Windows 10: Cursor taskbar glitch

Discus and support Cursor taskbar glitch in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My cursor stops moving whenever I open context menu of an app on taskbar, and it resumes movement precisely when the animation finishes, sort of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by vhsjackson, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Cursor taskbar glitch

My cursor stops moving whenever I open context menu of an app on taskbar, and it resumes movement precisely when the animation finishes, sort of teleporting to where I was initially dragging it to. If I right click and move cursor higher, it lags and disappears behind the context menu. What could be the solution? I reinstalled my GPU driver, it didn't help.The same issue doesn't occur when I right click blank space. Any help would be appreciated

:)

vhsjackson, Jul 28, 2022
  2. DRDNA Win User

Video Thumbnail on Taskbar

The feature is called Taskbar preview and is not supposed to remain open after you remove the cursor from the icon. So it is working proper when it closes preview once the cursor is removed from the Taskbar icon.

EDIT: I have seen Taskbar preview stick and stay open before myself even after the cursor has been removed but that not suppose to happen and I don't know for sure why it happens in the first place but I'm guessing it has to do with memory running low .....

DRDNA, Jul 28, 2022
  3. Taskbar glitch

Hello Microsoft. I'm trying to help you by give some feedback about this new OS. I don't know if I'm doing this right, it's my first time posting here, but whatever.

Here's a glitch in Windows 10 that i found today, even though I don't know how to reproduce again:

Taskbar glitch

It's back to normal after I closed some windows.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for reading Cursor taskbar glitch ;)

Sérgio Oliveira, Jul 28, 2022
  4. flycaster Win User

Cursor taskbar glitch

Strange behavior from taskbar-cursor interaction?

Arezal, tried your suggestion. Seemed to work when in Firefox open screen, but as soon as I placed the cursor on the minimized Thunderbird icon, the taskbar disappeared and wouldn't reappear with cursor hover???

flycaster, Jul 28, 2022
Thema:

Cursor taskbar glitch

1. Cursor taskbar glitch - Similar Threads - Cursor taskbar glitch

2. Taskbar glitching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar glitching: My laptop's taskbar wouldnt load properly. My problem I've been playing VALORANT and I've been changing the resolution of the game NOT IN THE WINDOWS 11 SETTINGS and it all seemed good. I use alt + tab to switch windows, Then 2 days ago my taskbar wouldnt even load properly....
  3. Glitching taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Glitching taskbar: Hello I have been having an issue with my taskbar, it's been glitching. As you can see in the images bellow it happens in the desktop, and when I go fullscreen it hovers above the program that I'm using, Also I canno't take a screenshot of the problem, as in the print it...
  4. Glitching taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Glitching taskbar: Hello I have been having an issue with my taskbar, it's been glitching. As you can see in the images bellow it happens in the desktop, and when I go fullscreen it hovers above the program that I'm using, Also I canno't take a screenshot of the problem, as in the print it...
  5. Glitching taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Cursor taskbar glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor taskbar glitch: My cursor stops moving whenever I open context menu of an app on taskbar, and it resumes movement precisely when the animation finishes, sort of teleporting to where I was initially dragging it to. If I right click and move cursor higher, it lags and disappears behind the...
  7. Cursor taskbar glitch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor taskbar glitch: My cursor stops moving whenever I open context menu of an app on taskbar, and it resumes movement precisely when the animation finishes, sort of teleporting to where I was initially dragging it to. If I right click and move cursor higher, it lags and disappears behind the...
  8. Taskbar glitching?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar glitching?: When I right click pinned apps on my taskbar, it seems glitched. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-glitching/2e55acfd-4386-4170-bdf8-3362a7947336
  9. Animated cursor glitching

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Animated cursor glitching: Hello everyone this is my first post here. I have been using an animated cursor called Night Diamond for over a year. No problems. Then Windows 10 version 1809 came, and my cursor is now works like a png image, sometimes it shows signs of trying to show animations, but it...
  10. Taskbar glitch?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar glitch?: I was ending tasks on Task Manager to remove my hard drive, when the taskbar glitched and now it looks like it has doubled, but the icons stay at the top: [ATTACH] Any ideas?...