Windows 10: cursor stuttering after windows update and graphics driver reinstall

Discus and support cursor stuttering after windows update and graphics driver reinstall in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello! I have a question; I can’t solve for the life of me. I was forced to do a windows update on my system yesterday. After I had this update, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SinththeSphinx, Apr 10, 2021.

1. cursor stuttering after windows update and graphics driver reinstall

Hello! I have a question; I can’t solve for the life of me. I was forced to do a windows update on my system yesterday. After I had this update, I noticed my computer was acting funny. The cursor would stutter across the screen instead of smooth movements. This was also happening in games and other programs, such as my 3d modeling software. I had used a DDU to uninstall my rtx2070 driver in safe mode and tried installing several different versions of the graphics card drivers I found one that seemed stable, and ii used that for a while, and my computer was acting fine for a few hours. The other drivers would immediately start stuttering, so I didn’t realize that it was coming back after an hour. I also realized that my computer would get hung up when trying to restart or shut down, whether this is in normal mode, or safe mode, it was happening regardless.

When I used the DDU in safe mode, after I uninstalled the driver, but before I uninstalled a new one, I noticed the stuttering was going away, also, I was able to shut down the computer properly when it wasn’t stuttering. Now, I am trying to watch videos on YouTube, and the audio has intermittent popping and the video is janky. I don’t know what this could be. I tried checking for hardware acceleration, but there was no way to turn this off. My best fix so far was to have a game ready driver install from February 25th 2021 without the GeForce experience 461.72

I am using 3Ds Max to demonstrate this issue, this is happening in every program and game, it’s just easiest to show here. In this video you see the desyncing ad stuttering happen with the cursor and the camera . https://youtu.be/LemwHVF4lZE. I looked up other videos, since the computer doesn’t always start stuttering at launch, I’m thinking maybe it could be a process that starts up that causes it to happen. I saw that someone disabled Cortana, and that worked, but I don’t have Cortana running in the background on my system.

submitted by /u/SinththeSphinx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SinththeSphinx, Apr 10, 2021

2. Screen & Cursor Stuttering

I woke up this morning to find that upon moving my cursor, it would stutter about every 1-2 seconds very briefly. I was frustrated and reinstalled Windows 10 on a new drive. Everything seemed fine for a while, but the problem showed back up after I tried
    to reinstall my graphics drivers for Nvidia. I uninstalled the drivers and discovered a few things.

1. Upon booting up my PC, there wouldn't be any stuttering for about 5 seconds before the 'device connected/usb connected' da-ding sound would play and the stuttering would start.

2. If the Nvidia Drivers were installed and then uninstalled, the stuttering would go away before the restart finalized the uninstillation.

Thanks for any help!

Merlinsclaw, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Graphics Driver failing/reinstalling (Intel (R) HD Graphics Ver. 8.15.10.2900

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

1. What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to install any pending updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

I suggest you to follow the Methods below and check if that helps.

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Steps to uninstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

1. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

2. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

3. Search for the Graphics Card from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
    from the computer.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Refer the link below to download drivers for Intel.

Drivers & Software

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 10, 2021
  4. cursor stuttering after windows update and graphics driver reinstall

Intel Graphic Driver Update

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer the below questions:

• What exactly happens when you launch the game?
    • Do you get any error message?

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

cursor stuttering after windows update and graphics driver reinstall

1. cursor stuttering after windows update and graphics driver reinstall - Similar Threads - cursor stuttering update

2. PC stuttering after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC stuttering after reinstalling windows: Just reinstalled windows to fix an error and now my pc is stuttering really bad.Any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-stuttering-after-reinstalling-windows/012b4a31-bc58-48a4-9fb3-878dffdfc3b8
  3. PC stuttering after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC stuttering after reinstalling windows: Just reinstalled windows to fix an error and now my pc is stuttering really bad.Any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-stuttering-after-reinstalling-windows/012b4a31-bc58-48a4-9fb3-878dffdfc3b8
  4. PC stuttering after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows turned to black screen with cursor after graphic driver update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows turned to black screen with cursor after graphic driver update: Currently posting from a phone. Even when I do ctrl shift win b, nothing happens. I downloaded the graphic card driver update directly from GeForce Experience,and this never happened before. Can anyone please help me solve it?...
  6. Windows turned to black screen with cursor after graphic driver update

Windows turned to black screen with cursor after graphic driver update: Currently posting from a phone. Even when I do ctrl shift win b, nothing happens. I downloaded the graphic card driver update directly from GeForce Experience,and this never happened before. Can anyone please help me solve it?...
  7. Graphics drivers randomly restart and random stutters

Graphics drivers randomly restart and random stutters: Hey there guys!So my PC has been randomly restarting its graphics drivers screens go black for 1-2 seconds and come back and I have no idea what to do. My PC also randomly stutters for a second or two and goes back to normal. The stuttering started happening right after I...
  8. reinstalling graphics driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    reinstalling graphics driver: If I delete HD graphics driver and then boot my PC, will this driver be installed again automatically? Thank you for your answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstalling-graphics-driver/39b87de2-8872-41e4-9e61-92cd088ae3f3
  9. cursor stuttering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cursor stuttering: my cursor stutters when a software is lagging. and its very annoying especially when playing minecraft bedrock. the cursor just stutters for a split second and goes back to normal. this happens so many times...
  10. Windows lags after updating graphics driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows lags after updating graphics driver: I just updated my graphic driver to the latest version. AMD Radeon R5 M330 and AMD R5 Graphics. After updating my laptop to Windows 10, it kinda lags and freezes. Idk if it the driver or the update....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 display adapter stutter