Windows 10: Custom Build - Random Occasional Restarts

Discus and support Custom Build - Random Occasional Restarts in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I built my own computer for the first time a couple months ago. I've been having occasional random restarts and have been having trouble tracking down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by B-Valen, May 3, 2020.

1. B-Valen Win User

Custom Build - Random Occasional Restarts

I built my own computer for the first time a couple months ago. I've been having occasional random restarts and have been having trouble tracking down information for troubleshooting it. As far as I can tell it hasn't been an overheating problem as I tend to sit around 33-40C under casual load & 45-55C while in World of Warcraft with graphics almost maxed. It has only reset while playing games maybe 2-3 times, but I've encountered it during casual workload probably like 10-15 times. I have 4 intake fans in the bottom rear 2 on each side, 2 exhaust fans 1 in front top & 1 in rear top, CPU fan blowing straight up through the heatsink and out the top front exhaust, and one fan center front below the CPU pushing up into the CPU fan. I do have 2 computers on the same power strip/breaker but only the one computer is having this issue. All parts were bought brand new and building it was a breeze with some reading and instruction following. : Besides this issue the computer has run very well and I have been very proud of my first build, but obviously I could use a little assistance from someone more knowledgeable than myself Custom Build - Random Occasional Restarts :p

Here is my build in pcpartpicker as well as a picture mid-build and a video of the finished product, just to give somewhat of an idea of the layout.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tqYpB...RvBsnQfCNsI6gtBo7AnlIj1IRcOO3scF5s94x4xlZughY *Part List*

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10221416302896378&set=a.2518197673631 *Photo Mid-Build Open Front*

https://www.facebook.com/brandoncvalentine/videos/10221462446649943 *Video Showing Finished Build Closed Front*

No blue screen or errors pop up, it acts completely like I went and clicked "Restart" except for the Event Viewer registering the error when it turns back on. Keyboard & Monitor go black for a second but the lights inside of my tower stay active throughout the process. Computer is used quite frequently, like any spare time I have Custom Build - Random Occasional Restarts :p I am showing 4 of these critical errors in Event Viewer on the following dates just to give an idea of how often it's happening though this is not all of them I'm sure because it has happened more than 4 times. *03/16 - 04/22 - 04/26 - 05/03*

This is probably way to much information, but just trying to be thorough. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The event log:

"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

-System

-Provider
    [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
    [ Guid] {331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}
    EventID41
    Version6
    Level1
    Task63
    Opcode0
    Keywords0x8000400000000002
    -TimeCreated
    [ SystemTime] 2020-05-03T16:57:28.658819400Z
    EventRecordID15059
    Correlation
    -Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
    [ ThreadID] 8
    ChannelSystem
    ComputerDESKTOP-3FEV58R
    -Security
    [ UserID] S-1-5-18
    -EventData

BugcheckCode0
    BugcheckParameter10x0
    BugcheckParameter20x0
    BugcheckParameter30x0
    BugcheckParameter40x0
    SleepInProgress0
    PowerButtonTimestamp0
    BootAppStatus0
    Checkpoint41
    ConnectedStandbyInProgressfalse
    SystemSleepTransitionsToOn1
    CsEntryScenarioInstanceId0
    BugcheckInfoFromEFIfalse
    CheckpointStatus0

:)

B-Valen, May 3, 2020

2. random restarts

Hi,

If a Windows computer random restarts, the device usually have some damaged system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps was already performed to your laptop?

In the meantime, it will be best to make sure that the latest update of Windows is installed on your device. If the same issue happens after installing Windows Update, we suggest running the power troubleshooter. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search bar at the upper-right corner, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting and then select System and Security.
    • Click on Power and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, May 3, 2020
  3. random restarts

Hi Lili,

Hardware failure or system instability can cause the computer to
    randomly restarts. As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter on your computer and check if it fixes the issue. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems look for
      Power.
    • Then Run the troubleshooter.

Update us with the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Marilou Ser, May 3, 2020
  4. Arrakis9 Win User

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, May 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Custom Build - Random Occasional Restarts - Similar Threads - Custom Build Random

2. Random PC Restarts new PC build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random PC Restarts new PC build: Hello, my PC randomly restarts usually shortly after coming out of sleep/hibernation or after just being turned on.There is no blue screen and when I go into the event view it shows Event ID: 41 Task Category 63 Kernel-Power.After doing some hardware testing re-seating all...
  3. Random PC Restarts new PC build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random PC Restarts new PC build: Hello, my PC randomly restarts usually shortly after coming out of sleep/hibernation or after just being turned on.There is no blue screen and when I go into the event view it shows Event ID: 41 Task Category 63 Kernel-Power.After doing some hardware testing re-seating all...
  4. Random PC Restarts new PC build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Random BSODs happening occasionally

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSODs happening occasionally: Hello, As mentioned in the title, I recently had problems with my laptop. It started to bluescreen starting from last week and it has been happening a few times during the week. When it occurs, the error code is cut off, so I have to look it up through event viewer which...
  6. Random BSODs happening occasionally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs happening occasionally: Hello, As mentioned in the title, I recently had problems with my laptop. It started to bluescreen starting from last week and it has been happening a few times during the week. When it occurs, the error code is cut off, so I have to look it up through event viewer which...
  7. Win10 occasionally fails to restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 occasionally fails to restart: Good day My windows version number is 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1081) On a few occasions (i'd say once or twice a week) win10 fails to restart properly and it just hangs indefinately whereby i have to force restart. I'm unsure what causes it and since it only happens a few times...
  8. New PC restarts randomly and occasionally gets BSOD

New PC restarts randomly and occasionally gets BSOD: Hey this pc is brand new just built it Christmas and since building it ive been getting random restarts and BSOD I've updated drivers ran MEmtest to rule out a ram problem i dont know what it could be any help would be appreciated when i get a BSOD the error code i get is...
  9. Random Restart On New Build

Random Restart On New Build: Greetings, friends. I recently put together a new system (RTX 3090, AMD 5900X, Seasonic 850 PSU, X570 MB) on a Windows 10 Pro system. Everything is new, including M.2, and RAM). I'm not getting a BSOD, but I am randomly restarting, so I'm concern it may be a hardware...
  10. BSOD on custom build

BSOD on custom build: Hello, Ever since yesterday in mid afternoon, my computer will not load Resolume despite it working most of the day prior. Each time I run the program, it shuts down before it can even open fully. The system says that an error has occurred and that Windows will update me...