Windows 10: Cursor wont move when I press a key on my keyboard.

Discus and support Cursor wont move when I press a key on my keyboard. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My mouse cursor wont move when I press a key, I noticed this after creating a new Profile on my Laptop and tried to play a game but couldn't move and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Scar09, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Scar09 Win User

Cursor wont move when I press a key on my keyboard.

My mouse cursor wont move when I press a key, I noticed this after creating a new Profile on my Laptop and tried to play a game but couldn't move and use my mouse at the same time

:)

Scar09, Jul 13, 2021

2. Equals Key Wont Work

We suggest that you update the keyboard driver. You may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X key on the keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboards.
    • Click on the driver and click on Update Driver Software.
    • Click on Next and follow the steps in the wizard that appears.

Keep us posted.

Michael Gall, Jul 13, 2021
  3. duhasian Win User
    I can't move cursor while pressing a key

I recently upgraded Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.0. I have tried reinstalling Synaptics, removing and uninstalling Synaptics, disabling palmcheck, but it wouldn't work. It's annoying when you are playing a game that requires moving while pressing keys on your keyboard. I also have Synaptics 7.5 (19.0.10). The only way I can move my mouse while pressing any key is pressing (any key) + shift. Any ideas or suggestions would be highly appreciated.

duhasian, Jul 13, 2021
  4. Time Lady Win User

Cursor moves when pressing direction keys

Try turning scroll lock to ‘On’.

Press the Windows key on your keyboard & in the box that appears, type Ease of Access mouse settings and press enter.

In the Mouse Keys section, toggle the switch under ‘Use numeric pad to move mouse around the screen’ to ‘Off’.

Press Alt+F4 to exit this menu.

Or:

Press Windows Key + R to open the Run box & type ms-settings: and press enter.

In your Settings window, the text cursor is already in the search box. Type "mouse keys." Press the down arrow on your keyboard to select the first suggestion, ‘Control the mouse pointer with the keyboard’.

Click enter & The Ease of Use settings for your mouse is opened, then to turn off Mouse Keys to use the numeric keypad to move the mouse pointer. Press Space to toggle the button to the off.

Time Lady, Jul 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Cursor wont move when I press a key on my keyboard. - Similar Threads - Cursor wont move

2. Why won't my cursor move while I press a key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my cursor move while I press a key?: I have a HP Pavilion x360 and I am trying to play some games that require me to press keys while moving/clicking the touch pad but my cursor won't move when I press a key. I have gone into settings and control panel trying to fix this myself from research but I can't find the...
  3. Why won't my cursor move while I press a key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't my cursor move while I press a key?: I have a HP Pavilion x360 and I am trying to play some games that require me to press keys while moving/clicking the touch pad but my cursor won't move when I press a key. I have gone into settings and control panel trying to fix this myself from research but I can't find the...
  4. my keyboard wont press!

my keyboard wont press!: OMG WHAT HAPPENED MY KEYBOARD CANT BE PRESSED :' !!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-wont-press/2cd642a2-023d-4d5a-b08f-973e093349e4
  5. i can't move my cursor when i'm holding a key on the keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't move my cursor when i'm holding a key on the keyboard: when i'm holding a keyword like example the word 'W' the cursor just stay on it's place like it's not allowed to move, but when i release the key it work properly. i have updated my windows and updated tools given from an office support but that didn't solve my problem...
  6. i can't move my cursor when i'm holding a key on the keyboard

i can't move my cursor when i'm holding a key on the keyboard: when i'm holding a keyword like example the word 'W' the cursor just stay on it's place like it's not allowed to move, but when i release the key it work properly. i have updated my windows and updated tools given from an office support but that didn't solve my problem...
  7. i can't move my cursor when i'm holding a key on the keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. cursor not moving when key is pressed

in Windows 10 Customization
    cursor not moving when key is pressed: I have a windows 10 pro, and a synaptics touchpad V1.3 on smb port https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-not-moving-when-key-is-pressed/62551264-ba48-478f-acb8-d4db9290fb89
  9. My cursor stops moving when i hold down a key on my keyboard!!!

My cursor stops moving when i hold down a key on my keyboard!!!: I was trying to do some light gaming on my laptop, when i noticed that my touchpad does not work at the same time as pressing or holding down any key on my keyboard. This would make it impossible for me to do any sort of gaming. I am using a HP Elitebook 745 G3, I have...
  10. I can't move cursor while pressing a key

I can't move cursor while pressing a key: I recently upgraded Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.0. I have tried reinstalling Synaptics, removing and uninstalling Synaptics, disabling palmcheck, but it wouldn't work. It's annoying when you are playing a game that requires moving while pressing keys on your keyboard. I also...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard cursor does not move