Windows 10: Cursor scrolls uncontrollably.

Discus and support Cursor scrolls uncontrollably. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is a recent happening. I have no idea how it came about. I start the computer, and as soon as I place the cursor to type (applications, search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CalypsoArt, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Cursor scrolls uncontrollably.

This is a recent happening. I have no idea how it came about. I start the computer, and as soon as I place the cursor to type (applications, search boxes, etc.) it scrolls by itself to whatever boundary the placement has. I looked this up and found this discussion. Uncontrollable scrolling on windows 10 - December 2019 - Forums - CNET
    Other than restore or reset, I've done several of the "fixes" listed. (Latest drivers, etc.) The only thing that worked is logging out, and back in. But this fix is temporary. Restarting the machine brings it back, and I have to Log Out/In again to stop it. This makes no sense. Any ideas how to rectify this short of reinstalling windows?

Machine is a MSI GS75 Stealth 9SF
    Win 10 Home
    16gb RAM
    i7-9750H
    nVidia RTX2070

:)

CalypsoArt, Dec 7, 2019

2. uncontrolled scrolling

how do you stop uncontrolled scrolling

paramus117, Dec 7, 2019
  3. Clash of tablet driver and OS update causes uncontrollable scrolling

I have experienced exactly these symptoms, but on a iMac. I experienced erratic cursor behaviour, uncontrollable scrolling) so I installed the new OSX Mojave, deleted the old tablet driver and loaded the new Wacom driver for Mojave. But no luck, symptoms
    (uncontrollable scrolling to the bottom) persisted. As soon as I deleted the Wacom tablet driver, the problem vanished.

AnthonyWeitz, Dec 7, 2019
  4. Cursor scrolls uncontrollably.

Floating and uncontrolable curser.

Hi,

We'd like to know more about your concern regarding the uncontrollable cursor when playing games. Please answer the following:

• Have you made recent changes to the settings or installed updates prior to this issue?
    • Aside from gaming, is the issue also happening when navigating to other programs?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you tried using a different mouse to check if the same issue will occur?
    We look forward to your response.

Jennifer Cha, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

Cursor scrolls uncontrollably.

1. Cursor scrolls uncontrollably. - Similar Threads - Cursor scrolls uncontrollably

2. uncontrol scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    uncontrol scrolling: I have a laptop and today it is acting weird. Everytime I browse it will sometimes scroll on its own. I check if it is happening in office application and yes the scroll just went down on its own. I observe if there is something installed on my device and I even run some...
  3. uncontrol scrolling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    uncontrol scrolling: I have a laptop and today it is acting weird. Everytime I browse it will sometimes scroll on its own. I check if it is happening in office application and yes the scroll just went down on its own. I observe if there is something installed on my device and I even run some...
  4. uncontrol scrolling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Scrolling Uncontrollably

Scrolling Uncontrollably: My computer seems to scrolling uncontrollably, but not scrolling at the same time. Here are the syptoms: It only scroll uncontrollably on the taskbar and address bar and tabs on search engine and similar program that have button on top like ms word, It doesn't scroll up...
  6. Scrolling uncontrollable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scrolling uncontrollable: Scrolling has gone haywire on my PC. Lists scroll uncontrollably. No button on my mouse has any effect. It does not work on this page. I have Windows 10 but I cannot select that version below because the drop down menus do not work. The menu flickers on but disappears...
  7. Uncontrollable Scrolling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Uncontrollable Scrolling: After the most recent Windows 10 update I now experience odd moments of uncontrollable scrolling. Anywhere in the settings app, if the page can be scrolled down it will scroll down to the bottom even after resizing the window. In the task manager, the Details and Services...
  8. uncontrollable cursor

uncontrollable cursor: Hi all, the problem I am having is my cursor moves all over the screen and is hard to control when a page is loading like ebay or youtube, it is a Lenovo laptop running windows 10, hope someone can help....
  9. Cursor uncontrollable

Cursor uncontrollable: The cursor jumps around interfering with my work and my web viewing. While using the browser, the cursor will change pages, click on ads, make selections through its uncontrollable movement. I am using a brand new laptop with the latest Windows 10. I have tried: 1....
  10. Scrolling is uncontrolable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scrolling is uncontrolable: Hello ! I have a terrible problem , It's been a week since i first saw this problem , whenever I scroll down it goes up a few lines and when I scroll up it goes down a few lines and it is hard th scroll up or down or in games to zoom in or out. If some one can help me I...