Windows 10: Cursor Slow-- Crawls when playing a game

Discus and support Cursor Slow-- Crawls when playing a game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am having this problem playing Backspin Billiards (RealArcade) for the last several weeks. RealArcade has suggested a litany of fixes, none of which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by pygmy, Nov 20, 2017.

1. pygmy Win User

Cursor Slow-- Crawls when playing a game

I am having this problem playing Backspin Billiards (RealArcade) for the last several weeks. RealArcade has suggested a litany of fixes, none of which has worked, such as:

Windows 10 automatically sets the system DPI to 150%. If you manually turn it back down to 100%, this should help. If you don't know how to do this, please go to Control Panel>Appearance and Personalization>Display. There you will see the option. If this doesn't work, check your resolution, if it's set to high, it may prevent the game from working. We recommend 1680 X 1050.

Also, Windows 10 doesn’t always install the manufacturer’s drivers when upgrading. One thing you can do is check the manufacturer for drivers.

HP has their own update software, which tells you if the drivers aren’t from them and has a link for easy installation. Other company’s system aren’t always as straightforward.

To get details on your video card, right-click on your desktop and choose Display. Then choose Settings. Your video card manufacturer, make and model should be listed here.

You can usually get the latest version of your video driver software from the manufacturer of your computer; try the support page of the manufacturer's web site.

*NOTE: When starting your game, try closing all other applications. These games can use up a lot of RAM, and the more applications you have running at the same time, the more likely that you will encounter errors.

Lastly, is all else fails, try troubleshooting the compatibility:

Right-click on the game's icon and choose "Troubleshoot compatibility.” When prompted, choose “Try recommended settings.”

The change to the application's properties must be done while logged in as an administrative user. Alternatively, you can right-click the game's program icon and select Run as administrator.

Does anyone know what else might be causing this? It started after I slowed my cursor for another purpose, then set it higher and rebooted. Hope this helps.

:)

pygmy, Nov 20, 2017

2. Microsoft Update - Sep 20

After last week's update my computer has slowed to an absolute crawl. Email and game playing are tortuous.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

LynnSchneider, Nov 20, 2017
  3. games on windows 10 running extremely slowly (compared to windows 8)

Oddly enough everything else on my computer works just fine, internet, settings, etc. The games, however, still run normally everything works fine, but when the game actually starts everything slows to a crawl. Clocking at about 6 fps max. When on windows
    8 the same game would run at just shy of 60 fps. I've tried everything from re-downloading the game to fiddling with the compatibility mode. Anyone, any suggestions?

XxavionnxX, Nov 20, 2017
  4. Cursor Slow-- Crawls when playing a game

Is this the only game it happens on? I would assume you followed all of their fixes?

How do you play the game? Through Steam, Web Browser, Facebook, or Downloaded?

Masterchiefxx17, Nov 21, 2017
  5. Gordon7 Win User
    Change batteries in your mouse! Check your mouse settings again and test it while using the desktop (no game running).

Cursor Slow-- Crawls when playing a game [​IMG]

Gordon7, Nov 21, 2017
  6. pygmy Win User
    Thank you Masterchief and Gordon 7 for your responses. Yes I followed their recommendations as best I could. This is the only game it happens on. I play the game downloaded. I just recently changed the battery in my mouse and it is working perfectly. Not sure which mouse settings I should check. Not sure if the "fill in the info you have" applies to me or to the person with the hibernating issue.

pygmy, Nov 21, 2017
  7. Just to rule out a fault with the game, could you please redownload and install the game again? Or could you test the game on another PC?

Masterchiefxx17, Nov 22, 2017
  8. pygmy Win User

Thank you, masterchief. In fact, Gordon 7 had the right solution. I checked my settings and sure enough, the cursor speed had reverted back to slow. All is well now. Thanks again!

pygmy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cursor Slow-- Crawls when playing a game - Similar Threads - Cursor Slow Crawls

2. Windows running at a slow crawl

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows running at a slow crawl: Dell InspirionIntel Core i5-9400 @2.90GHz32 GB RAMWindows 11 x64For the past week or so my PC has become almost unuseable because of how slow it runs. I read there was recent update KB5007215 but I can not find a download link on the MS website.I've tried shutting down all...
  3. Windows running at a slow crawl

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows running at a slow crawl: Dell InspirionIntel Core i5-9400 @2.90GHz32 GB RAMWindows 11 x64For the past week or so my PC has become almost unuseable because of how slow it runs. I read there was recent update KB5007215 but I can not find a download link on the MS website.I've tried shutting down all...
  4. Slow to a crawl after 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow to a crawl after 20H2: I updated Windows 10 a week ago to 20H2 and I have had a host of problems including: disk usage always at 100%, startup taking 10-15min consistently, web based programs (chrome, discord) take AGES to open, wifi dropping/cutting out. I've seen other people mentioning BSODs but...
  5. Windows 10 is slowing to a crawl

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is slowing to a crawl: Hey I've got Windows 10 v1909 and recently it became terribly slow. I had problems with BSOD for which i've consulted with the community and disabled Intel Turbo Boost 3 and uninstalled Kaspersky since they thought it might be conflicting with Malewarebytes. I've done a...
  6. Windows inexplicably slows to a crawl

Windows inexplicably slows to a crawl: I've had an issue for a few weeks now where suddenly Windows will slow waaaay down (opening programs, websites refreshing, etc.) I can usually still open task manager and there are no obvious issues (nothing pinned at 100%, no one program that is the apparent culprit). A warm...
  7. Windows 10 slows down to a crawl

Windows 10 slows down to a crawl: So this has happened to me twice in the past week. Windows would just randomly slow down and start stuttering to the point where its unusable, and I would have to hard reset my machine. I run dual monitors, and in both instances, I was playing a game on one monitor, while...
  8. Internet slows to a crawl when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet slows to a crawl when playing games: Hello there. This is a problem that has been bugging me for some weeks. We have 100mbps internet, and it's very effective for all 6 of us using at least 2 devices each in the house. Internet connectivity on my PC is generally perfect, and always scores over 100mbps on...
  9. 100% HDD slowing laptop to a crawl

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% HDD slowing laptop to a crawl: Hi, I have just bought a brand new HP Laptop 8 Gig RAM, 7th gen i7 Intel, 2 TB HDD. Currently it"s not running much software & that annoying 100% HDD usage has already appeared. I have already increased the virtual RAM ( should be necessary with these specs). This problem...
  10. Startup slowed to a crawl

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup slowed to a crawl: Hi Everyone, I haven't been here for quite some time. About a week ago something changed with my Windows 10 startup. Everything seems to begin smoothly until the final blue screen finishes. There was usually a slight pause before the desktop appears but now just before my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. curcer sluggish only when playing game