Windows 10: Cursor start position changed

Discus and support Cursor start position changed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, a few months ago, a change occurred on multiple devices, at least in Windows Media Player, probably other programs as well. When a section of text... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HansBD, Feb 13, 2020.

1. HansBD Win User

Cursor start position changed

Hi, a few months ago, a change occurred on multiple devices, at least in Windows Media Player, probably other programs as well. When a section of text in a field, such as a song title, is highlighted, it used to be that pressing the left arrow caused the cursor to start at the end of the text and move left. Now it places it at the beginning, so in order to move backwards from the end, I have to first press "end" or the right arrow, and then use the left arrow. Is there a way to revert to the previous behavior, which I preferred? Thanks.

:)

HansBD, Feb 13, 2020

2. CANT CHANGE MOUSE CURSOR

Hi Stan,

We suggest that you try the steps provided by Syed Abdul Jabbar on this
    link
    on how to change the mouse cursor in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Nathaniel Mon, Feb 13, 2020
  3. deeneecy Win User
    cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, Feb 13, 2020
  4. MesPia Win User

Nice if Start screen "remembered" its position

This is not really a problem to be solved now, but a suggestion to Microsoft for a future update or version of Windows.

It would be nice if the Start screen remembered its position. For example, if I open the Start screen and scroll down to those applications that start with the letter "W", the next time I open the Start screen, it reverts back to displaying the top of the
    list. It would be nice if it "remembered" I was on "W" and opened at that position.

MesPia, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Cursor start position changed - Similar Threads - Cursor start position

2. Is there a way to change the taskbar and start menu positions separately ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to change the taskbar and start menu positions separately ?: Hi, I really prefer the new centered taskbar in Windows 11, but the start menu being in the center and taking half the screen is really bothering to me. I'd like it better if it appeared on the left, as if I put the taskbar to the left in the settings, while keeping the...
  3. Is there a way to change the taskbar and start menu positions separately ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to change the taskbar and start menu positions separately ?: Hi, I really prefer the new centered taskbar in Windows 11, but the start menu being in the center and taking half the screen is really bothering to me. I'd like it better if it appeared on the left, as if I put the taskbar to the left in the settings, while keeping the...
  4. Windows Position is not able to be changed on startup. It is in the wrong position...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Position is not able to be changed on startup. It is in the wrong position...: After the last few upgrades The Windows position after startup is fixed in a position I do not like and I have to always reposition it after start up. I have gone online and tried all fixes suggested but none has worked so far. I have gone into settings etc. and tried all...
  5. Windows Position is not able to be changed on startup. It is in the wrong position...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Position is not able to be changed on startup. It is in the wrong position...: After the last few upgrades The Windows position after startup is fixed in a position I do not like and I have to always reposition it after start up. I have gone online and tried all fixes suggested but none has worked so far. I have gone into settings etc. and tried all...
  6. Windows Position is not able to be changed on startup. It is in the wrong position...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. My desktop icons change their position when the system starts.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My desktop icons change their position when the system starts.: My desktop icons are randomly placed on the desktop when the PC starts. The icon place is not saving though I rearrange them while I shut down my PC. Every time I arrange them and then they are again misplaced on the desktop randomly. Is their any way to make them save...
  8. Rename files make cursor position move left instead of to start

in Windows 10 Support
    Rename files make cursor position move left instead of to start: I have noticed in Windows 10 in file explorer if I highlight then hit F2 then press the left arrow key the cursor shoots to the start of the file name. In Windows 7 in file explorer if I highlight a file and hit F2 then press the left arrow key, the cursor moves over one...
  9. Start button position

Start button position: Hello. How can I set the start button on bottom while taskbar is located vertically on the left side of screen? By default, if taskbar is located vertically on the left side of screen, the start button is located on the top....
  10. Cursor doesn’t get back to the default position

Cursor doesn’t get back to the default position: The feature “Snap pointer to default button in dialog box“ stopped working after the last update. My cursor doesn’t want to get back to the default button. I tried to toggle on this feature in the settings but it is not working....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cursor start position