Windows 10: Custom color profile

Discus and support Custom color profile in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I installed two color profiles for my monitor and got them to work perfectly fine. At first, I had an option within the display settings to quickly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/eaw0913, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Custom color profile

I installed two color profiles for my monitor and got them to work perfectly fine. At first, I had an option within the display settings to quickly choose between them and I could see an instant change on my desktop. After restarting my computer, I no longer have that option in the settings and going to color management doesn’t seem to change anything at all (even after changing my default profile around). Am I missing something?

submitted by /u/eaw0913
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/eaw0913, Mar 9, 2021
  2. GeneS Win User

Custom Color Profile lost on startup

Hello All,

I have created a color profile using a colorimeter which I then set as default. However whenever I restart my laptop the profile reverts to the original Windows default. It's strange, because upon startup the screen is using my custom profile but it reverts to the Windows default when startup is complete. I then go into Color Management to reset it and the profile is missing from the "Profiles associated with this device" list. I have to click on the "Add..." button and select it from the "Associate Color Profile" list and then reset it again as default.

I am using a Spyder2Pro to calibrate my monitor.

GeneS, Mar 9, 2021
  3. Unable to load custom ICC color profile in Windows 10

My monitor requires a custom ICC color profile to display correctly. Under Windows 8.1, I was able to load this using the Color Management utility. After upgrading to Windows 10, the utility appears the same, however, I'm unable to load the profile.

The process I've been using is:

• open Color Management
    • Under the "Advanced" tab, click "Change system defaults"
    • Under the "Devices" tab, click "Add..."
    • Click "Browse..." in the popup window and locate the custom profile file and click "add"
    Then nothing happens. Under Windows 8.1, the custom profile would appear under the list of "Profiles associated with this device", but not in Windows 10.

Any fixes for this?

Dabarnyarddawg, Mar 9, 2021
  4. bobkn Win User

Custom color profile

having trouble getting HDR color profile to be used

This may be a bit obscure, but I that someone out there can suggest a fix.

See my system listing for my hardware.

My system is HDR capable, and I have turned that on in settings.

I have produced a custom color profile my calibration using an X-Rite I1Display device and their I1Profiler software.

If I select that profile as default in Color Management, the display switches to the wrong colors about 15 seconds after I log in to Windows. (I can log out of the account and log back in, to the same effect. It obviously is not connected with a cold boot.)

I can manually re-select the custom file, and that will be applied after. (Until the next login.)

I'm probably doing something idiotic, but I haven't spotted it. Any suggestions?

Custom color profile [​IMG]

Custom color profile [​IMG]

bobkn, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

Custom color profile

1. Custom color profile - Similar Threads - Custom color profile

2. Color Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Color Profile: I have generated a color profile with Datacolor Spyder5. However, when I click on the Settings button I lose the profile and it reverts to no profile. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-profile/4157f91e-c68a-480c-ae23-034e94ba6740
  3. Color Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Color Profile: I have generated a color profile with Datacolor Spyder5. However, when I click on the Settings button I lose the profile and it reverts to no profile. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-profile/4157f91e-c68a-480c-ae23-034e94ba6740
  4. Custom ICC color profile sometimes does not get loaded on boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom ICC color profile sometimes does not get loaded on boot: Trying to fix this issue where sometimes I would start my computer up, and the color profile that I have doesn't get loaded. The only way to fix it is to restart my computer again. Anyone know how I can remedy this issue? This is the color profile in question:...
  5. Color profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color profile: I regularly calibrate my monitor using a Spyder colour calibrator. After the W10 1903 update, when I do a calibration the Color profile will not load, refer image. Checked with manufacturer and the cause is the W10 1903 update and advised a later patch Microsoft released a...
  6. Custom color filters

Custom color filters: I have been using the Windows 10 native "Invert" color filter at work so that I can read white text against a black background. The unfortunately consequence of this is that all the colors are inverted as well. (eg blue becomes orange, green becomes purple, etc) I am...
  7. Custom Color

Custom Color: If I try to use "Settings > Personalization > Colors > Custom Color", the color dialog opens and then the Settings window closes after a few seconds. I have tried this in high contrast and it does the same thing. Windows 10 1803. 122111
  8. Custom Colors

Custom Colors: Add up to 8 Custom Colors in Settings/Personalization/Colors with this Registry Script. [img] Copy the Code and Paste into Notepad and save as Accents.reg file Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00...
  9. Color Profile

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Color Profile: How to decide which color profile to use. Any thoughts? Is there any quick to tell. 96673
  10. Custom Color Profile lost on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Custom Color Profile lost on startup: Hello All, I have created a color profile using a colorimeter which I then set as default. However whenever I restart my laptop the profile reverts to the original Windows default. It's strange, because upon startup the screen is using my custom profile but it reverts to...