Windows 10: Cursor? seems to be scrolling up.

Discus and support Cursor? seems to be scrolling up. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The cursor seems to be automatically scrolling up in Windows Settings, Start menu, and the wifi menu when opened through the task bar. I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AndrewLee_32222, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Cursor? seems to be scrolling up.

The cursor seems to be automatically scrolling up in Windows Settings, Start menu, and the wifi menu when opened through the task bar. I've tried multiple things like unplugging my mouse and keyboard, restarting my PC, and even created another user. It also does not register clicks sometimes in the Windows Settings. Also, I have not had any issues with other apps such as Chrome or Discord.

:)

AndrewLee_32222, Aug 15, 2020
  2. pedsto Win User

scrolling bad

New event. When placing cursor over a list or row of columns, even the volume bar scrolling is automatic and proceeds to one end of the series and stops. The scrolling also stops when I move the cursor away from the list but am unable to select anything in the list. Not all the possible lists are effected. Other sites have recommended mouse/kb fixes. Have tried all those but the phenomena persists. Have not had any known updates recently and don't have a restore point to try. Any other suggestions? W10Pro 1903

pedsto, Aug 15, 2020
  3. TPU review scroll bar

I was wondering if there was any specific reason the buttons to scroll down the list of reviews was stuck in the bottom left-hand corner? Whenever I want to read reviews, I always have to move my cursor and aim it at a small arrow that scrolls the reviews... I'd suggest that instead of making the arrows small and in a corner, it would be better placed to the sides of the review bar.

Something like this (yes, I know it's crappy but it took 5min to make):

Cursor? seems to be scrolling up. tpu.png

anticlutch, Aug 15, 2020
  4. deeneecy Win User

Cursor? seems to be scrolling up.

cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Cursor? seems to be scrolling up.

1. Cursor? seems to be scrolling up. - Similar Threads - Cursor seems scrolling

2. Mouse cursor automatically scrolling up, selecting TOP LEFT CORNER and CURSOR MOVING...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor automatically scrolling up, selecting TOP LEFT CORNER and CURSOR MOVING...: Hi, i am having HP lap 15s-fq , windows 11Every time wen i am opening my system, the selection automatically goes to TOP LEFT corner. While typing CURSOR moves randomly. Tried most of the available solutions. 1.Reinstalled touch pad drivers and energy management...
  3. Mouse cursor automatically scrolling up, selecting TOP LEFT CORNER and CURSOR MOVING...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor automatically scrolling up, selecting TOP LEFT CORNER and CURSOR MOVING...: Hi, i am having HP lap 15s-fq , windows 11Every time wen i am opening my system, the selection automatically goes to TOP LEFT corner. While typing CURSOR moves randomly. Tried most of the available solutions. 1.Reinstalled touch pad drivers and energy management...
  4. Cursor Glitch seemingly unfixable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor Glitch seemingly unfixable: On my hp laptop I have been having an issue where the cursor lags behind at some points. I have already tried:-Uninstalling the device and reinstalling -Updating drivers, rolling back drivers -Using a different mouse-Updating windows-fully resetting the computer so no files...
  5. Cursor malfunction and page scrolling.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor malfunction and page scrolling.: For the past few days I have been having these problems and more. My cursor keeps moving to the start of the search bar, document, etc. My webpages and documents keep scrolling up. Videos keep starting until I move to another tab. I am not able choose from drop down boxes...
  6. Cursor scrolls uncontrollably.

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor scrolls uncontrollably.: This is a recent happening. I have no idea how it came about. I start the computer, and as soon as I place the cursor to type (applications, search boxes, etc.) it scrolls by itself to whatever boundary the placement has. I looked this up and found this discussion....
  7. Seemingly nonsensical cursor issue?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Seemingly nonsensical cursor issue?: My cursor seems to disappear whenever I scroll over opened windows not integral to the computer's systems. It disappears over google but reappears on the taskbar and the plain background. Not sure how or why this would be a function within a computer. Any ideas, world?...
  8. Cursor scrolls on its own.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor scrolls on its own.: I have an Acer with Windows 10. After "dragging" something with the cursor across the screen and after I stop dragging it, the cursor continues on its own BEFORE I drop what I am dragging into place. The cursor scrolls up & down or sideways on it's own when I am not moving...
  9. Cursor scrolls up when background changes - please help!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cursor scrolls up when background changes - please help!: After upgrade to windows 10 from 8.1, whenever the background changes (slideshow) any open window that is at all scrolled down will instantly return to the top position of the scroll bar. I've tried uninstalling mouse drivers, using a different mouse, running...
  10. Scrolling seems slow and jerky

in Windows 10 Support
    Scrolling seems slow and jerky: Is may be just me but scrolling up and down through posts in this forum seems slow and jerky compared to eight forums. If I press the arrow keys to scroll up and down then it scrolls a bit, pauses for a split second and then carries on a bit more before pausing again. Is...