Windows 10: Cursor stuck on one monitor

Discus and support Cursor stuck on one monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HelloI have recently turned my computer on, to find windows updates.After doing such updates I found that I was unable to make my cursor move from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RossPearse, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Cursor stuck on one monitor

HelloI have recently turned my computer on, to find windows updates.After doing such updates I found that I was unable to make my cursor move from my primary monitor to a secondary.I have gone to display settings, and have made sure the 2nd monitor is placed in the correct position. The cursor can't escape the first monitor at any border. The multiple displays setting is set to "Extend these displays"The secondary screen has a background, and I can move windows to it, using keyboard shortcuts, so the screen is working fine.The screens are different sizes and resolutions, but I have been fine

:)

RossPearse, Jun 11, 2021
  2. APLH Win User

Cursor "cross" is transparent

Hi RR and thanks for your reply and suggestion.

Here's an update from my end:

This only happens on my laptop screen when it is plugged into a second monitor.

• If Excel is on the second monitor, then the cursor cross is white.
    • If the laptop isn't plugged into the second monitor then the cursor cross is white.
    I think the same happens on all Office applications - certainly PowerPoint as well.

From this ^^above, I doubt it is an Excel setting. Not really sure where to start looking for a fix. The issue is that it impedes the use of the application as you keep losing where the damn cursor is.

3. deeneecy Win User
    cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Mike-Peck Win User

Cursor stuck on one monitor

Windows 10 - Mouse cursor sticks to edge between multiple monitors

I did get a suggestion that worked: Open the Display settings, use you mouse to drag either the leftmost or right most monitor icon (I have two monitors and a laptop, which is the center monitor) away from the center monitor icon, then release. That forces
    the icon to 'snap back' to the center monitor icon. The cursor stops sticking after you do that. If I disconnect the laptop to travel, etc., the problem sometimes reoccurs but is corrected by just repeating the steps. .

Mike-Peck, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Cursor stuck on one monitor

1. Cursor stuck on one monitor - Similar Threads - Cursor stuck monitor

2. One monitor is stuck on alt account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One monitor is stuck on alt account: Hi, I have two separate logins on my windows 11 PC, one for work and one personal. I logged into my work one and then back onto my personal account and now one of my monitors is stuck on the secondary work account. When I log into the work one, both monitors work fine but...
  3. One monitor is stuck on alt account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One monitor is stuck on alt account: Hi, I have two separate logins on my windows 11 PC, one for work and one personal. I logged into my work one and then back onto my personal account and now one of my monitors is stuck on the secondary work account. When I log into the work one, both monitors work fine but...
  4. HDR made one of my monitors dark and the cursor disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR made one of my monitors dark and the cursor disappeared: I was messing around in xbox game bar when I noticed HDR option, so I used it, and now one of my monitors that was HDR incompatible is now much darker and mouse cursor is invisible but it's still there because I can click and use things. Everything looks normal when I am in...
  5. HDR made one of my monitors dark and the cursor disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDR made one of my monitors dark and the cursor disappeared: I was messing around in xbox game bar when I noticed HDR option, so I used it, and now one of my monitors that was HDR incompatible is now much darker and mouse cursor is invisible but it's still there because I can click and use things. Everything looks normal when I am in...
  6. Cursor stuck at loading...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor stuck at loading...: HI! When i enter my PC and i'm on my desktop screen, then my cursor start loading and won't stop. I can't click or use my screen, i can only use my taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-stuck-at-loading/31e51846-d6fe-43ba-96f6-a691613033a3
  7. Mouse cursor is stuck on one point

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor is stuck on one point: To pretty much sum it up my cursor is stuck on my main monitor and when i try to move it, it just snaps back to where it was at before. I've tried many different fixes and none have worked. I havent a clue what to do....
  8. mouse cursor stucking

mouse cursor stucking: added a wireless mouse thinking it's my touchpad, but either way the arrow cursor seems stuck in the middle surrounded by a halo of two crop circles I have checked and updated drivers... is it a coincidence that this issue started after the win 10 upgrade?...
  9. Problem moving the cursor between monitors after replacing one of two monitors.

Problem moving the cursor between monitors after replacing one of two monitors.: After replacing one of two monitors, the cursor wouldn't move correctly between monitors. One of the other threads on this topic was helpful, but it took me awhile to fully understand the suggested solution. Below is what I did to fix my problem. If you have the same...
  10. remove cursor on monitor

remove cursor on monitor: i have a laptop and a second monitor using windows 10. I have one cursors on both screens, how do i remove cursor on second monitor so i only have the cursor on my laptop?...