Windows 10: Custom Display Scaling for multi monitor setup?

Discus and support Custom Display Scaling for multi monitor setup? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just picked up an HP Omen 27i monitor - IPS - 2560x1440 - 165Hz) to use as my main monitor. I'm using my previous monitor (Asus VG248 - TN - 1920x1080... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BKnight, Nov 18, 2020.

1. BKnight Win User

Custom Display Scaling for multi monitor setup?

Just picked up an HP Omen 27i monitor - IPS - 2560x1440 - 165Hz) to use as my main monitor. I'm using my previous monitor (Asus VG248 - TN - 1920x1080 - 144Hz) as my second monitor.

Is there any way to set the Custom scaling option in Windows for my HP Omen (first monitor) to 120 and keep my Asus VG248 (second monitor) to 100? If I do that the custom scaling spans across both monitors. However if I set the scaling to an option in the drop-down box (125%, 150%,175%, 200%, 225%) it works properly.

I'd like to set a lesser value than 125 for the HP Omen since that value is too large for my liking.

Custom Display Scaling for multi monitor setup? [​IMG]

:)

BKnight, Nov 18, 2020

2. Custom Display Scaling on Multiple Monitors w/ Dock

Hello,

I've encountered the world's most infuriating problem for which I do not believe there is a solution. I recently purchased an HP ZBook 14u w/ it's associated thunderbolt dock. I have two 24" 4K displays connected to the dock. For the monitors, under scale
    and layout I've set scaling to 225% (which IS listed under available pre-set scaling options) and they look fantastic. For the laptop screen however, the recommended setting is 300% (too big) with the setting below that being 250% (too small). Setting a custom
    scale of 275% is perfect. The problem is, if I set custom scaling on the laptop screen, and then plug it into the dock, it carries over to the two monitors (changing them to 275%) making them too big. It seems there is no way to set custom scaling for an individual
    display. It also seems that there is no way to add a certain scale percentage (in this case 275%) to the list of available options within the settings on the laptop screen without setting a custom number.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? Are there any drivers, registry tweaks or custom apps that can allow me to set custom scaling for an individual screen and not have it carry over to all the displays when I connect the laptop to the dock?

CiscoKid08, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Win 10 Multi Display Scaling Issues

Thank You Archie123.

I've tried changing my gpu scaling as per your suggestion. I've tried all different options available (see image attached), and unfortunately it did not work.

It was working with Windows 7 before... it only started after the upgrade to Win 10 the issue with the extended monitor...

Thanks!

Custom Display Scaling for multi monitor setup? [​IMG]

ricogabrielli, Nov 18, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

DaveM121, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Custom Display Scaling for multi monitor setup? - Similar Threads - Custom Display Scaling

2. Problem with multi Monitor Setup Microsoft Transient Multi-Monitor Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with multi Monitor Setup Microsoft Transient Multi-Monitor Manager: Hi everybody, I'm at the end of my wits. I recently got a new second monitor on my system win10, NVidia Geforce 1070, 2x MSI Optix MAG27 to name the relevant pieces and now the automatic monitor detection is bugging me. ProblemWhenever I'm switching my second monitor off...
  3. Custom display scaling per monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom display scaling per monitor: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/caefzu/custom_scaling_per_monitor/ Is this possible by now? In windows10 you have to use custom scaling, because with the regular scaling option, basic stuff like properties of a file are blurry. The problem is that custom scaling,...
  4. Display Customization - Scaling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Customization - Scaling: I would like to scale one of my monitors below 100%. I know Microsoft currently does not allow this. It would be nice if they would allow for a custom scaling option of your choosing or adjustments in 5% increments down to maybe 50%. Does anyone know if there is a work...
  5. Custom Display Scaling for multi monitor setup?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Custom Display Scaling for multi monitor setup?: Just picked up an HP Omen 27i monitor - IPS - 2560x1440 - 165Hz) to use as my main monitor. I'm using my previous monitor (Asus VG248 - TN - 1920x1080 - 144Hz) as my second monitor. Is there any way to set the Custom scaling option in Windows for my HP Omen (first monitor)...
  6. Custom scaling on multiple displays

Custom scaling on multiple displays: I work with a 3 monitor configuration. I have an Asus Zenbook Pro Duo with 2 screens: - Primary screen: 3840x2160p 15.6 inch - Secondary screen: 3840x1100p, it has the same physical width than the primary but half the height Plus, an external monitor 3rd screen: Viewsonic...
  7. Custom Display Scaling on Multiple Monitors w/ Dock

Custom Display Scaling on Multiple Monitors w/ Dock: Hello, I've encountered the world's most infuriating problem for which I do not believe there is a solution. I recently purchased an HP ZBook 14u w/ it's associated thunderbolt dock. I have two 24" 4K displays connected to the dock. For the monitors, under scale and layout...
  8. Dual monitor custom scaling PER MONITOR?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitor custom scaling PER MONITOR?: The display settings provide setting scaling options individually per monitor. There's also an advanced setting option that provides a Custom Scaling option where you can enter a value between 100-500. In my current setup the laptop monitor (1920x1080) scaling is set to 100...
  9. Nvidia GameStream with a multi seat and multi monitor setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia GameStream with a multi seat and multi monitor setup: Hi, I have a somewhat complex question. I am trying to force Nvidia GameStream (lets call it "GS" from now on) to start on my secondary monitor. I've read on the Nvidia forum that it can't be done, and have tried to tinker with it myself. No luck so far. I will try to note...
  10. Multi monitor DPI scaling issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Multi monitor DPI scaling issue: Hi, I've got a 4K monitor and a 1920x1200 monitor hooked up but the current "solution" for separate DPI scaling seems flawed. If I set the 4K monitor as my main display and set it to 200% scaling with the 1920 display set to 100% what seems to happen is that windows...