Windows 10: Cursor stuck on arrow and will not change shape

Discus and support Cursor stuck on arrow and will not change shape in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Running windows 10 and office 2016, this morning the mouse decided to be stuck on the arrow shape and will not change shape when you're in office (esp... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KTM350ROCKS, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Cursor stuck on arrow and will not change shape

Running windows 10 and office 2016, this morning the mouse decided to be stuck on the arrow shape and will not change shape when you're in office (esp excel when you need the cross hair or line) or even hovering over the internet bar, is stays as an arrow - I've done driver updates and set cursor to windows default with no luck, also I've done no system updates for the past 2 weeks - any help is appreciated?

:)

KTM350ROCKS, Sep 18, 2019

2. The cursor changes the shape from the arrow to a circle with an up arrow and an arrow down

When I have opened a program like Edge on my Windows 10 PC, the cursor changes form from an arrow to a circle with an up arrow and an arrow down.
    This new symbol can not activate anything by moving it around with the mouse.
    To close the open program, press Ctrl + Alt + Del to get to the job list.
    At the same time, the circle symbol turns into the well-known arrow, and I can continue the work normally.

How do I avoid the annoying circle icon?

The cursor changes the shape from the arrow to a circle with an up arrow and an arrow down

Claes Agerup, Sep 18, 2019
  3. Cursor changes shape

The cursor changes shape from the normal arrow to one or more vertical lines with hatching. Restarting the computer fixes the problem, but only for an hour or two. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks

StephenBabcock, Sep 18, 2019
  4. sjdomin Win User

Cursor stuck on arrow and will not change shape

Mouse cursor spontaneously changes shape and size

Starting out with the default cursor (arrow) after several minutes of use the shape changes by itself to a grid -attempts to revert back to the default using the Control Panel fail. The only way to get back to the shape I want is to restart.

Using Windows 10 and a Dynex wired (usb) mouse. Drivers are up to date.

sjdomin, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

Cursor stuck on arrow and will not change shape

1. Cursor stuck on arrow and will not change shape - Similar Threads - Cursor stuck arrow

2. Change cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change cursor: I would like to change my cursor. I have done it before (years ago) & cannot remember how I did it. I am 78 years old so memory (and other things) are not working as well as in the past. Please help. Thank you....
  3. Windows 10 stuck on arrow cursor in app apps, local and remote connections.

Windows 10 stuck on arrow cursor in app apps, local and remote connections.: All of a sudden today my PC cursor is stuck in the normal select arrow, what I mean is when I load paint for instance, if you click on draw icon and draw something, normally the cursor changes to a pen, this isnt happening, its not happening in any apps, including photoshop,...
  4. Changing mouse cursors

Changing mouse cursors: All windows 10 mouse cursors are really ugly is there some cool alternatives with how to install ? Thanks 129868
  5. Uncommon cursor shape when swiping on touchpad

Uncommon cursor shape when swiping on touchpad: When swiping on touchpad with two fingers so that the page scrolls, the mouse cursor becomes a small dot rather than the normal arrow shape. It appears as if I were using touch screen, where the small dot implies the location of my finger. But since I am not, the fact that...
  6. Windows down arrow key stuck?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows down arrow key stuck?: I have recently built my third computer, but the keyboard or something else seems to be wrong. The down arrow is not working properly, it is stuck in place. I have tried everything to get it to not be stuck. I first tried sticky keys, but that did nothing, I pulled up the...
  7. Mouse Cursor Stuck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Cursor Stuck: I just upgraded from 8.1 (brand new) and I can move my mouse cursor for a couple seconds then it freezes and starts showing a loading circle every few seconds. 12454
  8. Stuck on black screen, large cursor arrow and windows will not load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on black screen, large cursor arrow and windows will not load: Hello, I recently started getting a black screen when trying to turn on my laptop, a Sony Vaio running Windows 10. I am unable to download the DM log collector tool since I cannot use my computer at all. It stays on the black screen even if I let it sit for hours. It's...
  9. Mouse Arrow Changes Colors

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse Arrow Changes Colors: I don't know what happened but my mouse arrow changes colors depending on background color. If BG is white arrow is black, BG yellow arrow blue I sort of like it because it helps my eyes. 73940
  10. why is there a flashing blue circle next to arrow cursor?

in Windows 10 Support
    why is there a flashing blue circle next to arrow cursor?: I have successfully completed a download of windows 10 and it is running well so far but the blue circle that normally denotes something is downloading or changing is cons tantly flashing 57759

Users found this page by searching for:

1. arrow cursor stays arrow in word