Windows 10: Custom Engine for Start Menu Search possible?

Discus and support Custom Engine for Start Menu Search possible? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Has anybody figured out if it is finally possible to customize the "Universal Start Menu search" or replace the Bing Search by Google search or any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SteveB, May 25, 2015.

1. SteveB Win User

Custom Engine for Start Menu Search possible?

Has anybody figured out if it is finally possible to customize the "Universal Start Menu search" or replace the Bing Search by Google search or any other prefered online search engine?

In Windows 8.1 that was sadly not possible and i assume it won't be possible to customize it in Windows 10, but if anybody has figured out if it is possbile or if it definitiv won't be possible i'd be happy about the Information with source.

Thanks a lot.

:)

SteveB, May 25, 2015

2. Yahoo has hijacked me

If you are using Firefox:

Click the 'Open menu' at the top right hand corner - looks like a Hamburger

Click Search

In the default search engine list box, choose Google

If you are using Google Chrome:

Click the Customize and Control Chrome menu represented by the three vertical dots in the top right corner.

Click Settings

In the search box, type the word: search

Click in the Set which search engine is used when searching from within the omnibox list box

Choose Google

Andre Da Costa, May 25, 2015
  3. Guru Kiran G, May 25, 2015
Thema:

Custom Engine for Start Menu Search possible?

1. Custom Engine for Start Menu Search possible? - Similar Threads - Custom Engine Start

2. Start menu customization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu customization: Alright, this may be a double or triple question, but I am seeking consistency within my desktop layout. Currently, I have the TranslucentTB app downloaded from the Windows Store, and it works like a charm. However, my start menu is not translucent as well ... which is kind...
  3. is it possible to search for folders in the start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is it possible to search for folders in the start menu?: For example, I have a folder called "Asus" in my start menu that has about 8 asus apps in it. I want to be able to search for "Asus" in the search bar to get to it quicker (not having to click the start button and scroll down), but the search bar finds nothing for "Asus". It...
  4. Missing icons in Start Menu search for custom link

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing icons in Start Menu search for custom link: Hello, I use multiple profiles with my Firefox browser so I created multiple links to the firefox.exe and appending "-P <profileName>" to it. It works fine, but when using the Start Menu search there are no icons. In the following screenshots you can see the search results...
  5. Start menu search, is it possible to remove?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu search, is it possible to remove?: Is is possible to completely remove search from the start menu, or at least have it not return results from any source? submitted by /u/deey001 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i5n97e/start_menu_search_is_it_possible_to_remove/
  6. Customizing Start Menu

Customizing Start Menu: [ATTACH] When I move or delete items in this folder^ the start menu doesn't change even when I reboot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customizing-start-menu/379fa108-dbbf-417e-a444-dfcdf48a0768
  7. Customizing Start Menu

Customizing Start Menu: When I try to edit start menu in Explorer it does let me make changes but my changes are not reflected on the start menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customizing-start-menu/0733cd6f-d942-4239-b4af-4d778204fb8e
  8. Start Menu Customization

Start Menu Customization: Hi all If this post is a repeat of an existing topic, I apologize, I couldn't find anything in my searches. I'm trying to customize the Windows 10 start menu and I'm running into an issue with grouped boxes (the icons boxes created by placing one icon on top of another,...
  9. Customizing the Start Menu

Customizing the Start Menu: Is there a way to customize the Start Menu so I can remove the ABC letters & also place shortcuts into folders? What I mean is this: In 7, after I install a program, I can R-click the Orb & select (If I remember correctly) Properties or Open Windows Explorer. Opening Windows...
  10. Can't select custom search engine in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Can't select custom search engine in Chrome: Okay so in Chrome under "manage search engines" there are 2 sections - "default search engines" and 'other search engines'. Under "other search engines" I added a few custom ones like duckduckgo, startpage, etc., but Chrome won't let me select any of them as default. The only...