Windows 10: Custom built PC reboots during triple AAA Games

Discus and support Custom built PC reboots during triple AAA Games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I built my own PC about 6 months ago. Since then I have been unable to play any triple AAA titles, such as, Fenyx Immortals Rising, Cyberpunk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Wisetrees1, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Custom built PC reboots during triple AAA Games

Hi,

I built my own PC about 6 months ago. Since then I have been unable to play any triple AAA titles, such as, Fenyx Immortals Rising, Cyberpunk 2077, and even small steam games like Valheim. I can play other games like Apex legend, Valorant and Age of Empires. But tripple AAA don't work.

What happens?

The computer get's into the game for 3 seconds, or at the launch screen and crashes, not to the desktop but it reboots instead.

-----

I have tried evey possible solution that I can find the internet:

1. Uninstalled and reinstalled with DDU all drivers more than 10 times

2. Uninstalled and reinstalled Windows more than 10 times

3. Verified gamee files both on steam and epic games launcher

4. turned off all overlays

5. tried configuring bios settings, updating bios, and setting to optimised defaults

6. Set power plan to high performance

7. Used Memtest86 mutiple times without any problems

8 tried using MSI afterburner to no avail

9. Troubleshooting every possible problem on Windows

10. Ran Sfc/Scannow and DISM on CMD prompt

11. Unistalled and reinstalled all the gamees listed above

I have swapped by PSU, CPU and MOBO out and thesee aree my specs now:

1. Motherboard: ROG Crosshair VIII Formula

2. CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x

3. RAM: Corsair LPX vengeance 2x8gb

4. Graphics card: RX 5700

5, PSU: Corsair HX 1000 W 80+ Platinum

6. Have 5 fans included in mid size case, including Chromax black cooler

I really need help here, as I am at my witts end with this.

:)

Wisetrees1, Apr 5, 2021

2. all AAA games implayable

Your problem is the 100% disk usage, not the game. We will need to see your full list of processes that you have running in the background. Please create a list of all running processes after your PC boots up and is idle for 5 minutes.

I had a similar issue, but not w/ games, 100% Disk usage could be caused by a bad driver, a back ground task running like Cortona or by you changing your swap file settings. I suggest that you put your swap file back to automatic. (Swap not being Automatic
    was my problem).

Make a list of all the hardware connected on your motherboard. Video card, Audio card, Chipset, and then go to their websites and download their latest drivers.

Also consider looking at the link below

Windows 10 100% disk usage in Task Manager [SOLVED] - Driver Easy

JCCrenshaw, Apr 5, 2021
  3. all AAA games implayable

Hi,

In order for us to provide the appropriate troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue, we'd like to clarify the following:

• Are you also experiencing this issue when playing other games?
    • Does the Disk still shows 100% even if there's no application running the in the background?
    • Are you also experiencing lags when performing basic task?
    We look forward to your response.

Jennifer Cha, Apr 5, 2021
  4. 20mmrain Win User

Custom built PC reboots during triple AAA Games

Comfortably PC gaming from the couch suggestions.

Well guys I would like to hear some good suggestions for comfortably PC gaming from the couch. I have searched this forum and others and I can't believe that in 2014 there is still not a good way of doing this.

So please whether your suggestion is an Xbox controller, flat portable table top, or you have pictures of a custom design.... Shoot over your suggestions. Because PC gaming comfortably from the couch is on my new years resolution list. I will find away to do it this year.

Thanks.

20mmrain, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

Custom built PC reboots during triple AAA Games

1. Custom built PC reboots during triple AAA Games - Similar Threads - Custom built reboots

2. PC Randomly Rebooting During Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Randomly Rebooting During Gaming: GPU: GIGABYTE RX7800XT - Driver 23.10.01.10CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x - Chipset 5.08.02.027Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4 - BIOS P4.90RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB 2 x 8 GB DDR4-3200PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold 750 W 80+ GoldOS: Windows 11 Pro - 10.0.22631 Build...
  3. PC Randomly Rebooting During Gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Randomly Rebooting During Gaming: GPU: GIGABYTE RX7800XT - Driver 23.10.01.10CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x - Chipset 5.08.02.027Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4 - BIOS P4.90RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB 2 x 8 GB DDR4-3200PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold 750 W 80+ GoldOS: Windows 11 Pro - 10.0.22631 Build...
  4. PC reboots during heavy gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC reboots during heavy gaming: Hello, I recently encountered reboots in the middle of my gaming session - Fortnite and BF 2042 specifically. My GPU drivers are up-to-date, I reinstalled both games and launchers and still reboots. Sometimes after ten minutes, sometimes after half an hour. I tried lowering...
  5. PC reboots during heavy gaming

PC reboots during heavy gaming: Hello, I recently encountered reboots in the middle of my gaming session - Fortnite and BF 2042 specifically. My GPU drivers are up-to-date, I reinstalled both games and launchers and still reboots. Sometimes after ten minutes, sometimes after half an hour. I tried lowering...
  6. PC reboots during heavy gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Custom Built PC in a Reboot Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Built PC in a Reboot Loop: Hi all,I recently built this PC.Unsure if it is worth noting but the PC initially worked and had Windows installed, but when going to check the activation status of Windows, this reboot loop begun.I am now attempting to install Windows via USB onto the NVME which I had...
  8. Custom Built PC in a Reboot Loop

Custom Built PC in a Reboot Loop: Hi all,I recently built this PC.Unsure if it is worth noting but the PC initially worked and had Windows installed, but when going to check the activation status of Windows, this reboot loop begun.I am now attempting to install Windows via USB onto the NVME which I had...
  9. Custom Built PC in a Reboot Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Motherboard upgrade to custom built gaming PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Motherboard upgrade to custom built gaming PC: Hey,I'm upgrading my CPU and motherboard and I wanted to get info on what to expect for the first time boot.My Windows version is Win10 for Education, received for free from OnTheHub.com. I built this PC in December of 2018 and had no major issues.My current specs are: CPU:...