Windows 10: Custom Build w/ Windows 10 "Crash" - Can Still Interact w/ Windows

Discus and support Custom Build w/ Windows 10 "Crash" - Can Still Interact w/ Windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, thank you in advance for any suggestions/recommendations! I have a custom-built computer, and lately have been experiencing a weird... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SeanCasey96, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Custom Build w/ Windows 10 "Crash" - Can Still Interact w/ Windows

Hello everyone, thank you in advance for any suggestions/recommendations!

I have a custom-built computer, and lately have been experiencing a weird freezing issue that typically happens randomly. Sometimes it will happen twice in a day, sometimes once a week. The computer begins to lock up (if I'm watching YouTube the video will begin skipping), I can still interact with the computer (move mouse, move windows around, type in fields), but anything in the taskbar will be frozen. Attempting to close windows or restart the computer does nothing. The start menu can be opened, but clicking on restart does nothing and changes the cursor to a loading cursor. The only way to clear this is to hard reset it by holding the power button. I had a call on Teams with a coworker and my computer crashed, I could hear him still speaking, but he could not hear me.

EventViewer shows nothing but DCOM warnings up until the "crash".

Seems to only have been an issue in the past few months with recent Windows updates.

Here are the things I've tried...
    - Complete clean re-install of Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit.
    - Checked Event Viewer leading up to the crash only some DCOM warnings and RPC Events.
    - Used 'WhoCrashed' program to analyze crash dumps, apparently not crash dumps are available.
    - Swapped M.2 SSDs in between installs to rule out issues with SSD.
    - Run sfc /scannow, found integrity violations before and after reinstall, did not fix freezing issue.
    - Complete memory diagnostics using MemTest86, no errors found.
    - Turned off hardware acceleration in Google Chrome.
    - BIOS up to date.
    - M.2 SSDs firmware up to date.

- Followed guide at below link by SirMoloth

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...9-f48997a1c1c4

See attached for Speccy. Below Windows information.

Edition Windows 10 Pro
    Version 20H2
    Version: 10.0.19042 Build 19042
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

:)

SeanCasey96, Jan 13, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 13, 2021
  4. felipaopl Win User

Custom Build w/ Windows 10 "Crash" - Can Still Interact w/ Windows

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

Wait, but have you done the whole step-by-step guide described in the OP? DDL/DTS isn't supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 either, unless if you do the steps listed there.

felipaopl, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Custom Build w/ Windows 10 "Crash" - Can Still Interact w/ Windows

1. Custom Build w/ Windows 10 "Crash" - Can Still Interact w/ Windows - Similar Threads - Custom Build Crash

2. Automatically open notifications w/o user interaction?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatically open notifications w/o user interaction?: Is there a script someone has for something like this? submitted by /u/ItalianDon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tyduf0/automatically_open_notifications_wo_user/
  3. W-10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W-10: Установил и активировал В 10 и теперь сожалею об этом,работает медленно и часто слетает активация,ошибок не находит. У меня достаточно хороший комп. и нет ни желания ни средств из за плохо работающей программы менять его. Весь этот переход на десятку очень похож на...
  4. Upgrade w 7 to W 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade w 7 to W 10: Hello, Cannot upgrade w 7 to w 10 getrs locked to infinite 0 does not move even after severasl hours akso try differently by placing the ESO on the desktop and uploading after, still the same result How can this work normally ? Please hlep Thank you...
  5. Network access permission problem w/ Windows 10 build 1803

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network access permission problem w/ Windows 10 build 1803: Two identical computers on an ethernet network, both running Windows 10 Pro 64b build 1803. Each can see the other on the network. Computer 2 can access shared directories on computer 1, but no.1 is denied access to no.2 with the familiar "you don't have permission..."...
  6. Still No Up-grade to W-10!

Still No Up-grade to W-10!: I have "reserved" up-dating to W10 . . .. After all of this time, nothing has happened . . .. When is the end date for this? 21059
  7. Updating W 10

Updating W 10: Does anyone know how the windows updating will be done on 10? Will we have a choice to update or not. 3930
  8. Windows uPDATE IN W 10

Windows uPDATE IN W 10: How do you reset windows update, it hung in downloading an update. 18013
  9. Upgrade to W 10 from W 8 NOT W 8.1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to W 10 from W 8 NOT W 8.1: I have a silly problem. I run W 8 on my desktop computer but have never been able to upgrade to W 8.1 as I have never been able to open Windows Store, despite multiple solutions none of which have worked. The only solution of reinstalling W 8 has not appealed! I am happy with...
  10. Is Custom Refresh Image Functionality Gone In W-10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is Custom Refresh Image Functionality Gone In W-10?: Just as the title says. My windows 10 systems says "Recimg" is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. What's the story? 12803