Windows 10: Custom desktop wallpaper disappears after every update

Discus and support Custom desktop wallpaper disappears after every update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there, I run a small business with 8 computers running Windows 10. Each computer has multiple user accounts and my own administrator account. All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NRB, Jan 25, 2018.

1. NRB
    NRB Win User

Custom desktop wallpaper disappears after every update

Hi there,

I run a small business with 8 computers running Windows 10. Each computer has multiple user accounts and my own administrator account. All users have a custom desktop background with the company logo and I use a different variation of it so I know the Admin account is logged in. The lock screen is also a custom company logo.

What's been happening though, is that after each windows 10 update the desktop wallpaper/background changes to a default windows 10 picture. This is really annoying as after each update I have to manually change the desktop personalisation for EACH account on EACH computer, so have to do it 24 times! (4 users x 8 computers).

Why does this behaviour happen and is there a way to stop it, because it's become really infuriating?

:)

2. halfey Win User

Windows 10 - Delivery Optimization hogging bandwidth

A feature update will restore most (if not all) of your custom settings back to default. I've had my custom wallpaper reverted to the default Windows 10 wallpaper every time after the creators update. Even the recent creators update also resets my Windows
    Store setting where it turned on the app auto-update that hogs the bandwidth despite I've always had it turned off.

halfey, Jan 25, 2018
  3. VM1138 Win User
    Windows 10: Desktop Wallpaper Disappears on Startup. Nothing sticks, not even default Windows themes

I've scoured the Internet for solutions and have found similar problems, but nothing exactly like what I'm experiencing.

Ever since upgrading to Windows 10 from 7, my wallpaper disappears on startup. Not immediately on startup, but after 30 seconds or so after startup. Nothing sticks, not even default Windows themes. It goes away and is replaced with a plain black wallpaper.

I'm not sure what other info is needed for someone to help, it really is as simple as that.

Original title: Windows 10: Desktop Wallpaper Disappears on Startup

VM1138, Jan 25, 2018
  4. Tony K Win User

Hello, @NRB. Welcome to Windows TenForums.

I can imagine how frustrating that would be. I’m not a super advanced user, but I may be able to head you in the right direction. Below are some links with possibilities. The first is most likely your best bet. You may want to join in on a MS forum to ask questions as well.

Provisioning packages (Windows 10) | Microsoft Docs

It may be possible via Group Policy Editor:

group policy management console - Microsoft TechNet Search

This one is more geared up for customizing install media for deployment:

Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep Installation Upgrade Tutorials

That tutorial was made by one of the more knowledgeable members. He might help you. He’s very learned and enjoys this type of thing. Leave a visitor message for him if you’d like.

View Profile: Kari - Windows 10 Forums

Tony K, Jan 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Custom desktop wallpaper disappears after every update - Similar Threads - Custom desktop wallpaper

2. My wallpaper on windows 11 changes to default wallpaper after every update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wallpaper on windows 11 changes to default wallpaper after every update: I have a slideshows set as my wallpaper and after every update windows 11 update or intel driver update my wallpaper resets to the default windows one non slideshow. I've already tried to end the windows syncronisation sugested in other threads but that doesn't work....
  3. My wallpaper on windows 11 changes to default wallpaper after every update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wallpaper on windows 11 changes to default wallpaper after every update: I have a slideshows set as my wallpaper and after every update windows 11 update or intel driver update my wallpaper resets to the default windows one non slideshow. I've already tried to end the windows syncronisation sugested in other threads but that doesn't work....
  4. Wallpaper disappears after switching to another virtual desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wallpaper disappears after switching to another virtual desktop: My wallpaper is set to slideshow via personalization, and I've multiple virtual desktops. After rebooting and switching to another virtual desktop, the wallpaper would display a black screen across all desktops. Clicking the default theme again fixes the issue. Windows 11...
  5. Wallpaper disappears after switching to another virtual desktop

Wallpaper disappears after switching to another virtual desktop: My wallpaper is set to slideshow via personalization, and I've multiple virtual desktops. After rebooting and switching to another virtual desktop, the wallpaper would display a black screen across all desktops. Clicking the default theme again fixes the issue. Windows 11...
  6. Large Part of Desktop Wallpaper Keeps Disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Large Part of Desktop Wallpaper Keeps Disappearing: Everytime I turn on my PC, I see that a large part of my desktop wallpaper is gone. Only way to fix it is to go into settings and select the wallpaper again. It's super annoying. Does anyone know what is causing this and how I can fix it?...
  7. Large Part of Desktop Wallpaper Keeps Disappearing

Large Part of Desktop Wallpaper Keeps Disappearing: Everytime I turn on my PC, I see that a large part of my desktop wallpaper is gone. Only way to fix it is to go into settings and select the wallpaper again. It's super annoying. Does anyone know what is causing this and how I can fix it?...
  8. Large Part of Desktop Wallpaper Keeps Disappearing

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Multi Monitor Custom Wallpaper Randomly Disappears

Multi Monitor Custom Wallpaper Randomly Disappears: Been having this issue for a couple of weeks now, where out of nowhere, one of my four monitor's background custom image will "disappear", and the monitor will be black. If I hit refresh, the image sometimes comes back, but one or more of the other monitors' backgrounds will...
  10. Desktop wallpaper keeps disappearing

Desktop wallpaper keeps disappearing: So the last two days I have noticed my desktop wallpaper either resizes itself to 1080p - I am on 4k - or it vanishes altogether. I have set slideshow to disable in power options. I turned theme sync off as I don't have any other windows devices, wonder how i reset the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. every time a new user logs in the default wallpaper disappears