Windows 10: CUSTOM FOLDER COLOR BASED ON FOLDER SIZE

Discus and support CUSTOM FOLDER COLOR BASED ON FOLDER SIZE in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Does anyone know of a way to automatically change the color of a folder based on it's size? I know there are free folder colour applications... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JulesP2, Jan 11, 2019.

1. JulesP2 Win User

CUSTOM FOLDER COLOR BASED ON FOLDER SIZE

Hello,

Does anyone know of a way to automatically change the color of a folder based on it's size? I know there are free folder colour applications like Folder Marker, but I haven't been able to find one that colours automatically.

We are looking for a solution at work to easily tell at a glance whether a folder is empty or not.

thanks!

:)

JulesP2, Jan 11, 2019

2. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused CUSTOM FOLDER COLOR BASED ON FOLDER SIZE :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well CUSTOM FOLDER COLOR BASED ON FOLDER SIZE :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

1. CUSTOM FOLDER COLOR BASED ON FOLDER SIZE - Similar Threads - CUSTOM FOLDER COLOR

2. Custom "Folder Types"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom "Folder Types": So I don't know if I should put this here, or in another question. I also don't want to be accused of asking the same question that has already been answered and just making trouble. That is not my intent. I already know that there is no ability to add additional "folder...
  3. Customize folder icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customize folder icon: Can I add here custom picture or icon? I am trying to change icon of a folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customize-folder-icon/ec15e418-deb5-4ccb-a624-5f0f17356e00
  4. colorize folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    colorize folders: Tell me why I need to go to a 3rd party to find software to color a damn folder? As Microsoft is so 'up to date' with its technology but yet it is lacking in some common sense features....
  5. colorize folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    colorize folders: Tell me why I need to go to a 3rd party to find software to color a damn folder? As Microsoft is so 'up to date' with its technology but yet it is lacking in some common sense features....
  6. Wanted feature: folders with customized color / Background color

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wanted feature: folders with customized color / Background color: I think it would be nice to be able to change the color of individual folders/ folder background so as to quickly select them by color instead of name. Does anyone know if this is possible in Win10?...
  7. Folder colors

Folder colors: it might be a good idea to give all local folders the possibility to give their own color so that when several are open it is easy to switch to the right folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-colors/27c678ed-9325-4c41-8111-93fc9ec44086
  8. customize a folder

customize a folder: How can I customize a folder by placing a photograph on the outside cover. Thanks for the help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customize-a-folder/99898af7-c99b-4d94-89f8-b4f0b3039375"
  9. Folder size

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder size: In W10, is there a way to always make folders open maximized. I always close them maximized, but the next time I start computer and open them, they are minimized. Thanks for looking. 101166
  10. Folder Size

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Size: Hi Group, I have an internal hard drive, 1 TB, just for data. If I add up the sizes of all the folders, it is about 75 GB. But properties for the drive show it has 455 GB of data. I know it has nowhere near that. The red line appears showing it close to full. What is...