Windows 10: Cursor scrolls on its own.

Discus and support Cursor scrolls on its own. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Acer with Windows 10. After "dragging" something with the cursor across the screen and after I stop dragging it, the cursor continues on its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by louisgander, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Cursor scrolls on its own.

I have an Acer with Windows 10. After "dragging" something with the cursor across the screen and after I stop dragging it, the cursor continues on its own BEFORE I drop what I am dragging into place. The cursor scrolls up & down or sideways on it's own when I am not moving my finger on the touchpad. I can't find anything under touchpad settings to stop it. I believe it's called "thinkpad" but I'm not sure. It is frustrating beyond words to have it on and not find a simple "turn off" button.
    PLEASE HELP!
    Thank you.

:)

louisgander, Mar 10, 2019

2. TPU review scroll bar

I was wondering if there was any specific reason the buttons to scroll down the list of reviews was stuck in the bottom left-hand corner? Whenever I want to read reviews, I always have to move my cursor and aim it at a small arrow that scrolls the reviews... I'd suggest that instead of making the arrows small and in a corner, it would be better placed to the sides of the review bar.

Something like this (yes, I know it's crappy but it took 5min to make):

Cursor scrolls on its own. tpu.png

anticlutch, Mar 10, 2019
  3. deeneecy Win User
    cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, Mar 10, 2019
  4. jaxos048 Win User

Cursor scrolls on its own.

Navigation pane scrolls down when mouse cursor is positioned on it

1. It happens in the File Explorer and when I click the Microsoft symbol to access programs. When I place my cursor over the list of programs, the list scrolls down.
    2. I first noticed it a couple a weeks ago.
    3. Windows 10 Home 1803
    4. I have not made any recent changes to my PC

jaxos048, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

Cursor scrolls on its own.

1. Cursor scrolls on its own. - Similar Threads - Cursor scrolls own

2. Cursor Jumps Around on its Own.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor Jumps Around on its Own.: While I'm typing, the cursor will jump to another place in the compose screen, all by itself. Yes, while I am typing, the cursor will jump somewhere else, so you wind up typing somewhere else. scroll bar, scrolls its self-most times. Sometimes, while typing, a particular...
  3. Cursor Jumps Around on its Own.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor Jumps Around on its Own.: While I'm typing, the cursor will jump to another place in the compose screen, all by itself. Yes, while I am typing, the cursor will jump somewhere else, so you wind up typing somewhere else. scroll bar, scrolls its self-most times. Sometimes, while typing, a particular...
  4. Mouse cursor working on its own

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor working on its own: Hi,I have windows 10 laptop for quite a long and recently my mouse has started playing up. It starts working on its own at a very high speed selecting every icon on the desktop and start menu. It just becomes impossible even to restart until I attach an external mouse which...
  5. Mouse Cursor Moving on its own

Mouse Cursor Moving on its own: So I installed a ssd in my pc just today. Turned on my pc and now my mouse cursor is moving whenever it feels like it. I tried all the tips online like updating the drivers, turning off show mouse when typing, everything but it keeps moving and it’s extremely frustrating. I...
  6. Cursor Jumps Around on its Own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor Jumps Around on its Own: While I'm typing, the cursor will jump to another place in the compose screen, all by itself. Yes, while I am typing, the cursor will jump somewhere else, so you wind up typing somewhere else. This is happening in Hotmail and Notepad. Very frustrating. Windows 10 has other...
  7. Scrolls on its own

Scrolls on its own: I have had this same problem and a number of others people have mentioned since upgrading to Windows 10. Just to clarify - my issue is with the active window. Scrolling occurs on my windows in several different web browsers, Microsoft Word, Excel -- pretty much everything to...
  8. CURSOR MOVES ON ITS OWN

CURSOR MOVES ON ITS OWN: I am so frustrated. Suddenly my cursor moves around the page on its own! while typing a letter or email, should I stop to check on something relative to my work and start typing again, only to find the cursor is in a totally different area than where I left off!! IT JUST...
  9. Windows scrolls up on its own

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows scrolls up on its own: Hi, guys, I wonder if you can help me out here, it's an annoying bug that's been chewing at me ever since I moved from 7 to 10. Whenever I'm in a folder filled with documents, be it images, videos, word files, etc, windows has the annoying habit of randomly scrolling to the...
  10. Cursor is moving on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor is moving on its own: I installed Windows 10 on my laptop Asus A45vd. And find out that when I use the touchpad, cursor is moving without any interference on my side. Any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-is-moving-on-its-own/638607bd-e29e-47ab-988f-eee61e4ea569

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows scrolls on its own

2. cursor scrolls on its own windows 10

3. scroll on its own

4. cursor scrolling on its own