Windows 10: Custom Display Scaling on Multiple Monitors w/ Dock

Discus and support Custom Display Scaling on Multiple Monitors w/ Dock in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I've encountered the world's most infuriating problem for which I do not believe there is a solution. I recently purchased an HP ZBook 14u w/... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CiscoKid08, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Custom Display Scaling on Multiple Monitors w/ Dock

Hello,

I've encountered the world's most infuriating problem for which I do not believe there is a solution. I recently purchased an HP ZBook 14u w/ it's associated thunderbolt dock. I have two 24" 4K displays connected to the dock. For the monitors, under scale and layout I've set scaling to 225% which IS listed under available pre-set scaling options and they look fantastic. For the laptop screen however, the recommended setting is 300% too big with the setting below that being 250% too small. Setting a custom scale of 275% is perfect. The problem is, if I set custom scaling on the laptop screen, and then plug it into the dock, it carries over to the two monitors changing them to 275% making them too big. It seems there is no way to set custom scaling for an individual display. It also seems that there is no way to add a certain scale percentage in this case 275% to the list of available options within the settings on the laptop screen without setting a custom number.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? Are there any drivers, registry tweaks or custom apps that can allow me to set custom scaling for an individual screen and not have it carry over to all the displays when I connect the laptop to the dock?

:)

CiscoKid08, Jun 12, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User
    DaveM121, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Surface pro 4 Dock Scaling problems

I use the dock for working with an external monitor Iiyama 1920 x 1080 who i just have bought for use with the surface.

The main problem is wrong scaling.

The monitor is connected with the dock with a mini-display to HDMI cable.

In Windows 10 the scaling settings are as recommended: 200% for the surface, 100% for the monitor.

Sometimes the scaling on the external monitor is correct, often it isn't.

F.i. Using the edge browser the scaling is correct for the main window but when edge is given suggestions for an adress, this box is scaled 200%.

F.i. Using Excel 2016 rarely scales correct, often it is scaled 200% or sometimes zoomed out. PowerPoint and Word 2016 mostly scale 200%. Restarting or displaying the program from one screen to the other and back does't help.

I've tried changing display scaling settings but this doen's solve the problem.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

LievenCattersel, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Custom Display Scaling on Multiple Monitors w/ Dock

Surface pro 4 Dock Scaling problems

Scaling issues with Apps on Surface 4+docking station+ external monitors:

I have 2 monitors connected through the Surface Pro 4 docking station, and if I extend to Monitor 2 and Monitor 3 - I get same problem:

Skype for business icons and app menu are huge, taking up all the screen space

Power Point is useless because again the menu items are huge

Internet Explorer are the same - huge menu

It does not happen with OneNote, Word is ok, Excel ok. I think its those programs too because nothing I do with the monitors will change that.

Help!! Custom Display Scaling on Multiple Monitors w/ Dock :(

BetzaDe Leon, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

Custom Display Scaling on Multiple Monitors w/ Dock

1. Custom Display Scaling on Multiple Monitors w/ Dock - Similar Threads - Custom Display Scaling

2. Custom scaling not working on multiple screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom scaling not working on multiple screens: Hi, I have three screens and I need to set their scaling percentages as follows:Screen 1: 133%Screen 2: 133%Screen 3: 100%How do I do that on Windows 10?Advanced scaling settings -> Custom scaling changes them all globally and I need screen number 3 with 100% scaling and...
  3. Custom scaling not working on multiple screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom scaling not working on multiple screens: Hi, I have three screens and I need to set their scaling percentages as follows:Screen 1: 133%Screen 2: 133%Screen 3: 100%How do I do that on Windows 10?Advanced scaling settings -> Custom scaling changes them all globally and I need screen number 3 with 100% scaling and...
  4. Custom display scaling per monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom display scaling per monitor: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/caefzu/custom_scaling_per_monitor/ Is this possible by now? In windows10 you have to use custom scaling, because with the regular scaling option, basic stuff like properties of a file are blurry. The problem is that custom scaling,...
  5. Display Customization - Scaling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Customization - Scaling: I would like to scale one of my monitors below 100%. I know Microsoft currently does not allow this. It would be nice if they would allow for a custom scaling option of your choosing or adjustments in 5% increments down to maybe 50%. Does anyone know if there is a work...
  6. Custom Display Scaling for multi monitor setup?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Custom Display Scaling for multi monitor setup?: Just picked up an HP Omen 27i monitor - IPS - 2560x1440 - 165Hz) to use as my main monitor. I'm using my previous monitor (Asus VG248 - TN - 1920x1080 - 144Hz) as my second monitor. Is there any way to set the Custom scaling option in Windows for my HP Omen (first monitor)...
  7. Custom Display Scaling for multi monitor setup?

in Windows 10 Support
    Custom Display Scaling for multi monitor setup?: Just picked up an HP Omen 27i monitor - IPS - 2560x1440 - 165Hz) to use as my main monitor. I'm using my previous monitor (Asus VG248 - TN - 1920x1080 - 144Hz) as my second monitor. Is there any way to set the Custom scaling option in Windows for my HP Omen (first monitor)...
  8. Custom scaling on multiple displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom scaling on multiple displays: I work with a 3 monitor configuration. I have an Asus Zenbook Pro Duo with 2 screens: - Primary screen: 3840x2160p 15.6 inch - Secondary screen: 3840x1100p, it has the same physical width than the primary but half the height Plus, an external monitor 3rd screen: Viewsonic...
  9. Display scaling issue with multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display scaling issue with multiple monitors: I'm using my Thinkpad x260 at 125% scaling, and have an external monitor at 100% scaling (both are FHD monitors). If I set the external monitor as the main display, all Windows notifications pop up at the 125% scaling on the external monitor, and are weirdly cut off (not just...
  10. Scaling with multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Scaling with multiple monitors: Hi there, I've got a 15 inch Dell laptop with 4K screen. Using the Dell docking station, I'm running 2 external monitors connected over DP ports (LG's 2560*1080 and Dell's 1920*1080) - both external screens run at their respective native resolutions in the extended desktop...