Windows 10: Cursor uncontrollable

Discus and support Cursor uncontrollable in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The cursor jumps around interfering with my work and my web viewing. While using the browser, the cursor will change pages, click on ads, make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NancySte, Sep 25, 2019.

1. NancySte Win User

Cursor uncontrollable

The cursor jumps around interfering with my work and my web viewing. While using the browser, the cursor will change pages, click on ads, make selections through its uncontrollable movement. I am using a brand new laptop with the latest Windows 10.

I have tried:

1. Adjusting the Mouse device settings.= even though I do not use a mouse.

2. Adjusting the touchpad settings.

The driver does not need to be updates according to the computer.

I have searched the internet seeking a resolution. The problem is widespread.

I need a solution.

:)

NancySte, Sep 25, 2019

2. Floating and uncontrolable curser.

Hi,

We'd like to know more about your concern regarding the uncontrollable cursor when playing games. Please answer the following:

• Have you made recent changes to the settings or installed updates prior to this issue?
    • Aside from gaming, is the issue also happening when navigating to other programs?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you tried using a different mouse to check if the same issue will occur?
    We look forward to your response.

Jennifer Cha, Sep 25, 2019
  3. drifting / uncontrollable cursor

Hi,

Regarding your issue with your mouse cursor, we suggest that you follow the steps provided by Ratandeep on this thread:

Mouse drifting and not working properly.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Sep 25, 2019
  4. deeneecy Win User

Cursor uncontrollable

cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Cursor uncontrollable

1. Cursor uncontrollable - Similar Threads - Cursor uncontrollable

2. Black screen after login, only cursor appears.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after login, only cursor appears.: I had to refresh my laptop and after I login in I get a black screen with only the cursor appearing. It seems to stay black for possibly 5 minutes.I did CTRL+ALT+DELETE and only the task manager appeared.I also did Windows+CTRL+SHIFT+B and got a beep sound when I did I also...
  3. Black screen after login, only cursor appears.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after login, only cursor appears.: I had to refresh my laptop and after I login in I get a black screen with only the cursor appearing. It seems to stay black for possibly 5 minutes.I did CTRL+ALT+DELETE and only the task manager appeared.I also did Windows+CTRL+SHIFT+B and got a beep sound when I did I also...
  4. Black screen after login, only cursor appears.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. The cursor does not follow mouse movements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The cursor does not follow mouse movements: I have applied all the recommended solutions, that is:* change batteries* change surface* change mouse* reboot PCThe only recommendation I have not applied is "to go back to the installation in which the mouse was acting appropriately", since then I should only use bare...
  6. Laptop mousepad makes the cursor move uncontrollably.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop mousepad makes the cursor move uncontrollably.: My Asus X55VD worked perfectly when I shut it down, but when I turned it on the mousepad just did not work fine.Whenever I put my finger on it, it makes the cursor move uncontrollably, its hard to even press the start button.I tried taking it apart and cleaning it, I checked...
  7. Page uncontrollably scrolls vertically and horizontally when cursor hovers over.

Page uncontrollably scrolls vertically and horizontally when cursor hovers over.: Preface: The problem is happening on a desktop. I am using Windows 10. I am using a wired mouse from Logitech. Issue: When the pointer is hovering over the Windows/Start Menu, the mouse automatically scrolls down until it hits rock bottom. If I have the pointer...
  8. Malware / virus - mouse cursor uncontrollably moving around at high speed clicking on...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware / virus - mouse cursor uncontrollably moving around at high speed clicking on...: I have an issue with the cursor. It moves all around at a rapid speed and clicks on everything. It might be a malware virus because Microsoft couldn't identify it and neither could my paid antivirus/malware security software or my internet provider. ,,Accept answer...
  9. Cursor scrolls uncontrollably.

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor scrolls uncontrollably.: This is a recent happening. I have no idea how it came about. I start the computer, and as soon as I place the cursor to type (applications, search boxes, etc.) it scrolls by itself to whatever boundary the placement has. I looked this up and found this discussion....
  10. uncontrollable cursor

uncontrollable cursor: Hi all, the problem I am having is my cursor moves all over the screen and is hard to control when a page is loading like ebay or youtube, it is a Lenovo laptop running windows 10, hope someone can help....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uncontrollable cursor in windows 10

2. windows 10 cursor uncontrollable