Windows 10: Cursor switches windows by hovering, not by clicking on my laptop

Discus and support Cursor switches windows by hovering, not by clicking on my laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After the update last Tuesday, this phenomenon started. I would like to go back to when there are 2 overlapping Windows, I can switch between them by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by San_Martin, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Cursor switches windows by hovering, not by clicking on my laptop

After the update last Tuesday, this phenomenon started. I would like to go back to when there are 2 overlapping Windows, I can switch between them by clicking & not by hovering. If I have a smaller window in front of a larger window, the larger window will come to the front if the cursor just hovers over it. Then I have to minimize the larger window to get back to the smaller window

This occurs when using my Synaptics touchpad driver up to date or my USB mouse. Hovering over a program on the Task Bar does not launch the program.

This a minor inconvenience, but it bugs me. I haven't tried rolling back last Tuesday's update, yet.

Any insights would be appreciated.

:)

San_Martin, Oct 17, 2020

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Oct 17, 2020
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Cursor switches windows by hovering, not by clicking on my laptop

Windows switch too fast

Hi Jack,

We'll need more information to understand the situation better. Kindly answer these questions:

• When you say, "when I hover over a window..." do you mean when the mouse cursor hovers over the window that it switches without clicking?
    • Where does the switching happen? Over multiple windows or on the task bar?
    Regards.

Jairit Bet, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Cursor switches windows by hovering, not by clicking on my laptop

1. Cursor switches windows by hovering, not by clicking on my laptop - Similar Threads - Cursor switches hovering

2. Stopping cursor hovering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stopping cursor hovering: I have a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 Pro. I cannot turn off the hovering feature that changes windows everytime the cursor hovers over a new window. I am using the touchpad, not a mouse. I have followed the published instructions of unclicking the "Activate a window by...
  3. Stopping cursor hovering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stopping cursor hovering: I have a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 Pro. I cannot turn off the hovering feature that changes windows everytime the cursor hovers over a new window. I am using the touchpad, not a mouse. I have followed the published instructions of unclicking the "Activate a window by...
  4. Stopping cursor hovering

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Laptop cursor moves but will not click on anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop cursor moves but will not click on anything: Hi. My laptop cursor suddenly doesn’t click on anything as it should. It moves perfectly as usual but will not click on anything in the laptop menu or on pictures etc- anything. Also, when I move the cursor it draws a kind of box shape the size of which changes depending upon...
  6. Laptop cursor moves but will not click on anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop cursor moves but will not click on anything: Hi. My laptop cursor suddenly doesn’t click on anything as it should. It moves perfectly as usual but will not click on anything in the laptop menu or on pictures etc- anything. Also, when I move the cursor it draws a kind of box shape the size of which changes depending upon...
  7. My cursor is jerking and not clicking

in Cortana
    My cursor is jerking and not clicking: My cursor gets stuck and then it does not go smoothly and it's jerking every now and then. And I can't click anything either. Please help me I really need help fast...
  8. I'm not ever hovering my cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm not ever hovering my cursor: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/rober283829 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l4jv0y/im_not_ever_hovering_my_cursor/
  9. Mouse Clicks and Hovering not registering.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse Clicks and Hovering not registering.: Don't really know how else to describe it, but ever since I played the Master Chief Collection on steam about an hour ago, my mouse has been basically nonfunctional. It would work on some windows, but almost all windows processes, including the Taskbar and desktop, nothing...
  10. Remove "click by hovering".

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove "click by hovering".: I've recently got a new PC with Windows 10 Home on it. There is this feature where if you leave the cursor hovering over something clickable for a few seconds it will automatically click it. I only use the touchpad not a mouse. I want to turn this feature off but I can't...