Windows 10: custom cursors regularly reset

Discus and support custom cursors regularly reset in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use my own cursors, but Windows keeps resetting them to default every time I log in. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the login screen or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SylkRode, Apr 11, 2016.

1. SylkRode Win User

custom cursors regularly reset

I use my own cursors, but Windows keeps resetting them to default every time I log in. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the login screen or something, but it's getting really annoying.

:)

SylkRode, Apr 11, 2016

2. CUSTOM CURSORS

I want to change to a custom cursor theme. I've found what I want and downloaded it. Now, how do I install it in Windows 10?

ERNIEFRIESE, Apr 11, 2016
  3. GlaskAki Win User
    How do you install custom cursors in Windows 10?

This isn't the answer for this particular question. We know how to download cursors.

We need to know where to drop the .cur files in order to make them usable. I've done this on older versions of windows, but it's been ages and I'm not sure the way I did it even exists on Windows 10.

GlaskAki, Apr 11, 2016
  4. memery Win User

Yes! I am having the exact same problem and it is driving me crazy. Before I did this latest clean install I had the same custom set working just fine but now I can't get them to stay put.

Anyone else have any ideas?

memery, Apr 14, 2016
  5. CountMike New Member
    I place them in C:/Windows/Cursors and they stay installed and running.

CountMike, Apr 14, 2016
  6. memery Win User
    I'll try that again, but the last time I tried windows wouldn't let me because it's a system file.

...well low and behold it worked this time, I just had to continue giving approval for each cursor. I irks me that it worked before no matter where I located the cursors though, I even had them in my OneDrive and it was working fine, but now who knows... It's just like the Dual Monitor Windows Journal pen eraser bug...

memery, Apr 14, 2016
  7. SylkRode Win User
    Hey, what do you know, it worked! I could have sworn I put those cursors in the directory, but it turns out I didn't. Thanks!

SylkRode, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. custom cursors regularly reset - Similar Threads - custom cursors regularly

2. Custom Cursor Resets after pc shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Cursor Resets after pc shut down or restart: Hello, I have a windows 10 gaming pc No it’s not compatible with Windows 11 and I had seen a previous question about this problem but after following the steps on that question I came to a halt with this problem picture there is no check box for turning off the option like...
  3. Custom Cursor Resets after pc shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom Cursor Resets after pc shut down or restart: Hello, I have a windows 10 gaming pc No it’s not compatible with Windows 11 and I had seen a previous question about this problem but after following the steps on that question I came to a halt with this problem picture there is no check box for turning off the option like...
  4. Custom Cursor Resets after pc shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Customize Command Prompt Cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customize Command Prompt Cursor: Greetings,I would like to customize the command prompt cursor, so that it is a vertical bar during insert mode, and an underscore during overstrike mode. Is this possible?Thanks,Shane....
  6. Custom cursor reseting to defeault after PC restart.

Custom cursor reseting to defeault after PC restart.: So I have my custom cursor but it moves back to normal once I restart my PC, although in settings it says the cursor is selected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/custom-cursor-reseting-to-defeault-after-pc/484b801a-5ac6-4906-aff1-8fb550037542
  7. Custom Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Custom Reset: I'm wishing to reset my laptop but i have some apps that i don't want to get rid of, mainly my paid Office and my third party anti- virus. Is there a way that i can choose to reset keeping my personal files and Office. I know that you can choose to reset and keep your...
  8. Cursor Customization

Cursor Customization: I downloaded a custom cursor pack and have the folder of these in my download folder. Whenever I restart my laptop, however, the cursor resets to the default options. When I open the cursor dialogue box, it still has my custom cursors and selecting ok puts them back on. Is...
  9. Custom cursors reset after reboot

Custom cursors reset after reboot: I applied the old Windows Vista/7 cursors and everytime I reboot it uses the Windows 10 sets even though it's still shows Windows Aero is applied. Why? Is there a cache or something I need to deal with? 77445
  10. Custom Cursors

Custom Cursors: [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] Information Thread related to self-made / custom cursors (mouse pointers). Following @Cliff S hint on moving my cursor thread from EightForums. New cursors may follow. Newer cursor...