Windows 10: Cursor stops blinking

Discus and support Cursor stops blinking in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The cursor stops blinking after several blinks. Textpad, Excel and Wordpad. MSWord ok. Don Cole 129918 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by doncole, Mar 31, 2019.

1. doncole Win User

Cursor stops blinking

The cursor stops blinking after several blinks.
    Textpad, Excel and Wordpad. MSWord ok.
    Don Cole

:)

doncole, Mar 31, 2019
  2. #......# Win User

Text cursor stops blinking after a few seconds

In most of the applications the text cursor stops blinking after a few seconds. The time, after it stops depends on the application.

In Start Menu, when you type "Change cursor blink rate", the "Keyboard properties" settings dialogue appears. In this dialogue I have the "Cursor blink rate" set to default. I did not change it since Windows installation. With these settings I got the following
    results.

[table][tr][td]Notepad[/td][td]Cursor stops blinking after 5-6 blinks.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Windows Explorer[/td][td]Cursor stops blinking after 5-6 blinks.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Total Commander[/td][td]Cursor stops blinking after 5-6 blinks.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Microsoft Office 2016[/td][td]Cursor stops blinking after 30-32 blinks.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Microsoft Edge, inside Google search box[/td][td]Cursor stops blinking after 10-11 blinks.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Microsoft Edge, inside URL bar[/td][td]Cursor stops blinking after 5-6 blinks.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Firefox (in URL bar, also inside web pages)[/td][td]The cursor did not stop after 50 blinks. Seems to work OK.[/td][/tr][/table]

I am using Windows 10 Enterprise, Version: 1709, OS Build: 16299.431.

Please fix this bug. The text cursor should blink contantly.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

#......#, Mar 31, 2019
  3. cursor stops blinking after a few seconds

Is there any way to keep the cursor blinking? Latest Windows update causes cursor to stop blinking after a few seconds.

TomObenschain, Mar 31, 2019
  4. doncole Win User

Cursor stops blinking

Cursor blinks

Cursor blinks about 3 times then stops with Notepad2 and Textpad.

Excel and Word ok.

Don Cole

doncole, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

Cursor stops blinking

1. Cursor stops blinking - Similar Threads - Cursor stops blinking

2. Blinking cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blinking cursor: I have Win 10 operating system. Recently the cursor has blinked constantly. I have also gotten a message that my operating system is nearing the end of its life. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blinking-cursor/1ad4f7f8-bdde-4626-84d2-01e1e5aed3cb
  3. BSOD then blinking cursor on boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD then blinking cursor on boot: I was playing a game and then suddenly got a BSOD that said Hardware failure. Now it boots to the blinking cursor black screen. I can get into the bios and both SSD's are detected, along with all other Hardware. The only wierd thing was that my boot drive had changed...
  4. Cursor Blinking Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor Blinking Problem: Hi i am facing cursor blinking problem in my window 10 OS. I tried many method which are available on google but not able to solve it.. Please tell me the accuarte solution if you have Thank you.....
  5. Cursor blinks

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor blinks: Cursor blinks about 3 times then stops with Notepad2 and Textpad. Excel and Word ok. Don Cole 123457
  6. Cursor constantly blinking / circle next to cursor constantly blinking

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor constantly blinking / circle next to cursor constantly blinking: Hi In past weeks, perhaps after an update, there's a blue circle which is nearly constantly blinking except when the cursor is placed over a link. This incredibly distracting activity I think is meant to show the processor is working. I can't find where or how to stop it....
  7. blinking cursor

blinking cursor: I have 2 cursors. The one on the task bar is in a translucent circle and is blinking. The real one is blinking also and is hard to control. How do I fix this. I have an HP Pavilon Notebook and Windows 10. Thank you in advance....
  8. cursor blinking

cursor blinking: hey there , i'm facing problems with my pc when playing games , the screen just turns black while the cursor wil be blinking ! i updated my graphic drivers but the issue is stil there...how do i solve it...
  9. Blinking Cursor/Blinking underscore in boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blinking Cursor/Blinking underscore in boot: Hi Guys, I recently have a problem when i opened my PC. It started to show blinking underscore so i decided to push my restart button in my hardware and gladly it opened but the next day when i opened my pc, there is a blinking underscore present in the screen before logging...
  10. Blinking Cursor, Blinking underscore in boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blinking Cursor, Blinking underscore in boot: Hi Guys, I recently have a problem when i opened my PC. It started to show blinking underscore so i decided to push my restart button in my hardware and gladly it opened but the next day when i opened my pc, there is a blinking underscore present in the screen before logging...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cursor flashes 3 times then stops

2. windows 10 cursor stops blinking

3. cursor not blinking in windows 10 search bar