Windows 10: Custom Cursor extension for Android Windows 10

Discus and support Custom Cursor extension for Android Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ok so, I know that it isn't really a question, I just saw a locked question about it, so I'll type my reply here. I had the same question; How can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lur4, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Lur4 Win User

Custom Cursor extension for Android Windows 10

Ok so, I know that it isn't really a question, I just saw a locked question about it, so I'll type my reply here. I had the same question; How can I use Custom Cursor extention? I downloaded it, I did everything I could, I just couldn't use it.

And the answer is: U see that little puzzle on the right corner above? Right click on it, then click on "pin extension". You'll see a blue cursor. Just click on it, and u will be able to use it!

I hope i could help, also, I'm sorry if I made a mistake in grammar, English isn't my first language.

:)

2. Hopachi Win User

Custom Cursors

White dotted spinners for the Default Windows cursors (working and busy)
    dotted-spinner-white.zip

Previews:

Custom Cursor extension for Android Windows 10 [​IMG]

*jagged edges are due to GIF image compression, the actual cursors are smoother.

How to install:
    Extract/place the cursor files from zip in the cursor folder (usually C:\Windows\Cursors) then got to mouse pointer settings and browse for the installed files after selecting the working and busy states. Apply or even save the new scheme under a new name, to easily switch back between different cursors via the drop-down theme list:

Hopachi, Sep 13, 2020
  3. sadicus Win User
    CUSTOM file extensions and CUSTOM icon association?

Windows 10 keeps changing icons associated with custom file extensions. It seems arbitrary because some new file types do work, others work for a while then randomly change.

1. How to correctly create CUSTOM file extensions and have a CUSTOM icon associated to the extension?
    2. How to stop windows from changing the icons?
    Types-1.3.1 Extension Icon Editor by Frank Worsley was used.
    Types 2.6.2
    If "Linked class" is used the folder icon updates, but the file icon does not.

sadicus, Sep 13, 2020
  4. Hopachi Win User

Custom Cursors

A complete tutorial on changing mouse pointers can be found here:
    Mouse Pointers - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Installing a cursor theme
    :
    Complete cursor packs can include an install file (install.inf) right-click -> install should install the new mouse pointer theme entirely. To use the new theme, select it from the list: (Figure 2 -> Figure 3).

Changing or installing a cursor theme
    manually:
    To use the new cursor file(s) first unzip/open the downloaded file. There you find a folder and/or in that folder the needed files. Then you can place those (extracted) files, the static (*.cur), or animated files, in this case, (*.ani) anywhere you want (Windows cursors are placed in "C:\Windows\Cursors" so this might be the ideal place where you'll need to browse to the files).
    Figure 1:

You then need to access mouse settings from Control Panel -> Mouse or by right clicking on the Desktop -> Personalization
    Figure 2:

That will open the cursor settings then go to pointers:
    Figure 3:

You can double-click the ones needed to be changed or select each one and go to browse. Here we browse to our cursor folder needed (where you placed the extracted cursor files).
    Figure 4:

After all is changed you can even save (see below: select "save-as" and enter a theme name) the cursor theme (scheme) as a new scheme and the settings will be kept for later use, in case the cursors get changed by you or the Windows Themes.
    Figure 5:

That's it.

Hopachi, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Custom Cursor extension for Android Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Custom Cursor extension

2. Android Cursors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Android Cursors: Hi, I want Android cursors. Is there a ZIP to download Android Cursors with Animated Spinners and Alternate Selection? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/android-cursors/1af8f20a-ec1e-486c-9517-d06a22338b95
  3. Android Cursors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Android Cursors: Hi, I want Android cursors. Is there a ZIP to download Android Cursors with Animated Spinners and Alternate Selection? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/android-cursors/1af8f20a-ec1e-486c-9517-d06a22338b95
  4. Android Cursors

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. is it safe to use a custom cursor for windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    is it safe to use a custom cursor for windows 10?: im wondering if i could possibly use a custom cursor and be safe? from rw designer! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-use-a-custom-cursor-for-windows-10/658c063a-902b-4ea3-b1a4-4e182c0817be
  6. Windows 10 Custom Cursor Animation Bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Custom Cursor Animation Bug: Hi, I develop custom animated cursors as a part of my hobby as a graphic designer. They were all working fine 'till version 1809 update came in November 2018. Up until now, the bug is still persistent with the latest Windows version; 1909. Back before 1809, the animation on...
  7. Cursor Customization

Cursor Customization: I downloaded a custom cursor pack and have the folder of these in my download folder. Whenever I restart my laptop, however, the cursor resets to the default options. When I open the cursor dialogue box, it still has my custom cursors and selecting ok puts them back on. Is...
  8. Custom Cursors

Custom Cursors: [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] Information Thread related to self-made / custom cursors (mouse pointers). Following @Cliff S hint on moving my cursor thread from EightForums. New cursors may follow. Newer cursor...
  9. CUSTOM file extensions and CUSTOM icon association?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CUSTOM file extensions and CUSTOM icon association?: Windows 10 keeps changing icons associated with custom file extensions. It seems arbitrary because some new file types do work, others work for a while then randomly change. How to correctly create CUSTOM file extensions and have a CUSTOM icon associated to the extension?...
  10. Custom file extension not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Custom file extension not working on Windows 10: I added a custom file extension (".custom" for example) to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes, and set its value to "batfile", so it would run as a batch file. This works fine on all my machines, except the one running Windows 10. I get an error: "This app can't run on your...