Windows 10: Custom Deployment in Azure Percept

Discus and support Custom Deployment in Azure Percept in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I want to add custom modules along with the preloaded modules of the azure percept azureeyemodule, hostIpModule, etc... My custom module gets RTSP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by UsmanAl Habib, Mar 10, 2022.

1. Custom Deployment in Azure Percept

Hi, I want to add custom modules along with the preloaded modules of the azure percept azureeyemodule, hostIpModule, etc... My custom module gets RTSP video feed from the azure eye module. Is this possible by just adding the custom modules in the deployment.json? I tried this and my custom modules ran but I noticed after about a day or two, the percept disconnects frequently from the IoT Hub. I also noticed that the azure eye module fails every time it reconnects. Thank you.

:)

UsmanAl Habib, Mar 10, 2022
  2. Kari Win User

Customised Windows 10 deployment on multiple desktops and laptops.

OK, after giving this a thought and thinking how I would do it, here's my suggestion. Please notice that, as I said, this is how I would do it. Other geeks might disagree with parts or all of it.

I tested this scenario using one Hyper-V VM as technician machine (the one to build image) and three virtual machines to test simultaneous deployment in two scenarios:
    • Capturing install.wim from technician machine and using DISM to apply / deploy image from a network share
    • Capturing install.wim from technician machine, making ISO from it, deploying by clean installing from ISO burned to Flash drive
    Based on the fact that ISO method is clearly faster and simpler, it is what I suggest to you. I estimate you would need an hour and half to two hours to customize install image, capture it and make an ISO, then assuming you would make 5 Flash drives for install / deployment you would need about half an hour per five machines, in other words you would deploy to those 25 new machines in less than three hours, almost a full working day to deploy those 50 existing ones.

Two working days, day 1 to make the image and deploy to new machines, day 2 to deploy to old ones.

Chronological workflow based on my suggestion:

Phase 1, Image customization tutorial, parts One through Six:
    • Install Windows 10 on a technician machine (I recommend Hyper-V VM but any capable PC is OK)
    • Boot to Audit Mode
    • Update Windows, install software, customize & personalize Windows
    • Sysprep
    Phase 2:
    • Capture the install.wim from technician machine as told in this tutorial, Part Four steps 4.1 through 4.5 (physical PC as technician machine) or Part Four steps 4.6 through 4.13 (Hyper-V VM as technician machine)
    • Create ISO as told in same tutorial, Part Five
    • Burn / write ISO to as many Flash drives as you want to / need to for simultaneous installs
    • Boot production machines from Flash drive, install Windows 10
    The above is how I would do this. If you choose the DISM method instead, applying install.wim from a network share, see this Microsoft support article: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../hh824910.aspx

For more advanced deployment using MDT see this article: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../dn475741.aspx

3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Azure AD Banned Password List without On-Prem Agent

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query regarding Azure AD Banned Password list without On-Prem agent.

We do have a dedicated forum for issues concerning to Azure AD, let me point you in the right direction, where you may find appropriate support for the issue. I would suggest you to post your query in
    Microsoft Q&A, where we have support professionals to address your query.

Article for reference:

I hope your query gets resolved at the earliest.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 10, 2022
  4. Custom Deployment in Azure Percept

How to deploy custom VM image to Azure?

Your question is outside the scope of this Community.

I suggest that you repost at the MSDN Azure Forums:

Msdn forums

TechNet Azure Forums:

Technet forums

TechNet Forums:

Technet forums

Or MSDN Forums:

Msdn forums

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Mar 10, 2022
Thema:

Custom Deployment in Azure Percept

1. Custom Deployment in Azure Percept - Similar Threads - Custom Deployment Azure

2. Deploy Secfurity baselines profiles from Intune to Azure VM resources

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deploy Secfurity baselines profiles from Intune to Azure VM resources: Hi I would like to deploy some Security baselines to Servers in our Azure enviroments. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deploy-secfurity-baselines-profiles-from-intune-to/e651ef6a-44ff-40e2-81ac-5904a6d435cf
  3. Deploy Secfurity baselines profiles from Intune to Azure VM resources

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deploy Secfurity baselines profiles from Intune to Azure VM resources: Hi I would like to deploy some Security baselines to Servers in our Azure enviroments. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deploy-secfurity-baselines-profiles-from-intune-to/e651ef6a-44ff-40e2-81ac-5904a6d435cf
  4. Custom Deployment in Azure Percept

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom Deployment in Azure Percept: Hi, I want to add custom modules along with the preloaded modules of the azure percept azureeyemodule, hostIpModule, etc... My custom module gets RTSP video feed from the azure eye module. Is this possible by just adding the custom modules in the deployment.json? I tried this...
  5. Custom Deployment in Azure Percept

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Deployment in Azure Percept: Hi, I want to add custom modules along with the preloaded modules of the azure percept azureeyemodule, hostIpModule, etc... My custom module gets RTSP video feed from the azure eye module. Is this possible by just adding the custom modules in the deployment.json? I tried this...
  6. Azure Deployment

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Azure Deployment: Azure deployment from eclipse using maven command "azure-functions:deploy" fails with error "Failed to execute goal com.microsoft.azure:azure-functions-maven-plugin:1.12.0:deploy default-cli on project azProject: Max retries 3 times exceeded.".Randomly deployment success...
  7. Deploy Individual Static Content Files to Azure App Services via FTP Task in Azure Pipelines

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deploy Individual Static Content Files to Azure App Services via FTP Task in Azure Pipelines: I've just upgraded a Classic ASP website to an ASP.NET Core MVC Razor Page framework. I do not have a CMS system and all of my static content files .xml, PDFs, and images are contained in my website project. To deploy my static content files, I'm using FTP tasks within Azure...
  8. Windows 10 Deployment - Use custom Reset this PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Deployment - Use custom Reset this PC: Hello everyone, I introduce myself I am new to the forum. I have in my possession a custom install.wim of Windows 10 1909 and I would now like to either create a partition to restore this image or either ask Windows to use this image for the option to reset this PC. In any...
  9. Custom install or change Microsoft Office with Office Deployment Tool

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Custom install or change Microsoft Office with Office Deployment Tool: How to: Custom install or change Microsoft Office with Office Deployment Tool [img] Information In earlier versions of Microsoft Office, users could select Install options and customize the installation by installing only selected Office applications, or select an...
  10. Surface Hub announces customer subscription, deployment options...

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Hub announces customer subscription, deployment options...: Partner ecosystem continues to innovate to help more businesses transform how they do business with Surface Hub. Today, ISE 2017, the largest AV and integrated systems conference in the world, kicks off in Amsterdam. The Surface Hub team is pleased to share exciting news...