irritating like some issues, but
    a really Major issue!

So, whenever I have the time, I come and read what I can in the Microsoft Community for possible fixes.

I try one by one of the suggested steps to others and find that in my one older PC's case, the suggestions/instructions just have
    not resolved the Wifi Internet connection issue, yet.

My other PC, lost all form of Wi-fi with a Microsoft update late last year, and I had to go to using the alternative - Ethernet connection since I no longer have any of the necessaries for Wireless.

This issue, too causes to me to come here and watch to see if someone ever comes up with a solution.

I posted in this Forum, but no one ever offered a recommendation, let alone a solution to that issue.

So, I came across this "Network Adapter" help recommendation just recently, that I personally had not tried yet and, by fluke, after the reboot of my older troubled PC, behold, it fixed the blinking cursor issue unexpectedly.

At this time, I am still not sure what setting was causing this issue on my PC, as the results of the hardware scan via the Win 10 troubleshooter, were very vague and no recognizable particulars were mentioned that I could say....ah hah... to.

But it did, for now, resolve this blinking cursor issue.

I hope, in some way that this helps someone with the same issue or maybe even some other issue that is causing them PC distress.

Sometimes, we, who poke around with our PC's find resolutions in some very strange not necessarily related ways.

But if it does the job, that is a good thing!

The above mentioned issues is my reason for contributing as to what helped me with one ongoing/exasperating Win 10 issue.

Thank you and happy support to those who are in need!

Here is the one Microsoft suggestions as to fixing a network adapter problem, that ended up fixed by blinking cursor issue instead:

Most Helpful Reply

EK

Eeshwar Kumar replied on
    August 2, 2015
    Cursor saying busy for no reason. [​IMG]

• Microsoft

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and also the steps performed to solve the issue.

I wouldsuggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1:

Run the hardware troubleshooter and check the issue status.

Follow the steps:

1. Type “Troubleshooter” in the Search box and hit enter.

2. Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

3. Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.

4. Follow the On Screen instructions.

JEMMMARTIN, Aug 19, 2022
  4. Cursor saying busy for no reason.

Hanging cursor

Hi,

There are several reasons why the cursor doesn't respond. One of which is due to a faulty pointing device. To isolate the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Does the whole system freeze or just the cursor?
    • Are you using the laptop's touchpad or an external pointing device?
    • Were there any changes made to your laptop prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Katrina Men, Aug 19, 2022
Thema:

Cursor saying busy for no reason.

1. Cursor saying busy for no reason. - Similar Threads - Cursor saying busy

2. Cursor saying busy for no reason.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor saying busy for no reason.: hello, I have problem with my cursor, it keeps saying busy whenever I open a new tab in edge and sometimes outside of it too. I checked the pointers and tried to undo the changes I made before this problem started but its not fixing the problem, tried a sfc scan, updates,...
  3. Cursor saying busy for no reason.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor saying busy for no reason.: hello, I have problem with my cursor, it keeps saying busy whenever I open a new tab in edge and sometimes outside of it too. I checked the pointers and tried to undo the changes I made before this problem started but its not fixing the problem, tried a sfc scan, updates,...
  4. Ethernet Busy - No reason for that

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Busy - No reason for that: Win 10 Pro version 2004 (with all updates). For at least 2 days now my ethernet connection is quite busy - send around 2 Mbps, receive around 4 Mbps. Can't find any program doing the work. It continues even after stopping my applications (primarily Chrome, LibreOffice,...
  5. Good All in One PC for small business for a reasonable price?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Good All in One PC for small business for a reasonable price?: Good evening, is there a good All in One PC with software (Windows 10, Outlook, Word) included? For a low price (up to max. 450€, with SSD and 8GB Ram) and still good performance? If so, I'd like to see Link. Thank you very much. Guter All in One PC für gewerblichen...
  6. Windows 10 x64 / Cursor pauses with no obvious reasons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 x64 / Cursor pauses with no obvious reasons: New HP laptop, less that 2 months. Cursor started to stop/pause for a couple seconds than it catches up with the mouse / touch pad movement. Problem appeared ones in a week or so after purchase. Then it seems to became worse. Pauses happen unexpectedly and without any...
  7. Cursor keeps blinking as if it were 'busy'.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor keeps blinking as if it were 'busy'.: Ok so theres a lot of things that affect this. Sometimes when i use any kind of browser, i get a window pop up in the background saying "a script on this page is causing your web browser to run slowly". No matter if i stop it or ignore it it will ask again later and...
  8. Blue busy circle flashing next to cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blue busy circle flashing next to cursor: Blue busy circle flashing next to cursor. I'm in Windows 10. Tried disabling all start-up apps and rebooting - still is flashing... Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-busy-circle-flashing-next-to-cursor/64cf156f-ac7b-41b0-8e79-8f27324cf465
  9. Cursor always busy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor always busy: So my Pc was running slow and i decided to reset it.Once i came back everything was fine i was able to log in but my cursor is constatly busy and i cant click on anything. PLEASE HELP My pc is a prebuilt alienware aurora...
  10. HP Envy dv6 cursor spin busy

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Envy dv6 cursor spin busy: I have a HP Envy DV6, less then a year old with 10 GB RAM, upgraded from 8.1 to 10. Every time it boots up, the pointer turns and spins busy constantly. Is there a known issue as this did NOT happen ever with 8 or 8.1. And if so, is there a workaround/fix? 16906