Windows 10: Cursor takes a while to start moving. Not sure why.

Discus and support Cursor takes a while to start moving. Not sure why. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So, I just got a new laptop, the new Dell XPS 13 2-in-1, and I have noticed something that I had also experienced on an older laptop, some old HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AaronMorgan1030, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Cursor takes a while to start moving. Not sure why.

So, I just got a new laptop, the new Dell XPS 13 2-in-1, and I have noticed something that I had also experienced on an older laptop, some old HP laptop, that I was using years ago. Whenever I go to move the cursor, after not using it for a few seconds, with either the track pad or the Bluetooth mouse that I have, it takes a few seconds of moving the mouse around or moving my finger around on the track pad for the cursor to start moving. for the most part it doesn't bother me, but when I, say go to search something on Google, and I can't immediately move the cursor and click on the search result, it gets annoying. Before I got this laptop, I was using the previous gen Dell XPS 13, not the 2-in-1, and I did not have this issue whatsoever and I immediately would get cursor movement when I used both the track pad and the same mouse. I'm not sure if this is something as simple as a setting I can change within Windows, or if there is something wrong with the laptop itself. Thanks for the help.

:)

AaronMorgan1030, Jul 31, 2020
  2. pmoon66 Win User

CURSOR MOVES ON ITS OWN

I am so frustrated. Suddenly my cursor moves around the page on its own! while typing a letter or email, should I stop to check on something relative to my work and start typing again, only to find the cursor is in a totally different area than where
    I left off!! IT JUST HAPPENED WHILE TYPING THIS QUESTION 3 TIMES!! SOS!! PLEASE HELP!! Have I touched a key that told the cursor to move wherever?? I am not computer illiterate but no 'guru' for sure!! Any suggestions/comments will be so very appreciated.
    Thanks.

pmoon66, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Why can't i click while moving my cursor around?

I was recently playing a game and there was something wrong with my touchpad. For some reason, I couldn't click while moving my cursor, this is really annoying when playing a game. Can anyone help understand why this is happening?

ForgottenSheep, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Rose Ter Win User

Cursor takes a while to start moving. Not sure why.

Cursor moves to the left while I'm typing

Hi,

There are multiple factors that we can consider why you’re having this cursor issue on your computer. We would recommend that you check the response of
    Azam K on this
    thread
    . This will provide you steps on how to run a complete virus scan and safe mode on your device.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Cursor takes a while to start moving. Not sure why.

1. Cursor takes a while to start moving. Not sure why. - Similar Threads - Cursor takes while

2. Why won't my cursor move while I press a key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my cursor move while I press a key?: I have a HP Pavilion x360 and I am trying to play some games that require me to press keys while moving/clicking the touch pad but my cursor won't move when I press a key. I have gone into settings and control panel trying to fix this myself from research but I can't find the...
  3. Why won't my cursor move while I press a key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't my cursor move while I press a key?: I have a HP Pavilion x360 and I am trying to play some games that require me to press keys while moving/clicking the touch pad but my cursor won't move when I press a key. I have gone into settings and control panel trying to fix this myself from research but I can't find the...
  4. Cursor started moving on it's own

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cursor started moving on it's own: Hello,My friend tried to download from sketchy website. It was a zip file, however never opened it, deleted right away. But 10 minutes later, cursor started moving on it's own, it wasn't like jumping/glitching, but it seemed like a human controlled smooth movement but it was...
  5. Cursor moves to the left by itself while typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor moves to the left by itself while typing: I've windows 10 and in the recent past, my keyboard and mouse cursor is acting crazy. Like when I use keys such as backspace, number keys above the letters number pad while typing cursor automatically jumps to the left and it is really frustrating when I'm writing an email....
  6. SSD Takes a While to Start Up

SSD Takes a While to Start Up: Hello, when I login to Windows my SSD drive (SanDisk Ultra 1TB) will sometimes not show up as accessible straight away and the whole system kind of gets stuck and when I try to open windows or folders nothing happens until the drive shows up. For example the drive is blank...
  7. SSD Takes a While to Start Up

SSD Takes a While to Start Up: Hello, when I login to Windows my SSD drive SanDisk Ultra 1TB will sometimes not show up as accessible straight away and the whole system kind of gets stuck and when I try to open windows or folders nothing happens until the drive shows up. For example the drive is blank as...
  8. Cursor moves jerky, why?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cursor moves jerky, why?: Hello, community, when i disconnect my gaming laptop from the net, my mouse cursor moves jerky, even though i set everything to performance preference. Ausus Gaming Rog 16 GB Ram RTX 2070 I7 9750h 120 Hz Monitor Can anyone help me? Thank you &...
  9. Moving cursor while typing

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving cursor while typing: When I am typing, emails, chat msgs, etc and I am careful to avoid the touchpad, my cursor will automatically move back to the front or middle of verbiage I have already typed, and cause over typing. 44976
  10. Cursor does not move while using keyboard.

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor does not move while using keyboard.: I've tried to disable Palmcheck but that did no good. If anyone has any idea how to solve this, it'd really help me out. Thanks. 9835