Windows 10: Cursor started moving on it's own

Discus and support Cursor started moving on it's own in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello,My friend tried to download from sketchy website. It was a zip file, however never opened it, deleted right away. But 10 minutes later, cursor... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Laimis26, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Laimis26 Win User

Cursor started moving on it's own

Hello,My friend tried to download from sketchy website. It was a zip file, however never opened it, deleted right away. But 10 minutes later, cursor started moving on it's own, it wasn't like jumping/glitching, but it seemed like a human controlled smooth movement but it was just going upwards. Felt like Teamviewer, if I move my own mouse I take over, but it kept moving upwards interrupting my cursor. I went to start and tried to shutdown pc, but couldn't because mouse kept going upwards. I forced shutdown laptop with button. After powering on it never happened again. Checked for suspicious pr

:)

Laimis26, Oct 22, 2021
  2. deeneecy Win User

cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, Oct 22, 2021
  3. pmoon66 Win User
    CURSOR MOVES ON ITS OWN

I am so frustrated. Suddenly my cursor moves around the page on its own! while typing a letter or email, should I stop to check on something relative to my work and start typing again, only to find the cursor is in a totally different area than where
    I left off!! IT JUST HAPPENED WHILE TYPING THIS QUESTION 3 TIMES!! SOS!! PLEASE HELP!! Have I touched a key that told the cursor to move wherever?? I am not computer illiterate but no 'guru' for sure!! Any suggestions/comments will be so very appreciated.
    Thanks.

pmoon66, Oct 22, 2021
  4. Cursor started moving on it's own

Mouse Cursor Moving Spontaneously

Hey All,

I have an MSI GE72 2QD Apache Pro laptop with Windows 10 64-Bit OS. I use a wireless Logitech M510 mouse.

My problem is that my mouse cursor will move spontaneously at different times and start randomly clicking on things. Super annoying.

Things I have done to try to revert the issue:

• Made sure my drivers for both the touchpad and wireless mouse were fully updated.
    • Rolled-back the drivers to see if that would fix the problem.
    • Completely uninstalled the drivers and then reinstalled them.
    • Disabled the touchpad, which does work, but I don't want to keep it this way.
    Since disabling the touchpad is the only thing that seems to work, I am thinking it has something to do with that.

Any suggestions or tips that might resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Johnw28020, Oct 22, 2021
Thema:

Cursor started moving on it's own

1. Cursor started moving on it's own - Similar Threads - Cursor started moving

2. Cursor moving up on it's own Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor moving up on it's own Windows 11: The cursor on my laptop is moving up, making it impossible to play my game. I plugged out my mouse, still not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-moving-up-on-its-own-windows-11/2c9d9023-75ba-4fd5-9c70-406fa4fda8fe
  3. Mouse Cursor Moving on its own

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Cursor Moving on its own: So I installed a ssd in my pc just today. Turned on my pc and now my mouse cursor is moving whenever it feels like it. I tried all the tips online like updating the drivers, turning off show mouse when typing, everything but it keeps moving and it’s extremely frustrating. I...
  4. Mouse cursor moving on its own.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse cursor moving on its own.: So I noticed that with my new laptop, the cursor will randomly move or somewhere on the screen by itself. And just now the Minecraft launcher opened by itself. I'm in the bed watching TV, not touching anything with the laptop. Is this normal? I looked it up and I saw some...
  5. CURSOR MOVES ON ITS OWN

CURSOR MOVES ON ITS OWN: I am so frustrated. Suddenly my cursor moves around the page on its own! while typing a letter or email, should I stop to check on something relative to my work and start typing again, only to find the cursor is in a totally different area than where I left off!! IT JUST...
  6. Windows 10 Cursor moving on its own.

Windows 10 Cursor moving on its own.: Recently, somehow my cursor has started to move on its own, it’s not going ina select direction. Ut moves sparstically on my screen making it almost impossible to use it. Even if my Mouse is unplugged, it still happens. I’ve run multiple virus scans and they don’t pick up...
  7. cursor moves on its own on 1st login

cursor moves on its own on 1st login: I have a new-ish Acer Aspire XC-885 running windows 10 & Bitdefender protected & recent scan showing no issues. Immediately following latest windows update the cursor stated to track to the right following user login. I rolled back the update but no help. I then tried a clean...
  8. Cursor Moves On Its Own on Surface Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor Moves On Its Own on Surface Laptop: Hi, My Windows Surface Laptop is relatively new (a couple months old) but recently, I've noticed the cursor (I don't use a mouse) moving on its own to either only the top left or right corner of the screen before erratically jumping about in that same spot. So if I'm on...
  9. Cursor is moving on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor is moving on its own: I installed Windows 10 on my laptop Asus A45vd. And find out that when I use the touchpad, cursor is moving without any interference on my side. Any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-is-moving-on-its-own/638607bd-e29e-47ab-988f-eee61e4ea569
  10. Mouse cursor moves on it's own??.?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mouse cursor moves on it's own??.?: So me and my little sister have been freaking out over our new system acting weird. Today she left her laptop open to get back in home later and find out the cursor moving as if someone had remote access and took over the cursor and opened many programs I don't know how a...