Windows 10: Cursor stuck on arrow and will not change shape

Discus and support Cursor stuck on arrow and will not change shape in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Running windows 10 and office 2016, this morning the mouse decided to be stuck on the arrow shape and will not change shape when you're in office (esp... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KTM350ROCKS, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Cursor stuck on arrow and will not change shape

Running windows 10 and office 2016, this morning the mouse decided to be stuck on the arrow shape and will not change shape when you're in office (esp excel when you need the cross hair or line) or even hovering over the internet bar, is stays as an arrow - I've done driver updates and set cursor to windows default with no luck, also I've done no system updates for the past 2 weeks - any help is appreciated?

:)

KTM350ROCKS, Sep 18, 2019

2. The cursor changes the shape from the arrow to a circle with an up arrow and an arrow down

When I have opened a program like Edge on my Windows 10 PC, the cursor changes form from an arrow to a circle with an up arrow and an arrow down.
    This new symbol can not activate anything by moving it around with the mouse.
    To close the open program, press Ctrl + Alt + Del to get to the job list.
    At the same time, the circle symbol turns into the well-known arrow, and I can continue the work normally.

How do I avoid the annoying circle icon?

The cursor changes the shape from the arrow to a circle with an up arrow and an arrow down

Claes Agerup, Sep 18, 2019
  3. Cursor changes shape

The cursor changes shape from the normal arrow to one or more vertical lines with hatching. Restarting the computer fixes the problem, but only for an hour or two. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks

StephenBabcock, Sep 18, 2019
  4. sjdomin Win User

Cursor stuck on arrow and will not change shape

Mouse cursor spontaneously changes shape and size

Starting out with the default cursor (arrow) after several minutes of use the shape changes by itself to a grid -attempts to revert back to the default using the Control Panel fail. The only way to get back to the shape I want is to restart.

Using Windows 10 and a Dynex wired (usb) mouse. Drivers are up to date.

sjdomin, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

Cursor stuck on arrow and will not change shape

1. Cursor stuck on arrow and will not change shape - Similar Threads - Cursor stuck arrow

2. Arrow and Shapes in Snip & Sketch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Arrow and Shapes in Snip & Sketch: Dear MS Team,I have been adding feedback for more than 2 years asking for enhancement in Snip & Sketch tool, our team is using the third-party tool only due to these missing Arrow and shapes in Snip & Sketch.It is really difficult to use a third-party tool and additional...
  3. Arrow and Shapes in Snip & Sketch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Arrow and Shapes in Snip & Sketch: Dear MS Team,I have been adding feedback for more than 2 years asking for enhancement in Snip & Sketch tool, our team is using the third-party tool only due to these missing Arrow and shapes in Snip & Sketch.It is really difficult to use a third-party tool and additional...
  4. The cursor's shape is not like the preview from settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The cursor's shape is not like the preview from settings: My cursor changes shape whenever I change the "Cursor Color" in Ease of Access, here are some picturesSee the difference?The left is the preview and the right is my current cursor...
  5. My cursor arrow

in Windows 10 Customization
    My cursor arrow: How do I get my cursor symbol back? My cursor is now a small round clock/target like symbol - with a small black triangle at the 12, 3, 6 & 9 positions. Please help. Thank you....
  6. How to change cursor shape for a Windows Terminal profile

in Windows 10 News
    How to change cursor shape for a Windows Terminal profile: If you want to change the cursor shape for a profile in Windows Terminal on Windows 10, then this post can be helpful. By default, when you access a profile (say PowerShell or Command Prompt) in Windows Terminal, the cursor is visible in Bar (┃) shape. But there are 5 more...
  7. Cursor Shape

Cursor Shape: Hey everybody, I was wondering if there is a way to change the shape of the cursor. I know that there is a way to change the color, but I got a little tired of the shape. Please write back if you have any ideas, they will be greatly accepted. ~Elanoides~...
  8. Uncommon cursor shape when swiping on touchpad

Uncommon cursor shape when swiping on touchpad: When swiping on touchpad with two fingers so that the page scrolls, the mouse cursor becomes a small dot rather than the normal arrow shape. It appears as if I were using touch screen, where the small dot implies the location of my finger. But since I am not, the fact that...
  9. Change Cursor Shape of Console Window in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Cursor Shape of Console Window in Windows 10: How to: Change Cursor Shape of Console Window in Windows 10 How to Change Cursor Shape of Console Window in Windows 10 A console (or "terminal) is an application that provides I/O to character-mode applications. For example: Linux Starting with Windows 10 build...
  10. Stuck on black screen, large cursor arrow and windows will not load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on black screen, large cursor arrow and windows will not load: Hello, I recently started getting a black screen when trying to turn on my laptop, a Sony Vaio running Windows 10. I am unable to download the DM log collector tool since I cannot use my computer at all. It stays on the black screen even if I let it sit for hours. It's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse cursor wont change stays as arrow

2. cursor and arrow on word screen

3. why is my word line tool stuck as an arrow?

4. word cursor stay as arrow,
  5. my mouse cursor is stuck on the arrow,
  6. mouse cursor is an arrow with a dot and unable to select,
  7. mouse pointer stuck on arrow,
  8. cursor will not change from the arrow,
  9. arrow cursor stays arrow in word