Windows 10: Cursor temporarily freezes when I hit return

Discus and support Cursor temporarily freezes when I hit return in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I've just upgraded to win10 and I've got a problem (the only on e I've noticed) that the cursor freezes everytime I hit return or tab off the active... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by philjw, Oct 18, 2015.

1. philjw Win User

Cursor temporarily freezes when I hit return

I've just upgraded to win10 and I've got a problem (the only on e I've noticed) that the cursor freezes everytime I hit return or tab off the active cell/field etc.
    The cursor, mouse and left and right click options freeze for a second or so. The cursor disappears. It happens on every action. It behaves lie this irrespective of which application I am using (including browser based apps).
    As an example when I click off this page to scroll down to the send button I have to wait.

I'm looking for ideas of how to track down what's wrong

:)

philjw, Oct 18, 2015

2. Cursor temporarily freezes when the keyboard is used on my laptop.

So I just got an old Hp Elitebook 8570p running windows 10, and I noticed that if I press any keys on my keyboard while using the touch pad, my cursor stops moving for about a second. I've checked the touch pad settings a few times and I haven't found
    anything that seems to fix this. Any suggestions?

MulliganOn, Oct 18, 2015
  3. Cursor temporarily freezes when the keyboard is used on my laptop.

Hi Mulligan,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with keyboard and touchpad on Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if keyboard and touchpad driver is not installed properly or it is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

What is the make and model of the Computer?

Refer to the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to perform the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

1. Click on search bar next to Start Menu.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on
    Troubleshooting.

3. Click on View All on the left panel of the screen.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue still persist, refer to the below method.

Method 2: I suggest you to try to update the keyboard drivers and touchpad driver. Check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to update keyboard drivers from Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key

3. Expand Keyboards.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Step 2: Try updating touchpad drivers.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key

3. Expand Mice and other pointing devices.

4. Right click on the touchpad driver and click on Update Driver Software

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 18, 2015
Thema:

Cursor temporarily freezes when I hit return

1. Cursor temporarily freezes when I hit return - Similar Threads - Cursor temporarily freezes

2. When i am hitting enter it types 56, 565 similarly when i hit When i am hitting enter it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i am hitting enter it types 56, 565 similarly when i hit When i am hitting enter it...: When i am hitting enter it types 56, 565 similarly when i hit backspace key it types \\++ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-am-hitting-enter-it-types-56-565-similarly/10195f22-d857-4975-8ea5-a4c15d2af847
  3. When i am hitting enter it types 56, 565 similarly when i hit When i am hitting enter it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When i am hitting enter it types 56, 565 similarly when i hit When i am hitting enter it...: When i am hitting enter it types 56, 565 similarly when i hit backspace key it types \\++ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-am-hitting-enter-it-types-56-565-similarly/10195f22-d857-4975-8ea5-a4c15d2af847
  4. Cursor getting temporarily stuck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor getting temporarily stuck: Sometimes while I am using my laptop my cursor gets stuck and does not move for a few seconds. After a few seconds of attempting to jiggle the cursor with my mouse or trackpad, normal motion resumes. This issue occurs with both the trackpad on the laptop and the wireless USB...
  5. Cursor is freezing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor is freezing: I seem to have the cursor stick/freeze quite a lot. I googled for info and was told to go to the Control Panel and so on. I can't find the control panel! Can some one tell where it is? I have Windows 10 on a new Dell laptop. Sorry but I had to guess filling in where this...
  6. cursor returns to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    cursor returns to default: hi every time after restart or boot the cursor returns to default instead of what I had before https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-returns-to-default/151e0e64-169a-407e-aa83-a686b5ab53c1
  7. Cursor freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor freezing: I have windows 10. I have been experiencing my cursor freezing. I have to push the Window key and tab down to restart and I get it back. But it freezes up again , but takes usually about 20 minutes of using my computer. I have gone to "Device Manager" checked for updates on...
  8. Cursor Freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor Freeze: Windows 10, Dell laptop, has touch pad, use optical, corded mouse instead. About 2 weeks ago, my cursor began freezing. For example, if I run my cursor across the page, left to right, up to down, or diagonal, the direction doesn't seem to make a difference, while making that...
  9. Cursor freeze

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cursor freeze: EVERY TIME (which is almost every five minutes) your Virus/threat and Firewall/network programs run and when it does my computer freezes and the cursor disappears. It is extremely frustrating. It started several weeks ago and this did not happen before. PLEASE fix this...
  10. Explorer Freezes Temporarily When Creating a New or Renaming a Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Freezes Temporarily When Creating a New or Renaming a Folder: This has been happening recently. I can't say it is or is not related to the Anniversary Update. But when I create a new folder or rename an existing folder, the folder box will freeze for 30-60 seconds. Sometimes it will then function as normal, sometimes it will require me...