Windows 10: Cursor start position changed

Discus and support Cursor start position changed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, a few months ago, a change occurred on multiple devices, at least in Windows Media Player, probably other programs as well. When a section of text... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HansBD, Feb 13, 2020.

1. HansBD Win User

Cursor start position changed

Hi, a few months ago, a change occurred on multiple devices, at least in Windows Media Player, probably other programs as well. When a section of text in a field, such as a song title, is highlighted, it used to be that pressing the left arrow caused the cursor to start at the end of the text and move left. Now it places it at the beginning, so in order to move backwards from the end, I have to first press "end" or the right arrow, and then use the left arrow. Is there a way to revert to the previous behavior, which I preferred? Thanks.

:)

HansBD, Feb 13, 2020

2. CANT CHANGE MOUSE CURSOR

Hi Stan,

We suggest that you try the steps provided by Syed Abdul Jabbar on this
    link
    on how to change the mouse cursor in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Nathaniel Mon, Feb 13, 2020
  3. deeneecy Win User
    cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, Feb 13, 2020
  4. MesPia Win User

Nice if Start screen "remembered" its position

This is not really a problem to be solved now, but a suggestion to Microsoft for a future update or version of Windows.

It would be nice if the Start screen remembered its position. For example, if I open the Start screen and scroll down to those applications that start with the letter "W", the next time I open the Start screen, it reverts back to displaying the top of the
    list. It would be nice if it "remembered" I was on "W" and opened at that position.

MesPia, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Cursor start position changed - Similar Threads - Cursor start position

2. Rename files make cursor position move left instead of to start

in Windows 10 Support
    Rename files make cursor position move left instead of to start: I have noticed in Windows 10 in file explorer if I highlight then hit F2 then press the left arrow key the cursor shoots to the start of the file name. In Windows 7 in file explorer if I highlight a file and hit F2 then press the left arrow key, the cursor moves over one...
  3. Change cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change cursor: I would like to change my cursor. I have done it before (years ago) & cannot remember how I did it. I am 78 years old so memory (and other things) are not working as well as in the past. Please help. Thank you....
  4. I cannot change to landscape position

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot change to landscape position: My desktop icons are now in the upright position and When I right click on my desktop to get to the display settings and click on Landscape or Portrait I get only Landscape flipped or Portrait flipped and not Portrait how can I resolve this problem please help me Thank you...
  5. Start button position

Start button position: Hello. How can I set the start button on bottom while taskbar is located vertically on the left side of screen? By default, if taskbar is located vertically on the left side of screen, the start button is located on the top....
  6. Changing mouse cursors

Changing mouse cursors: All windows 10 mouse cursors are really ugly is there some cool alternatives with how to install ? Thanks 129868
  7. Cursor changes not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor changes not working: I prefer the classic windows cursor, however when I apply the cursor I want to use. It stays until I restart the pc, then it reverts back to the default one. How can I fix this? 123183
  8. Cursor doesn’t get back to the default position

Cursor doesn’t get back to the default position: The feature “Snap pointer to default button in dialog box“ stopped working after the last update. My cursor doesn’t want to get back to the default button. I tried to toggle on this feature in the settings but it is not working....
  9. How to change toast notifications position?

How to change toast notifications position?: For some reason after the last Windows update the toast notification is popping up right in the middle of my screen as I am working. I didn't mind it popping up on the bottom right and disappearing but now for some reason it is popping up dead center of my screen. I have to...
  10. Folders Keep Changing Position

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders Keep Changing Position: hello everyone. i found this topic - Open folder window at same position every time - Windows 10 Forums i browsed and didn't find a solution. im having the same problem. when i open "My PC" or any folder in my desktop windows 10 remembers if i resize it, but always...