Windows 10: Cursor snapping to display edges, btween two monitors

Discus and support Cursor snapping to display edges, btween two monitors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Like the title says, my cursor now suddenly started snapping to the edge between my two displays, and I have to kinda yank it to make it go from one to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by vincekiss, Feb 22, 2020.

1. vincekiss Win User

Cursor snapping to display edges, btween two monitors

Like the title says, my cursor now suddenly started snapping to the edge between my two displays, and I have to kinda yank it to make it go from one to the next, when it just used to go right through.

:)

vincekiss, Feb 22, 2020
  2. Mike-Peck Win User

Windows 10 - Mouse cursor sticks to edge between multiple monitors

I did get a suggestion that worked: Open the Display settings, use you mouse to drag either the leftmost or right most monitor icon (I have two monitors and a laptop, which is the center monitor) away from the center monitor icon, then release. That forces
    the icon to 'snap back' to the center monitor icon. The cursor stops sticking after you do that. If I disconnect the laptop to travel, etc., the problem sometimes reoccurs but is corrected by just repeating the steps. .

Mike-Peck, Feb 22, 2020
  3. Is there a setting for the size of the area where dragging a window will snap to the edge of the monitor?

I have desktop setups with two monitors both at home and at work. In both cases I run Windows 10, fully updated.

At home, I found it troublesome dragging a window from one monitor to the next as most of the time it tries to snap to the edge of the monitor I am dragging it from. That is when crossing the boundary between the monitors it favors snapping to the monitor rather than dragging it to the other one.

To be explicit: I take a window on the left monitor and try to drag it to the right monitor. When the mouse cursor hits the right edge of the left monitor it will try to snap the window to this edge, still on the left monitor, instead of allowing me to drag it farther onto the right one.

If I drag it fast enough it will skip over the edge and allow me to drag the window to the other monitor just fine.

At work, however, this never seems to happen. Granted, if I drag it slowly across the boundary it will snap but most of the time it doesn't do that. In fact, I experienced this so seldom at work that I thought there would be a setting to enable/disable this at all.

I have looked through Settings->System->Multi-tasking where there is a setting to disable snapping to edges completely.

I do not want to disable snapping completely. I snap to the top of the monitor to maximize and what I usually do is drag a maximized window slightly down, to restore it, drag it to the other monitor and snap it to the top.

Other than this global on/off setting I can't seem to find a way to control this behavior. Is there one?

Can I:

• Disable snapping to edges between monitors?
    • Control the size of the area where it snaps to make it easier to skip over?

Lasse Vågsæther Karlsen, Feb 22, 2020
  4. Cursor snapping to display edges, btween two monitors

Turn On or Off Aero Snap in Windows 10  

Yes I already tried your suggestion prior to posting, otherwise I wouldn't trouble you Cursor snapping to display edges, btween two monitors :)
    It did nothing, it still latches on to the side of the screen between monitors, not just up/sides.

Thanks,
    -

lindenkron, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

Cursor snapping to display edges, btween two monitors

1. Cursor snapping to display edges, btween two monitors - Similar Threads - Cursor snapping display

2. Mouse Cursor Snapping Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Cursor Snapping Issue: HiRecently I encountered a few issues related to the mouse cursor not snapping the corners of the object I was selecting. Below are some examples:1. In Excel, when you select a cell and move the cursor to the bottom right corner of the cell where the dot is, normally the...
  3. Problems extending displays to two monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems extending displays to two monitors: Hi all,I have a desktop PC that is running Windows 10. I am trying to extend the displays so that my desktop can be shared between my normal monitor and an HDTV. I have ensured that I have the correct cabling, and until about a week ago the displays were extending as...
  4. Problems extending displays to two monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems extending displays to two monitors: Hi all,I have a desktop PC that is running Windows 10. I am trying to extend the displays so that my desktop can be shared between my normal monitor and an HDTV. I have ensured that I have the correct cabling, and until about a week ago the displays were extending as...
  5. Problems extending displays to two monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Sharing display to two monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing display to two monitors: I'm having a problem sharing my display between two monitors. My pc has DVI-D and VGA monitor outputs. When I connect the DVI via HDMI to one monitor all is well. When I connect the second monitor via VGA the DVI monitor becomes partially unresponsive while the VGA monitor is...
  7. Sharing display to two monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sharing display to two monitors: I'm having a problem sharing my display between two monitors. My pc has DVI-D and VGA monitor outputs. When I connect the DVI via HDMI to one monitor all is well. When I connect the second monitor via VGA the DVI monitor becomes partially unresponsive while the VGA monitor is...
  8. Sharing display to two monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. snap window with multiple monitors in portrait display mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    snap window with multiple monitors in portrait display mode: How can we use snap features in Windows 10 if our multiple monitors are in portrait display mode? One idea was: "You can assign new hotkeys (like Ctrl + Alt + Up/Down) on the Settings > Functions tab. The functions you're looking for are called "Size and Move Window to...
  10. Moving cursor between two monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Moving cursor between two monitors: I have a monitor connected to my lap top in order to have two screens available. Cannot figure out how to move the cursor from one screen to the other....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. duel monitos edge snapping between monitors