Windows 10: cursor too thick

Discus and support cursor too thick in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all,,,,,can you help please with this ?? when I use word or notebook or any other app that requires me to type, the flashing cursor that shows me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by donnylad, Dec 2, 2015.

1. donnylad Win User

cursor too thick

Hi all,,,,,can you help please with this ?? when I use word or notebook or any other app that requires me to type, the flashing cursor that shows me where I am on the page seems to have got a bit thick and I don't know how its happened.
    Is there anywhere I can alter it or do I have to put up with it.
    Thanks for any help.
    Len

:)

donnylad, Dec 2, 2015

2. Cursor thickness set to 20 at lock screen

Hello. I have previously had some problems. I had before messed with regedit, to try to change my default cursor. I messed something up but I then deleted my account on my computer, then re-made it. That, fixed the cursor problem, but not the cursor thickness.
    The thing is that It is not set to the thickness of 20 on file explorer etc, but it is only thick when i type my password into my computer. I know how to change the thickness of the cursor, but It is set to one. Thats the weird thing. I also tried disabling
    things, but im always open to a new idea. Thanks!

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers]

Flappychilly, Dec 2, 2015
  3. How to only make cursor size larger in Windows 10 with a 4k screen?

I found a cursor thickness slider bar.

Press the Win Key or click on the start button.

Click on the Gear Icon to go to settings.

Chose Ease of Access from the array of buttons.

Chose Other options from the tabs down the left.

Cursor thickness should be the 4th setting down the list.

WAhydrohead, Dec 2, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

cursor too thick

Brink, Dec 2, 2015
  5. donnylad Win User
    Thanks Brink ,,that's solved it..easy when you know how.
    Len

donnylad, Dec 2, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome Len. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

cursor too thick

1. cursor too thick - Similar Threads - cursor too thick

2. Side taskbar on windows is way too thick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Side taskbar on windows is way too thick: I occasionally have to move my taskbar to the left or right of my screen, but when I do that, it becomes extremely thick. Like 3 or 4x the typical width, for no clear reason. Is there any way to change this?...
  3. Side taskbar on windows is way too thick

in Windows 10 Customization
    Side taskbar on windows is way too thick: I occasionally have to move my taskbar to the left or right of my screen, but when I do that, it becomes extremely thick. Like 3 or 4x the typical width, for no clear reason. Is there any way to change this?...
  4. Side taskbar on windows is way too thick

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows Dialog Box Top Frame Too Thick

Windows Dialog Box Top Frame Too Thick: Hi Everyone, I have issue with my windows dialog box top frame and all applications dialog box top frame, they are very thick. Is there a way to reduce it? Thank you. [ATTACH]...
  6. taskbar / taskband combined app tabbed preview too thick

taskbar / taskband combined app tabbed preview too thick: I'm struggling with the taskbar / task band combined app preview tabs being too thick. Previously I was able to fit about 37-38-39 preview tabs on the stack in 4k. Now I am unable to fit more than 29-30 and have to scroll through that list. Does anyone know how to...
  7. The bold font too thick after changing the system font.

The bold font too thick after changing the system font.: Hey! I was wondering why after changing the system font style to a custom font using the registry method, the bold variation of the font across my system was *really* thick refer to examples. Even websites like Instagram shows the bold names as really thick even when the...
  8. Mouse cursor too big

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse cursor too big: Hi all, Mouse cursor in Windows 10 scales with the display size. If we go to display -> scale and layout, and we set 100, 125, 150% etc size we get the respected pointer size - the bigger the size the larger the mouse cursor. This is quite logical except when we want to to...
  9. Excel 2003 vba editor blinking cursor thickness

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel 2003 vba editor blinking cursor thickness: I run excel 2003 on windows 10. Since upgrading to win 10 from win 7, the blinking cursor in excel 2003's VBAeditor in almost impossible to see (too thin). I have - via Control Centre / Ease of access / Make the computer easier to use- progressively increased the blinking...
  10. Change Text Cursor Thickness in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Text Cursor Thickness in Windows 10: How to: Change Text Cursor Thickness in Windows 10 How to Change Text Cursor Thickness in Windows 10 The cursor is that blinking line at the end of what you are typing in Windows. If you have a high screen resolution or your vision is not as good as it used to be,...